Hello one and all. Once again we come to the winter event at Arlong Park; the winter solstice to the Character Tournament's summer. For the new and forgetful among us, the Arlong Park Awards commemorate the past year at Arlong Park. Its threads, its members, and the various-goings on.
We've decided to switch things up a bit this year. Instead of the old method of nomination by acclaim, we're switching to a straight nomination system. There are a small handful of categories where every qualifying candidate is automatically entered, but most of them are going to be capped at ten entries. In this, as in all things, ultimate decisions are reserved for the staff of the event and the forum. If we can't get ten, we'll use what we can get. If there's a situation where ten just obviously isn't enough or somebody is going to be horrendously ignored, we'll think about it.
We've also dropped a few categories that dragged things out last year and combined a few others. There have been a few other changes that have been made and which will be explained when the list of categories is provided.
Information about how to vote will be announced at a later date.
Here's the rules so far:
- No circlejerkery. Point blank, we don't want to see a group of ten people deciding to nominate the members of that group every time and excluding other people in the process. If it becomes obvious that categories are being fixed in that fashion, we'll start tossing out some of the nominations and look for somebody else.
- In conjunction with that, one nomination per category per person. Keep an eye on the list of nominations so that you can use that nomination for somebody else. If you keep spamming nominations for somebody that is already on there, we're going to start ignoring you for wasting our time.
- The rule about buying votes from the Character Tournament also applies here.
- As should be obvious, the entire point of having a bolded Open Category section is that nominations are only being accepted for that open category. Nominations for categories that are not yet open will be ignored.
- People who have been permanently banned are automatically disqualified from winning an Award. Verily, this Commandment was handed down on an engraved tablet from on high by ocean in the distant past and is still honored to this day.
- In this, as in all Forum Events, the most important rule is the same: Be positive. If you don't agree with something, express it by voting. We're here to celebrate and not to bring people down.
- The Event Staff has the right to alter and add to this list of rules as becomes necessary.
- Have fun!