Alternate, boring title: The Last Meal Thread
How familiar are y'all with the last meal tradition some authorities give folks on death row. Basically, the person about to be executed is given a last meal, typically of their choosing, as some sort of sign of forgiveness so they don't go Paranormal Activity on the unsuspecting populace. I dunno, but the point is, criminals are given a luxury most of us will never have, but that's neither here nor there. It's outside the scope of this discussion.
What I want to ask is a very simple question: If you knew your death was imminent, what would your last meal be and why?
Now, THE RULES OF THIS THREAD:
a) You have a price ceiling of approximately 50 USD. Use your own judgment here and don't be too greedy. This is a last meal, not a full menu sweep.
b) You are limited to food available in your local area. If the nearest McDonald's is six countries away, no Big Macs for you, sorry.
Uhh, that's about it.
My last meal would be a bit of a lot of things, I suppose, but it still falls in budget.~
- Chicken strips, mashed potatoes with white gravy, fried okra, seasoned fries, and a buttload of honey mustard
- Steak and chicken fajitas with all of the fixings, chips and salsa, warm bowl of green chili stew
- Green bean casserole and several large dinner rolls for scooping
- A random, seasonal assortment of sushi
- Strawberry pie and a frozen custard shake
All of these things together are probably not good, but this covers all of my favorites and then some. If it's my last fucking meal, I don't want no regrets.
So start sharing your meal requests as if your lives (or in this case, deaths) depended on it!