1. We learn more about Dr. Hogback, in fact we learn about him for the first time. A famous doctor who has disappeared. Also, it brings up a mystery–what's he doing on this island. Most likely creating these monsters, but why is the question.
All we learned was that he disappeared and he's a famous genius. I didn't get goosebumps.
2. Zombies. Basically, this island has zombies. That's a development in of itself. There were no zombies in One Piece last week, that's for sure.
It didn't have to be zombies. It could have been more distinctive… or something new. I didn't expect him to resort to zombies.
3. Illusions. More development to the island, and I infact think it's more likely that these "illusions" are real in a way, and simply disappear from sight.
Yes, but again, I expect different things from Oda. We've already seen how Oda makes his manga so much different to other manga and reality itself. Illusions are quite common in a horror genre, and the rubbing of eyes… seen 100 times.
4. Hildon abandons the gang and leaves them for dead at the hands of zombies. Is he an enemy? Maybe…
I totally expected that. Thoguh it was alright, it wasn't exciting.
5. Big mysterious church. Is Vicious in there? Find out next week.
Not too excited about the church atm, but if Oda provides us with something cool or a funny-as-hell plot when Nami, Usopp and Chopper are in there… I'd be more happy.
So really, a lot has happened in this chapter. If you find it boring, that's you're problem, but a lot more happened then just "Nami and co." getting scared. We got a lot of interesting information.
My problem? Lol, explain how it's a problem?
The information we got was a little bit about Thriller Park (zombies and illusions) and a bit about Dr Hogback. I nearly collapsed in excitement.
I just thought Oda would start the arc in a more… unpredictable way.
Okay, here's hoping everyone understands this.
This, folks, is the set-up. Just like how the scene in Water 7 where Luffy, Nami, and Usopp went to Iceburg to discuss the price of ship repairs was the set-up for much greater things to come. We're still in the phase of introducing the characters and special elements of the story. We've yet to get any Oda stlye plot-twists either. Hate this chapter if you want for whatever reasons, just don't say this story was like every other horror story out there until after the arc is done. Thank you.
Yeah, but Water 7 was a large arc. This is a mini-arc (most likely). Lol, chill… don't get so offended.
Just think how the Jaya arc started... that's just what I expected from this arc starting. I'm not judging the whole arc, if you misunderstood, I'm just judging the latest chapter.