+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Whitebeard/Shanks' progress in grandline.

Default Questions about Whitebeard/Shanks' progress in grandline.

White beard is referred to as the closest to raftel in the series. It seems to me like they're either waiting on an extremely long log pose and have one of their smaller crews guarding it on the furthest island they've reached, or both these crews and maybe some shichi-bukai (mihawk for sure), and maybe the admirals have ways of getting around the grandline just plain faster than anyone else.

If they're not waiting on a log pose wtf could they all be waiting on?

Default Re: Questions about Whitebeard/Shanks' progress in grandline.

Agua Laguna.

Btw, He's closest to "One Piece" according to BUGGY, who is obviously biased against Shanks. For all we know, Shanks could be closer to One Piece.

As for why they're waiting for Agua Laguna, remember what Kokoro said? Agua Laguna is the highest it had been in years. If there's high tide in one part of the world, there has to be low tide somewhere else in the world. Geographically speaking, Raftel and Water 7 are very close to being on the opposite sides of the globe, Raftel being behind Reverse mountain, Water 7 being just behind Marijoi.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

So there's no water to sail acrossed? I almost asked why they couldn't just walk acrossed and then I realised the massive canyon an ocean is lol

Great theory actually. Maybe this is the strawhats chance to catch up.

Either that or they're waiting for Raftel to re-emerge out of the Ocean

Maybe Buggy didn't mean he's closer in a metter of distance.
    Maybe he just meant he's the strongest... the one who's more likely to get to the One Piece, defeating whoever shows up in front of him.

Discovered Stowaway

"Closest" to One Piece isn't in distance to One Piece, it's your strength. Since he's the strongest man after One Piece, that means he has the best chance, thus "closer".

As 433 suggested, Shanks and Whitebeard are on the same ship, meaning that they would be equal in that sense.

Ithought it was pretty ovious that it's because they need someone who can read poneglyphs, which is why Robin is with the mugiwaras

God makes the food.. and the devil makes the spices...Looks like it was too hot for you - Sanji

i think the question of how they get around is still a valid one...

do they have a number of eternal poses and such in thier posession so that they can get from island to island? or do they have some other method of navigating?

as far as we know Whitebeards ship is just sitting out in the middle of the ocean, none of the pictures we've seen of it have shown a nearby island. and with no nearby island its not like there would be a pose to point to his ship, so how did shanks know where to find him unless big pirates like those guys have some special method of navigating.

To know about 'progress', we'd need to know how they progress...

That old man at Reverse Mountain said all you needed was a log pose and a hella lot of patience; I'm pretty sure someone could've done it within 22 years.

Yeah, Raftel must have something else keeping it from being reached...

This is my first time posting so please be nice :P

I think to get to raftel you might have to read a poneglyphs that reveals some kind of secret which then points to the location to raftel or maybe that no log pose can get there, and that the poneglyph reveals the location to a eternal log pose which is the only thing thats points to raftel

How do we know Log Poses even work in The New World?
    Watching: Bleach, One Piece
    Reading: One Piece, Bleach, Naruto
    Watched: Get Backers, Shaman King, Scryed, Hunter x Hunter

Okay, this is crudely drawn, but it should explain it a bit:

Since Kokoro stated it was the biggest Agua Laguna in years, that would mean low tide around Raftel. During high Tide, Raftel is probably flooded and therefore surrounded by the nastiest of seakings. So, take away the flooding, and the seakings go away. Pretty simple.

Fighting off leukaemia :( ChopChopCannon's Avatar

What I'm worried about is the fact Whitebeard/Shanks could get to the One Piece before Luffy and co.

They're only on the first half of the Grand Line, for pete's sake.
    Holy hole in a doughnut, Batman!

I still say the constant battles and politics of the New World are slowing the progress of each Emperor, since they have so many other things to deal with.

Discovered Stowaway

Think about it just for a fews seconds, if buggy and shanks we're pirates under the command of Gol D. Roger until his execution, so surely they know what is the one piece, and neither buggy nor shanks never noticed that they would get the one piece and what's the interest for them to get something their former captain was already ?

Holy shit.

MB., is it really the MB.?

maybe White Beard doesn't know how/still isn't powerful enough/doesn't know exactly where to find One Piece...

It sounds like Shanks doesnt want to reach Raftel/ becoem Pirate KIng (whethere he is capab;e pr not) and plans for Luffy who is a lot younger to be PK and start the new age.

now maybe WB doesn't want it either for some reason, which may not be true since Ace says he will only let WB become PK. or something is stopping him like the other people have suggested.

I already explained this, but...

Let's suppose there's high tide on one part of the world. Say... AGUA LAGUNA. Well, if there's high tide somewhere, there has to be Low Tide somewhere, right? Right.

Now, let's suppose that Raftel is below sea level. So when there's anything else than low tide, it's flooded. And let's suppose that when it's flooded, giant seakings nest over it. WAY TOO GIANT for anyone, even Whitebeard, to fight.

So, let's say that periodically (About every 22 years), the tide hits its lowest. This brings the water level below sea level, and brings Raftel above water. Seakings can't fly, so they can't nest on an island that's above water. So they disperse back into the calm belts.

At that time, the pirates can enter Raftel. No sooner, no earlier.

That's the most plausible theory.

The other theory is that the Log pose takes 800 years to set. Meaning there's only one log pose in existence that points to Raftel, and no one has found it yet.

If raftel does remain underwater for long periods of time it no doubt must become covered in seastone. Maybe, in order to set foot on the soil of raftel one must relinquish their devil fruit powers (how? I dunno).

This could easily explain Roger being captured. Giving up everything to find the truth and to start a new age. (yes I am implying roger may at one time have used a devil fruit)

EDIT: and yes zeph it's me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information