^^Agree so much with that, I doubt we'll have a huge epic fight, but as much as I'm against Camie joining, it looks like she may, Robin suggested that she had a bad history there, and we could get a flashback, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I'm looking too deep into it, GREAT CHAPTER, SO MUCH INFO AND IT'S NICE SEE THE SH'S HAVE FUN FOR A CHANGE, and Brooke has a tongue:blink:, also, those nobles are gonna get they asses KICKED! OH, and NOBODY IS SCARED OF BROOKE, WEIRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
I think you're looking too much into it. Really, it's probably just simple racism. Let's look at the facts:
1. Hatchi asks that he and Caimie be referred to as humans.
2. They've disguised their appearance as such.
3. Gyojin Island is directly below Marijoie, as if they built it on top of them to add insult.
4. The only non-pirate Gyojin we've seen thus far is Tom, and he was treated like garbage by Water 7 except for Kokoro, Franky, and Iceburg.
5. Kokoro had to disguise her appearance in order to fit in at Water 7.
6. Arlong considered the Gyojin superior without explaining his motives. Some have conjectured it might be out of jealousy.
To me, this adds up to a lot of racism and prejudice in the One Piece world. Caimie MAY be a special case, as you're suggesting, with a little more to her story, but in general, I think it's just racism.
I think you might be right, the Fishmen we seen so far have mostly been treated like sh*t, I wonder if people in One Piece has problems with Mermiads and Fishmen!