As far as I don't really like this Awakening thing, I began reasoning about how it should work for the fruits whose we don't know yet, starting from analysing the ones we already know and searching for a pattern.
We mostly acknowledged Paramecia's ones. Doflamingo and Katakuri are flatly clear: they turn objects they touch in the element they control, from building (Dressrosa battle) to environment (Mirro-World) to weapons (Katakuri's trident). More specific is Kid and Law situation: their abilities are not as simple and consist on controlling invisible or ethereal concepts. Law basically can turn objects in Room as his own sword, making them go through people without obstacles like BM's skin. Kid can make objects he touch magnetic, but not only: he actually made Big Mom magnetic by touching her forehead.
Some older paramecia seems to achieve the very same results (or totally different from the basic one) and it is possible they are in fact awakened. Among them:
- Diamante can grant objects (coat, weapons) and the environment (Flower Hill) in flag-like characteristics. Is it possible Diamante's basic ability is just him flag-ly floating here and there?
- White Beard has the ability to make his weapon unleash earthquake by infusing it in a way highly remind of Law's Awakening.
- Shiki can make inanimate objects float. Maybe his original power is just to fly by himself?
- Blueno showed to transform body part in "doors" as he did with Luffy's face.
- Shu is able to make object rust. Is it possible the original power is a way more useless ability to… produce rust, while Sharingl could turn objects into shuriken as much as his own feet.
- Perhona has shown a shift from pre to post TS, with her flying form not being "intangible" but able to touch items, that could be Awakening-related.
- Moriah's ability to turn into shadow.
- No excuses, Absalom's ability to turn bazooka and even Nami invisible should be Awakening.
- Capone's Awakening could've been the Big Father, as it is really different from his normal use.
- Hancock's ability to turn into stone even Pacifistas with her kicks.
- Magellan's Kinjite able to spread among environment, objects and people just by touch.
- Issho's Awakening could be what he has shown as the basic ability to produce gravity wave from sword swings.
- Violet's ability to give tears a metal-like form.
- Jolla's ability to turn the Sunny into a piece of art and not only people?
- Gladius' ability to make objects and ground explode.
- Linlin has a lot of different abilities. One or two of them being Awakening seems almost too easy for me: she can suck age energy, put it into objects, eat it, even putting it into her bones. Pick one.
- Montd'Or has shown two different abilities: control over books and a whole book world.
- Rosinante ability to shut down Law and not only a vague circular area.
- Shinobu's ability to affect both ground and people.
And this actually extends over Logia too: Crocodile has the pretty much unique among Logia ability to turn the environment in sand by placing his own palm on the ground. Doesn't this remember you of anything? I love how someone who always stated to have maxed out his DF could turn to have even shown it's final form. It's possible all Logia have the same ability to turn environment into elements.
Other charas expressively stated their ability is limited:
- Mr 5 claimed he can only turn part of his own body in bombs. It is possible that an actual Awakening would give him the ability to turn objects and the very environment in bomb.
But what about the other ones? What ability can grant Buggy's Awakening? Or Aluvida? On some of them I have theories I will share here, but feels free to fill the gaps or correct my ideas.
- Buggy's ability is to split himself in pieces. It's pretty easy to guess his Awakening would make objects and environment split too. Just imagine Buggy touching the ground and making it crack in cubes he could throw on your face. Alikely, Very Good would make objects split into "berries".
- Aluvida would be able to make what she touch slippery as much as her own skin.
- Miss Valentine and Mach Vise could make a feather heavy as hell, and that could turn into an absolutely kill weapon.
- Mr 3 is a bit peculiar. As his ability is not to turn into wax, but to produce it, I am pretty much sure the Awakening would grant him the ability to make wax stream from walls and environment. Alikely, Carifa could make soap flood from objects and Trebol fat.
- Wapol is a lot more peculiar. I can't really get how the "ability to eat and digest everything" could transfer on environment.
- Mr 2's ability to turn his face and body into other ones could resolve on different ways: on a hand it could grant him the ability to make objects imitate other objects, on the other hand it could grant him the ability to turn other people.
- Mr 1, Miss Double Finger, Bellamy, Hawkins, Inazuma, Baby 5 would be able to make blades, spikes, springs, straw, scissors, weapons come out from environment. On the same line Hina could be able to make her trapping metal bars spring up.
- Foxy - as Law and Newgate - could make item noronoroing people by touch.
- Bonney could turn to be able to age objects (as Ain in Z).
- Urouge could make ground absorb shock to reflect.
- Apoo would be able to make objects produce sound while Buffalo would make them spin.
- Ivankov could make hormon secrete from environment?
- As much as Doffy and Katakuri, Jozu would be able to turn objects in diamond (the richest fruit in the world).
- Blamenco to put pockets on a wall or people.
- Decken could turn object in target. Like shooting to the very Ryuugu Palace instead of Shirahoshi.
- Kelly Funk could make other people wearable.
- Perospero could produce candy from environment, as much as Cracker and Opera could do with biscuits and cream. And even Galette with her butter.
- Smoothie perhaps could be able to squeeze objects.
- Daifuku making more geenies sprouting from the ground.
- Purin could be able to transform memories or modify them (as Tsukishima from Bleach).
- Oven could affect environment's temperature by touch.
- Toki's Awakening could involve time trips in the past and not only future.
Robin and Brook are really hard to understand and I have the hard feeling they could turn more imaginative, as with Luffy. As much as it's possible Robin and Brook have respectively awakened with the whole body and the soul form. Other unique cases are:
No idea about Kuma, Tsuru, Kin'emon, Sugar, Bartolomeo, Leo, Senor (what? He begins swim into people? Gross), Pica (his ability is already environment-affecting), Kanjuro (maybe turning even other's art onto life?), Manshelly ("heal" objects too? Like, repairing?), Raizou, Brulée, Streusen, Newsan, Morley, Belo Betty, O-Tama.
For Zoans, it seems obvious the point to resolve is about the Mythological ones, but Luffy provides a good example. As far as these Myth ones have secondary abilities, their awakening could revolve around transferring it onto environment (blue flames, shock waves, boro breath, etc) and when not, it could just be the basic zoan one (which seems to be an override from the fruit's personality on the user).
What do you think?