+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 411 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default The PlayStation Thread

Well Jango was talking about how we do have too many topics splurging up, and seeing how I made a discussion for Wii decided just to do this.

So instead of making new topics for every little thing and crowding the forum just post them here.

Default Re: Sony Hit & Misses

The PS3 is region free :) there so many japanese games i want to buy but PS3 cost to much money
    Last edited by HEATXZ; October 31st, 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Kamen Rider OOOs

there was a discussion about how the region free was usless, cause we can't get import games anymore, right? because some site was shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp
    there was a discussion about how the region free was usless, cause we can't get import games anymore, right? because some site was shut down?
    There's still Play-Asia and Yesasia

Kamen Rider OOOs

ah. I'm not up with the latest systems. I only know what I read on here. :)

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

HITS:

--Region Free (Turns out Lik-Sang did'nt really handle the case well, but thats another story, we still got PlayAsia)
    --Keeping the original controller design (IMO, that a comfortable controller is one thing that Sony totally owned over Microsoft and Nintendo)
    --Metal Gear Solid 4
    --Complete Backward compatibililty with PS1 and PS2 games
    --Theres gonna be some pretty damn awesome games coming out, and you know it!

MISSES:
    --Steep $600 price tag at the launch (mostly because of the Blu-Ray technology, although considering that most current Blu-Ray players cost up to $1000.....)
    --A lesser model which just isn't worth the $100 difference, Japan got the better deal
    --No rumble feature in the controller (I personally don't care, although I'm sure some people do...)
    --Really weird-ass (and some really bad) advertisments :P

NEUTRAL:
    --Ridge Racer! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEER!

ok, what was up with the rumble controller? i heard someone say something about copy right infringments? (not that i ever cared for that either)

Yeah. Some company sued Microsoft and Sony for "Copyright Infringement". While Microsoft settled it out of Court, It was Sony vs whoever it was and Sony lost.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

"Sony-YES IT IS REGION FREE, TOO BAD YOU'LL NEVER USE IT MWAHAHAHAHAH"

Seriously thats the general impression im getting from sony

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    Yeah. Some company sued Microsoft and Sony for "Copyright Infringement". While Microsoft settled it out of Court, It was Sony vs whoever it was and Sony lost.
    let me guess, is the mystery company ...."nintendo?"

Incorrect. I think it was some company in Texas or something like that.

Edit: Ah, here we go. The company's called "Immersion"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_vs._Sony_lawsuit
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Hits:
    The Games. Any system with the original Final Fantasy line is already win. However, Square Enix expressed they wanted to branch out, but that just may be spin offs, like FF Crystal Chronicles.

The graphics. PS3 will win this gens graphical genius this gen. However, XBox was last gens graphical winner, and it wasnt the lead system.

Misses:
    Trying to copy the Wii's controller. Sorry Sony, I dont want to buy because you saw how great the Wii was going to be, so you copied them.

Avalability. For some reason, I feel this system is going to be as rare as transexual cow. Unless you got lucky and preordered (100$ down, another fail.) I dont think you'll see one for months.

Overall, I think the PS3 will be the Gamecube of this gen. With lots of games that you could get on other systems (Lets see... GTA on 360, one of the key reasons for many to get a PS3, and SE possibly giving FF to Nintendo or Microsoft) I have no reason to buy a PS3. FFXIII is tempting, but FFXII will be my last Playstation Final Fantasy sadly.

My opinion, Wii>360>PS3 for this gen. Maybe PS4 can come up with something great (HELLO VIRTUAL REALITY?!) but I want innovation this gen, and the Wii gives it to me.

Quality > Innovation

Or maybe that's just me?

The PS3 delivers everything I want in a video game system. The price tag is a bit steep, but it's nothing a few months of saving can't cover.
    Last edited by Paulie; October 31st, 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Agreed. :P Just save your ass off from your birthday to christmas, that's what I do. so I'ma wait 6 months, by then ps3'll be like 400 bucks, so it wont be SO SO pricey. B)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Agreed. :P Just save your ass off from your birthday to christmas, that's what I do. so I'ma wait 6 months, by then ps3'll be like 400 bucks, so it wont be SO SO pricey. B)
    i dont know about you but im in college so saving for a video game system isnt feasible. Maybe the wii but not the ps3 anytime in the next year or two.
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

agreed

thats why I'm not buying more manga....GRRRRR

Famitsu reviewed the Japanese launch titles.

This surprised me:

Ridge Racer 7: 9,9,9,9
    Wow. Kinda makes you laugh at those annoying bastards who always poked fun at Kaz.

Wii will fizzle out. I saw the video of its controls, its interesting at first but after a while you will get tired of it. It looks like a hassle to me.

Ps3 looks like it is still going to have the better games again. And to me better games equals win in the war. The price will drop in a year or 2.

Wii will not fizzle. That simply won't happen. And I think the controller will have a great deal of support and do very well. But at the end of the day, I still don't want to be swinging things around. I'm satisfied letting my thumbs do the walking.

Well, I am baseing it from track record. The controller seems like a hassle to me after a while. Wires are everywhere, the graphics are the worst out of the 3 but thats not saying much since ps3 has great graphics and xbox holds its on 2.

I think it would be better if they had a regular control for certain games and that swining control for certain games at least give the consumer a choice to play certain games with a regular control. That video I saw on gamespot kind of turned me off on the Wii. That is just my beef with it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information