Kirbicide's game is almost coming to an end. So, I thought I would introduce the new game that I want to host. The actual game wont begin for at least a 3-4 weeks, maybe more, but I thought I will start a thread nonetheless, because this is a different game, and going by my previous experiences, there might be a lot of questions that you guys have.
Let's start with a tl;dr version.
- Every person that signs up will be required to create a character, there will be five basic parameters that you will assign points to.
- You will also select a character that you would want to roleplay as - from One Piece of course, because this is a One Piece game, and give a little back story to yourselves.
- The game will start with each one of you in the bottom of a dungeon that you will need to escape.
- There will be day and night phases, in the day all of your actions will be communal - including lynching others, and in the night, you will be able to do things privately - including kill other people.
- Your objective will be to get out alive, and everyone who does so will win regardless of the methods they choose.
- There will be NO monsters (or dragons), and you will be fighting among yourselves.
Okay, so I have a little free time now, so a little more detail.
The five attributes your characters will have will be:
- Perception or attentiveness
- Alchemy or craft
- Athletics or acrobatics
- Willpower or sanity
Each attribute will max out at 5 points. In the first PM, I will randomly assign 5 points to your character, and you will be given 5 more points to assign as you wish - other than on the willpower or sanity stat, which will change based on your actions during the game. During the game, you will have a chance to get more points to grow your character.
I will go into more detail in what those attributes do in a moment, but before that: the game will start at the bottom room of a dungeon. You will be forced to move from room to room in order to survive (details of the mechanics would be revealed during the game). During the day phase, all of your activities will be done in the main day thread and will be visible to everyone. At night, you will have your own dedicated thread where you will perform your activities away from prying eyes.
Many actions will have a chance to succeed based on your attributes and a random roll of a dice (not really, I will probably use excel to generate my random numbers). If you are interested, I will write down the mathematics of it, but you wouldn't need to worry, that will all be done by me.
So, about the attributes.
- Perception will allow you to find hidden rooms and maybe items, and also see if anyone is acting "scummy" - which practically speaking would be a calculation based on your perception stat and the targets willpower stat.
- Alchemy or craft will allow you to use machines or equipment. This would be the mechanism through which you will get "powers" - in Mafia lingo.
- Athletics or acrobatics will allow you to reach otherwise unreachable places, and also avoid kills. Again, practically speaking this will be calculation based on the attackers stealth vs the defenders athletics.
- Stealth will allow you to sneak into places without anyone else noticing, and also give you an advantage in kills.
- Willpower will change based on your actions during the game. The more negative actions you take, the lesser your willpower and the easier it will be to pin you.
Everything you do during the day or night will be "resolved" twice. This means that you will commit your actions in the respective threads, and twice a day I will come around and give you your results. So for example, at night a person decides to explore a particular part of the room, I will come and tell them if they found anything, item or new areas, and describe what it is they found. Similarly, during the day, any actions everyone commits will be resolved in the day thread.
What else… ooh. I will have a map of the dungeon which I will use to record where each one of you are at any given time.
I guess that's pretty much it. Questions?
I will write a more detailed explanation over the course of the next few days, for now, any questions, fire away. If you think this will be fun, please go ahead and sign up!!
- Jabberwok (I don't know man, you still look scummy)