One of the most common questions I get asked is: "Hey, can I be on the podcast," and my answer will always be "we have a lot of people on and it wouldn't be fair to give everyone less time to be on the air or to give certain people a chance but not others. Etc.," Well a lot of our staff have lives or have been getting increasingly busy so I decided to open up auditions for ONE person (no gender restrictions this time)! There are some ground rules/requirements we have to be on the podcast:
- You must have a good, working microphone and headphones (not a headset, preferably, sometimes they do work so having a headset certainly does not disqualify you)
- You should have a good working environment (no Firecrouch cats, preferably)
- You should have a good attitude and be personable
- No offense intended, but you should be able to speak English well. You don't have to be from the United States, but you should be comprehensible to the English speaking world.
- On the same note as (4), you should have no major speech impediments or major oddities in the way you speak. No offense intended here, the big question is: would you want to listen to yourself?
- You MUST have Skype and have some minor knowledge concerning that program.
- Some sort of expertise in the One Piece community is a plus!
We record at around 10:00PM EST on Saturdays and 9:00PM EST on Wednesdays. The times are not always static. We record at around that hour because I currently work on weekdays from 9:30 to 5:30PM EST and Ed isn't available until 7:00PM EST. We then wait for the amount of necessary people online or, you know, eat. On Saturdays we record right after the simulcasted episode is released.
That's it, send in an audio file and we'll all give it a listen. Be as creative as you want with it, but send us something you think we'll all like (but that represents you as a potential contributor). Send it to OnePiecePodcast@gmail.com
Just to be clear here: no one is getting kicked off/leaving the podcast, people are just getting busy. The person who will be chosen will probably appear on around 5 episodes or more this season and will, if they're available, serve as a potential back-up if others get busy. Auditions will end April 16th!