more minor spoilers from 'another forum':
- When you start the single player mode, you can choose from 3 preset group of characters as your first partners. I chose the third group, which was Drake+Mihawk (playable) and Perona+Sentoumaru+Apoo (assist).
- You will unlock new Zoro and Sanji in the first 3 or 4 stages no worries if you have are their fan.
- Just wait until you see what happens when you "press" the self-destruct button and blow up Vegapunk's lab (actually you need to hit the button a bunch of times to activate it). You will laugh your ass off. The new stages are just awesome with so much details and cameos inside.
- The new level system is great. Now your overall player rank level determines the HP of your character, so I had been using Luffy, but this one stage asks you to use Zoro to unlock a bonus, so I used Zoro for the 1st time and his lifebar was almost just as long as Luffy who was already level 3 at that point. No more grinding for long life bar!
- If you unlock a character who is already in your roster/unlocked via another method, you will gain an immediate level up of that support character instead.
- The skill system has a few different requirements. You need to level up your individual characters to gain Skills, Skill Points and Skill Slots. For example, if you unlocked the HP Up skill which costs 2 points and the Attack Up skill which also costs 2 points, you will need 4 Skill Points and 2 Skill Slots to equip them both. If you have 4 Skill Points but only 1 slot, you can only equip 1 of them. Like wise, if you have 2 Skill Slots, but you only have 3 Skill Points, then 2+2=4>3 and you wont be able to equip both.
- When Luffy reaches a certain level he gains Anti-Poison and Block Damage Up.
- You still need to buy special attacks from shops just like GB1.
- There is still a treasure map in the bonus section to input passwords.
- So I connected to wifi and got Shanks (Fifth option in the wifi menu). He is a bruiser.His attacks just look powerful.
- KOing somebody with a super gives you a super flashy screen with the name of the super. It gives you a great accomplishment feeling.
thanks to Pacmatrix and Muka for the infos.