Hm… Let's see... It's been a pretty polarizing year in general.
10. Vinsmokes squaring up - The moment the Vinsmokes decided to put on their raiding gear and go on the offensive against the Big Mom Pirates was incredibly powerful. Especially the panel where Ichiji punches Perospero in his face, I've always found highly memorable for whatever reason. It just strikes me as superkinetic.
9. Big Mom striking down Judge - On the flipside though, this moment made Big Mom look beastly.
8. Pedro's sacrifice - Whether he stays dead or not, I never really cared for Pedro. I can't really tell you anything about his character or personality. But his sacrifice felt really impactful, whether it comes full circle and he really dies or not.
7. Perospero getting a lot of shine - I didn't think this guy would be all that fleshed out, but I think Peros has become one of the more interesting one of the Charlotte siblings.
6. Big Mom Tsunami - My jaw literally dropped at this moment.
5. Big Vater - Incredible ability, very distinct design, did a lot to build up Capone. Really great all around.
4. Su Long Carrot - Another character I felt didn't have anything to do and I was seriously starting to question her worth in the story. But her badassery against Daifuku's fleet was brilliant. One of the most well executed moments in the arc by far. One can only wonder what Nekomamushi and Inuarashi would be like under Fullmoon.
3. Strawhat Teamwork - This is some stuff we haven't seen since Thriller bark. The fact that everyone got an opportunity to be completely badass was a great turn of events. Considering most of the arc has been people questioning why character X,Y,Z didn't do Z,Y,X.
2. Big Mom Flashback- Although it's located rather awkwardly in a place I would prefer to not have an extended flashback. I can't deny that it was great.
1. Katakuri - God what an impression this character has left. He's the trending topic across the board, his abilities and gravitas, along with the fact that he isn't even the main Bad Guy has made him akin to the Darth Vader of One Piece. Easily one of the coolest, most memorable and brilliantly constructed characters in the series so far and that's saying something.
5. Sanji being a fuckboy - He's been disapointing since 2016 and has continued to disapoint the whole year. A few cool moments here and there has made me hopeful, but by and large he just looks stupid.
4. Pudding -For a moment I really loved the fact that she was all Yandere, weird and cruel. That was a nice twist. Everything after has been the literal oposite of what I wanted. The only way to turn this around would be if she shot Sanji down after the ..ugh... the thing that should not be mentioned has been delivered.
3. Smoothie - It's a shame, because I think this character has tons of potential that can still be utilized. What was done with her this year however, wasn't good at all. Amazing design, disapointing usage in the story. It's not too late for her to actually do something. But so far, I'm disapointed with what's happened to her.
2. A bit too much of the old running around and escaping stuff - It's fine when you read it in one go. It gets on your nerves when you read it weekly.
1. The cakebaking - God I hate this shit so much. I hated it when people started jinxing it on the forum and in comment sections. When it seemed as if it wouldn't happen I puffed my chest out and laughed at all the plebians who had been throwing the idea around. Surely Oda wouldn't do this at this point. I mean Sanji has no reason to agree to anything Pudding suggests. And what about the pacing of the story? And then it happened... Goddamnit, I hate it so much. It's absolutely infuriating to even think about the fact that it has happened and I want it revisioned out of the series.