Major likes about Magico:
1. Character names: Yea, I know manga is Japanese, but I can't help that I am not. This manga seems to recognize this and give a variety of names like Shion and Emma. This makes them so much more memorable.(Well at least for foreign readers)((Honestly I can't remember my favorite KHR character's name, the sun guardian, let alone pronounce it))
2. The Fun- Normally I hate mangas that have such romantic tones, but this manga makes it fun to read. I can't really put my finger on what exactly I enjoy, maybe its the magical setting, and the future potential.
3. Main characters- Despite Shion's lame Bread excuse, I really like him. Emma also has shown signs of not being Useless female protagonist A, though the deciding factor will be whether she learns to use her powers in some way, shape or form to aid Shion. Also, there is a dragon with sunglasses, did anyone mention that?
4. Set Goal- It really annoys me when mangas ignore this. For example, mangas such as KHR, Fairy Tail, post Aizen Bleach, these are all mangas that seem to have no purpose besides showing arguably cool techniques from arc to arc(though KHR seems to have character progression between arcs which is more than what I can say for the other two). This manga, like many good manga such as One Piece and Toriko, has a goal that you can measure along the way through how many meals toriko has or how far in the grandline luffy is. Shion needs to complete that table of rituals and Emma's freed, we can also see how far he is into that quest by looking at that (Ritual table?) and watching his progression.
5. Broom Magic- Need I say more
Things I don't like
1. Chapter 1- This just didn't leave a great impression on me like it should, Shion's broom magic should have been feared more.
2. Random Character's apparent lack of knowledge- Seriously, shion is suppoed to be one of the three great sages of the east or west or whatever, Why isnt he recognized as such by at least the news reporter on the television. The only person who did recognize him was the villain dude which brings me to my next issue.
3. Random Villain 1- Seriously, I can't even think of the dud in glasses name. His magic could have been way cooler and its attack abilities explained in much more depth, and speaking of depth, I saw 0 in this guy.
4. All magic that is not Shion's- If Shion's magic is the only cool magic in the series, it will be short lived indeed.
5. Bread- Once again, need I say more?