I thought up of a Devil Fruit quite awhile ago, but then Oda made a better, less OP version of it for Viola…sort of.
I called it the think-think fruit, or the mind-mind fruit, which essentially gives you a control panel to other people's minds. It was designed for an OC of mine, so I had her character in mind while I was developing it.
Name: Think-think fruit/Omou Omou no mi
Type: Paramecia/smile (maybe not a smile fruit. It's still in production to better suit the character and context I've assigned it to, so I haven't decided quite yet)
Abilites: Allows the user to detect and enter the minds of others (including ghosts and anything with sentience) within a limited radius. They can cause minor figments, like visual illusion, noises, etc. Once they've trained enough, they can also cause figments of pain and emotion. The user needs to concentrate to cause major figments. The order of difficulty is as follows:
- Sound– very easy to perform. Dangerously easy, in fact-- you may accidentally let one of your thoughts be heard by your target if you aren't careful!
- Images– Just make sure you know your stuff, else your target won't be fooled. (Assuming you're trying to fool them.)
- Taste– As long as it's something you're familiar with--you can produce flavours you can imagine.
- Minor touch– like hairs being brushed or chills down your back--something your target will feel, but it's nothing big.
- Smell– surprisingly difficult. It works similarly as taste. The reason it's so difficult is because smells are deeply connected with memories.
- Pain– You need to train really hard for a really long time to be able to use this. This won't actually physically harm the target, but it'll feel like it. It's especially difficult to focus the pain on a specific area, instead of an overall pain.
- Emotion– Yeah, this is the god-tier of this Devil fruit. It's pretty easy to cause quick emotional bursts or samples, but if you want a lasting anger/sadness in your target, good luck.
In addition to creating mental figments, the user can also read the minds (s)he's entered. Simplest is surface thoughts, then subconscious thoughts, then, eventually, memories. Even memories that the target can't see clearly, if the user sharpens their power enough!
Suitable users: Somebody pensive, quiet, intelligent, observant, and with a good eye for detail. Organization and self-awareness help, too. The power itself aids the user's memory, so they don't need a photographic memory beforehand to be able to use their power successfully.
This fruit is more strategy-based than it is power-based. Luffy, Franky, or Zolo would not gain much from it. Usopp, Law, and Robin's personality would be more suitable.
So, what do you think?
By the way, does this site have an OC database?