I have just recently got a new router (maybe modem, not sure) and now any type of download doesn't work. Every time I use BT, IRC, Limewire, etc my computer freezes. Direct download still works though . It worked perfectly fine until I got this new one and I don't know how to get it to work. I feel like I'm cut off from the world .
Internet Connection Sucks
That sounds bad. My connection on the other hand enjoys dropping at random times.
That's what used to happen to mine, but now my computer just freezes .
maybe something isn't compadable, or not set up right?
is it wireless? I know I have problems with my wireless connection. Something, I don't know what, is interfereing with the signal in my room. screws up my cell phone too sometimes.
Yeah, it's wireless.
mine taps out like once an hour, i just go right click on the wireless connection in the tray (lower right hand corner) and clck on repair and it fixes it.
Aggravating after a little while? Yes
Downloads stop when it cuts off? Sometimes and Yes
but it works
Same thing happened to me, only direct download doesn't work if it's not a super small file or a compressed thing.
First, cycle your modem. Unplug it, wait about 30 seconds, hook it back up.
Second, do this:
1. Get your router's brand
2. Go to their website and download the latest Firmware. It should be a .bin file. MAKE SURE you get the correct version/model number or you'll fry your router.
3. Once it's downloaded, go to 192.168.1.1
4. By default, password and username are usually both admin (lower case).
5. Click on the advanced tab. There should be a category to update the firmware. Upload the .bin file you just downloaded.
6. Router will reset, and you'll be good to go.