Ok, so simplest deduction is that Queen is guilty. But, hypothetically, if Queen is telling the truth about someone else killing Usopp… who else could it be?
We've looked at those confirmed to have used Stealth. Me (following Hannyabal). Nami (attempted theft). Queen(creeping on Usopp?)
But if Nami failed her Stealth action, why was she noticed as suspicious and not Monet, who also failed a Stealth action (follow) ?
Apparently, using Stealth abilities at night triggers others to notice suspicious actions. Bon Clay says the suspicious person's willpower is set against others' perceptions.
You have to have done an action successfully to gain willpower. I assume it means a day action, since my Following didn't increase my Willpower.* So if there's anyone who did a stealth kill, they may have not been detected if they had a successful day action.
Incidentally, Bon Clay, Monet, and Hannyabal are the ones who did Day actions. And everyone else was detected as being suspicious.
Did Bon Clay, Monet, or Hannyabal use Stealth in the night?
Hannyabal - tried to watch Monet (perception), but failed.
Bon Clay -??
Monet - claims she tried to follow Nami (stealth) but failed
--- Update From New Post Merge ---
That is terrible to hear, I'm so sorry, Shuhan. Best wishes for your kitty and family, I really hope that everything works out. How are you managing? Feel free to message me about it if you need to chat or vent.
This completely checks out with my report on you, which means that you are off my list of murder suspects. BUT YOU ARE AT THE TOP OF MY LIST OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECTS!!!
Give me a little time to paraphrase, I don't want to copy-paste what Buggy said to me privately. I'll be right back.
–- Update From New Post Merge ---
Last night, I attempted to watch Queen, the sneaky bastard. And I was successful. Here is the gist of my report:
- I heard someone making noise in their sleep, but I couldn't make out what sort of noise or what was said. It turns out that what I heard was Queen.
- For a moment, I thought that I saw them smiling. It seriously gave me the creeps.
- They got up and started sneaking toward the exit, moving quietly but fast.
- Suddenly, however, they stopped.
- For a moment, they stood there, looking quizzically at the rubble at the far side of the exit from the first room.
- Then, without doing anything else, they turned around and sneaked back into camp.
That's all, folks.
So, you should be able to see now why I'm fully convinced that Queen wasn't the murderer. But… this means that one of the rest of you is.
Now, if we account for all the people who did something "sneaky" last night (i.e. used their Stealth ability), we've got:
- Queen, attempted murder. Watched by me, and read by Hannya-boy.
- Batman, followed Hannya-boy. Read by Snowy-girl.
- Nami, allegedly attempted theft. Read by Bat-boy, but she could have been trying something else… like murder.
- Monet, allegedly attempted following. Read by no one. Very unusual. I don't know what to think.
- Hannyabal, allegedly attempted following/watching. Read by no one. Not surprising if he actually was just watching, but very unusual if he was trying to follow. I don't know what to think.
I'm the only one that didn't try using stealth last night. Weird.
Hmmm putting this together with my thoughts… Points to Nami or Monet for me.
Either attempted but failed stealth doesn't actually trigger suspicion... Which would implicate Nami.
Or successful day actions increase willpower which shields from suspicion... Which would implicate Monet.