Feel Like I'm kinda Hating on ya here lol.
I liked the BUU arc the best for like 5/6 reasons.
1. Cell's arc to me was a bad ending. Goku dies, Vegeta is nice for once, Gohan ends the story? Thats dumb for the non main character to end a story. I also felt that many things should be continued. Also knowing that young Trunks was born made me want to see him older.
Most is opinion for you so no comment, but technically we did get to see how Trunks was when he was older. Or was that Future Trunks totally slip your mind?
2. The way how there was many buu forms was entertaining. The funniest part was how the strongest one was the little kid. Also definetly Dbs best scene was Buu pushing the Spirit Bomb back.
Kid Buu was not the strongest. He was just the most dangerous. The others had a sort of conscious you could say. Kid Buu just destroyed everything and was just a killing machine, thus more dangerous.
Perfect example is Bounties in One Piece. Dragon is the most dangerous/wanted man in the world. He is not the strongest. Well he could be, but still bounty does not equal STR.
Or you could say if you met Luffy in real life and Bellamy in real life. Who would you be more scared of. Who is more dangerous to you.
3. The fact that no person alive could beat him and that Goku who wanted the next gen to fight evil for now ended it. The way I thought he should.
Isn't this exacly how the ending of the Cell saga was. Goku leaving it for his son to be the hero and watch over the earth. Only thing was he died in Cell and not in Buu.
4. Gotenks fight was funny and back to the comedy of early Db and Dr.slump like how Piccolo thought he was done and Gotenks was trying to be dramatic.
I agree that was nice to have some comedy back. Was what made dragonball so much better than DBZ.
5. volume 42 also has my favorite pages ever in a manga. The part is when Vegeta is saying how he can never beat Goku and how he's the best. During the whole thing Goku is fighting Buu and it's funny how the pictures over his speech are funny and so un-serious.
I feel like that whole thing was already done before. When Vegeta was in his dying moments during the Frieza arc, he recognized Goku and also wanted him to defeat Frieza for the saiyans and for what Frieza made Vegeta into. I thought that was way more emotional.