Two more techniques added to the Soru section, both which are techniques that I came up with and wrote in the WIP doc back in 2016 but never added in the main doc due to hesitation. But now thanks to me gaining a bit of confidence along with getting a huge case of "Fuck it", I decided to grow a pair and add them anyway. Now on to the to techniques:
No Soru (To not shave) (N)(M)(ONL) - A unique form of soru where Robin uses sprouted legs to execute Soru instead of her normal legs, allowing Robin to use the enhanced attributes that Soru grants (which includes the ability to not only move at vanishing speed but also to attack at greater speed and power) without the need of executing Soru the normal way to gain them, opening up a pathway to a whole set of new techniques as well as to move at vanishing speed more constantly and seamlessly without to "charge up" and "recharge" so to speak, which can lead to VERY strategic uses with this technique. There is quite a trick or two to this technique which includes sprouting the extra legs out of a proper sized object (one that has enough room to bloom fully grown legs out of) that is not in the enemy's sight in order to create the illusion that she can use soru without using the proper sequence to execute the technique as well as the illusion that she can naturally attack at speeds and power at "beyond superhuman levels" without executing some technique to do so. Now despite the benefits of this, there are some drawbacks, such as the increase being only lasting for a couple of seconds, along with the fact that this is merely a circumstantial technique that can only be done depending on the location, not to mention that this must be done with caution since overdoing this technique without giving herself some time to cool down in between successions can cause heart problems since the body only endure so much blood flow and metabolism boosts at such high rates.
- Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) (N)(M)(ONL) - A fighting style that uses No Soru to attack and defend at greater speeds and power while standing in place, resulting in the user's attacks being so fast that it looks like the targets are being hit by afterimages of the appendages she/he is attacking with, thus the name of the style. This can be further enhanced with observation haki and the "hyperblooming" variation of the hana hana no mi to make it appear that the user is so godlike fast that he/she is like a super-psychic being that is almost untouchable.
And before any of you ask, yes, the name of the technique "No Soru" does sound shitty but it's a working title for now until I can come up with a better name. -_-
Currently thinking of one of these names:
- Diminuer (French for Shave)
- Kosui Soru (Japanese for Tricky Shave)
- Musei Soru (Japanese for Silent Shave)
Please comment to let me know which one you think is best. Anyway, here's a more in-depth explanation of how the two above techniques work. First off, like the Moth Orchid and Flower Umbrella, these technique are circumstantial ones for the following reasons, which are all requirements in order to use them, let alone use them successfully:
- They require the user to completely memorize and be fully aware of the surroundings of the entire location he/she is in.This even includes areas of the location that he/she will not be able to see at the moment of the situation but still knows of them in order to sprout limbs at said areas.
- They require using properly sized objects that have the right amount of space on its surface to allow the user to bloom fully grown legs out of it .
- There must be said objects present at said areas at the time of the situation.
- The said objects must be with in the user's "producing range" (as in if the user's blooming radius is as far as, for example, 2 miles at maximum, then those said objects must be somewhere within that 2 mile radius).
To help explain all this further, I even made a rough diagram sketch to at least show how the process for the Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) is done:
Using the aspects of this technique with Kaika Soru "Heki" and Kaika Soru "Senkou" will eliminate the flower petal giveaway and the second long start up time respectively, along with making said techniques much safer and easier to use.
Now before I end this update, I will admit that all this sound very confusing at first but think about it. While the sprouted legs (full grown legs to be exact) may be doing the execution of the technique (which is kicking the ground 10 times in a blink of an eye , resulting in pumping up the body's metabolism and blood flow to high levels), the increased speed and power still gets transferred into the main body since we all know that anything that effects the bloomed replica of a limb effects the user (like an injury, enemy's devil fruit abilities that revolves around skin contact, etc.). So it's quite obvious that if said negative effects can effect the user that way, should it be the same for body enhancing effects as well?
Ok, here's an example:
Let's say a dirty boxer (who is a Hana Hana no mi user) is fighting in a match with his opponent and is fighting normally and fair at the moment, and he is losing. Then some time later, during a 1 minute break after the bell rang at the end of the let's say, 7th round, he sprouts a limb in his locker room where he has someone there on standby who injects a syringe of steroids into the arm which the effects then transfers into the boxer himself to make him stronger than ever before for the rest of the match, all while fooling people, including his opponent, into thinking that he was holding back for the first seven rounds and now is getting serious when in reality, he was beefed up with steroids during that very break.
Do you see where I'm getting at now? I hope you all do!