+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3262

Thread: Full Metal Alchemist Discussion

Default Re: Full Metal Alchemist Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Goddammit AS, why can't you comprehend putting widescreen material at 16x9 on your HD feed? You have no problem doing it for new Venture Bros. and Aqua Teen, and CN finally started doing it to their movies they air. It's so stupid to watch a show in letterbox on an HD channel...
    Channel 751 AS DID have FMA:B in Widescreen...

I watched it in HD Widescreen.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

That makes no sense... Is the Western feed different? Comcast only has East.

Just watched Episode 44. Was well done, but they left out the gag where Hohenheim gets disgusted when Al reaches into his loincloth to pull out the Eastern Alchemy Transmutation circle. Otherwise, I enjoyed it, especially how they did the static effect in Greed's mind when he began remembering his past life.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

anyone seen the ending this week? same song but new clips. seems like all the players are coming together

You know, this episode actually made me realize that I really detest the methods Roy used to recruit Ed. Here's how I see it:

"All right Ed, I know you've lost your arm and your leg, your brother has lost everything, aside from his soul, which has been transmuted into a suit of armor, you've committed the greatest alchemical sin known to man, and the sheer amount of guilt you must be feeling must be indescribable, AND you're 12 years old to boot...BUT I'm going to make you feel like a worthless lump of crap and guilt you into becoming a dog of military so that they can have one more meatbag to throw around (a meatbag that knows alchemy, even better) and I can improve my street cred within the military, all with the vague promise that you may get your bodies back, a feat that, to our knowledge, has never been accomplished by any human being, and is already in the general ballpark of human transumation, which is what screwed you over in the first place. Oh, and don't worry, you can trust me because I'm a GOOD GUY!"

"No Winry, we're not going to forcefully take Ed away from you, we're just going to do everything short of it."

you have to read deeper than that. he realized the trouble they'd gotten themselves into, and gave them a path to amend things. Can you imagine, if Roy never came and gave them that oppertunity. Ed would still be sitting there like a bump on a log, not doing anything. Roy seen that spark in Ed's eye and knew that Ed was a tough cookie, and could do it. That's what your supposed to do when you make a mistake. Get back up and keep going at life.

Sure, it's been a tough road, but Ed and Al are growing into great young men along their journey. They've seen so many things; made so many friends. They're still living life. It was Roy, who got Ed out of that chair and going again.

As for being forced into the military; Those 2 chose that path when they decided to play god. And despite being a dog of the military, there were a lot of benifits behind it too, that they otherwise would not have had.

Watched the 2nd episode on TV this time and I have to say the animation looks so much better then it was on comp...also, it felt a whole lot dramatic (which it is, esp that scene )

I went to a convention and talked to Wendy Powell (Envy) this weekend. She said right now they're recording her inside Gluttony's stomach, and in her last recording session they ended with her saying "Oh great, I'm stuck here with you two!" I also showed her the page from the manga where Envy transforms and had her read the dialog for me, but she asked I not upload that on youtube so out of respect for her I won't.

I don't know if there was debate or speculation on this or not, but she said "I already voiced my fight with Ling." So if any of you were wondering how funi was doing his name, there you go :P

Maybe she's a fan of the manga, or maybe they are using the character romanizations in the eyecatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    I don't know if there was debate or speculation on this or not, but she said "I already voiced my fight with Ling." So if any of you were wondering how funi was doing his name, there you go :P
    Well, that is the official spelling. His name has been spelled like that both in the manga and the eyecatchers in the anime. Which makes it kinda annoying that Viz (and Eclipse, occasionally) use "Lin". Especially seeing how I'm pretty sure "Lin" is a girl's name...

But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're sticking to the official spellings for everything here.

His name is actually romanized in the series. When he first arrives in Central, he gets arrested for being an illegal immigrant, and they put a band around his wrist that reads, "Ling Yao". So it's romanized in the Manga, too.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    What's the alternative? Instrumentalization inside the Philosopher stone? Random characters die repentinely? There's alot to solve untill the end..
    Oh look, my chrismass prediction!!! It has come true T_T

Question!: Im looking for translations on the extras of the volumes, the little comics that come in them and anyting else that may be there, I thougth that I posted all that here, but couldn't find it..

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Hey, I missed episode #2--Could someone tell me who played the narrator at the beginning? I'm curious, since they might also end up voicing Father.

Discovered Stowaway DarkShinobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Franky View Post
    Hey, I missed episode #2--Could someone tell me who played the narrator at the beginning? I'm curious, since they might also end up voicing Father.
    Kent Williams did the narrator.

Waiting for a Bat Zoan Rokushiki Master's Avatar

I'm still working on catching up to the latest episode of brotherhood. i stopped watching it for a long time i got to like episode 8 then took a break and now im going to continue.

But i have to ask, did anyone else get a laugh out of the first Opening when it shows Ed lose his arm and leg then Al loses his body then Winry gets pushed around by the wind? lol.

no.......... O.o

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShinobi
    Kent Williams did the narrator.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokushiki Master View Post
    But i have to ask, did anyone else get a laugh out of the first Opening when it shows Ed lose his arm and leg then Al loses his body then Winry gets pushed around by the wind? lol.
    ..............Not really. The only part I found funny was at the end when Envy pops out from the top corner with a rape-face smile. Creepy son of a bitch, that Envy is. :P
    Last edited by korobka; February 27th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokushiki Master View Post
    I did.

*Ed zapped*
    *Al zapped*
    *Winry...um.....yeah*
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Not really a laugh, but i used to think that was pretty weird.

I didn't. it's a reflection of what happens to the characters in the story. something happens to ed and all, and winry is left behind worried about them. The gusts of wind attacking her, are like a bad feeling, like something bad has just happened.

crap. this weeks raw has a big tsunami warning on the screen. :\
    Last edited by captain usopp; February 28th, 2010 at 07:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information