+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One Piece GBA (US)

Rktikfox

Default Re: One Piece GBA (US)

Yeaaaah...I got Sanji's lollipops. At least there wasn't a label on Kreigs bullety spikes that said POISON SUCTION CUPS.

Other than the ridiculous stuff, its pretty fun. I still can't beat Gin, though. My little brother beat him for me.

Gin was easy, you just wait for him to jump at you and attack once he stops.

I've been trying to get all the items in the game. It might be mediocre, but at least it has SOME goal.

Rktikfox

Quote Originally Posted by Saloma View Post
    Gin was easy, you just wait for him to jump at you and attack once he stops.
    He's intimidating, damnit! XD

Collecting the stuff is kind of fun. And beating all of those stupid respawning pirates is fun too.

Anyone find any Codebreakers or Gameshark codes yet?

Hey, guys.

Sorry for resurrecting this with no warning (would've made a new thread, but well, new member and all that), but I've been going on a little research kick on One Piece video games lately, and this seems as good a place as any to ask...

Did anyone buy this game in its original cartridge form - and if so, does anyone still have the manual?

I know it's a ridiculously minor point (99% of us probably played it on emulator, if at all), but for completion's sake, I'd really like to see what terminology it used for Luffy's attacks, etc. Thin on dialog as it was, I found the game an interesting mix of stuff from the 4Kids dub and the manga (you wouldn't hear 4Kids Buggy going "Die flashily, loser!"), and I want to see how far it extends. I won't ask anyone to scan it or anything - just answer a few questions (if, indeed, the manual contains anything beyond basic controls and copyright junk).

(There's a guy on eBay hawking the manual for fifteen bucks, but I'd rather not go that route unless I have no other choice.)

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Hey, guys.

Sorry for resurrecting this with no warning (would've made a new thread, but well, new member and all that), but I've been going on a little research kick on One Piece video games lately, and this seems as good a place as any to ask...

Did anyone buy this game in its original cartridge form - and if so, does anyone still have the manual?

I know it's a ridiculously minor point (99% of us probably played it on emulator, if at all), but for completion's sake, I'd really like to see what terminology it used for Luffy's attacks, etc. Thin on dialog as it was, I found the game an interesting mix of stuff from the 4Kids dub and the manga (you wouldn't hear 4Kids Buggy going "Die flashily, loser!"), and I want to see how far it extends. I won't ask anyone to scan it or anything - just answer a few questions (if, indeed, the manual contains anything beyond basic controls and copyright junk).

(There's a guy on eBay hawking the manual for fifteen bucks, but I'd rather not go that route unless I have no other choice.)
    That's a really fascinating project. Don't have it myself, but I can only guess they would have used the attack names from the dub at the time like Gum-Gum Bullet instead of Pistol. Don't know for sure, so I also hope there's someone here who can shed some light on it!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I was youtubing this game just yesterday, what a coincidence.
    I read up that this game reused the sprites from one piece grand battle for wonderswan, so i found and ordered the wonderswan game for 10 bucks, even tho I dont even have a wonderswan (yet).
    This gba game however was expensive, 50 bucks, so i wont get it.

Fun fact, grand battle swan is the only fighting/action game where Mr 1 is playable.

I have the original cartridge but I got it pre-owned from gamestop which didn't include the box or manual. The wiki page on it has some information that might help.
    https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/One...e_Boy_Advance)

I bought the cartridge used a few years after it came out and loved it.
    It's not a forty dollar experience but I would've paid ten or fifteen dollars.

Both the sprites and music from are recycled the Wonderswan game. The gameplay is Dragon Ball Advance Adventure tweaked. Very unoriginal game but seemingly polished, though the pirate designs are very generic.

Here's a soundtrack comparison, mind your ears:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information