+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 428 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 8553

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    and Godfather 3 = Dragonball GT?
    There's a part of me that wants to rebut this but the Godfather Part 3 in a way did have the premise of basically being something of a callback to the first film in the same way that GT was a callback to the first DragonBall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    There's a part of me that wants to rebut this but the Godfather Part 3 in a way did have the premise of basically being something of a callback to the first film in the same way that GT was a callback to the first DragonBall.
    Well damn, I didn't know that! I was just thinking of how the first two Godfather movies were part of the canon and the third wasn't from what Robby said.

Robby is fan of throwing things into discontinuity.......but this is one of the rare times where I completely and wholeheartedly agree with him.

Third movie was not very good and largely unnecessary.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Robby is fan of throwing things into discontinuity.......but this is one of the rare times where I completely and wholeheartedly agree with him.
    There was no third season of Gargoyles and we're all better off accepting that.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There was no third season of Gargoyles and we're all better off accepting that.
    Sorry Robby I’m over here pretending that Iron Blooded Orphans didn’t have a shitty 2nd season that fucked up things just because.

Sorry Robby I’m over here pretending that Iron Blooded Orphans didn’t have a shitty 2nd season that fucked up things just because.
    Really? The second season was when I really started to get into that show. Gundam 00 on the other hand...

Oh yeah, and there is no third or fourth season of Dexter's Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    That's not a fair criticism. Everyone makes sequels, and this is the second in the franchise,
    That's not an excuse.

And TLOU1 was plainly and purely intended to be a standalone experience even with the ending that essentially just wanted to leave the audience with some ambiguity that nobody argued, debated or theorized for years to come. It was a fun little thing at the end that really didn't matter.

TLOU1 was first and foremost developed as a father-daughter story with all the cure for humanity, zombies, fireflies etc.... added in, in order for the story to have stakes and be dramatic. Go watch the director's commentary of the first game and look at exactly what the director and the writer is essentially focusing on and highlighting with their own commentary as well as the game itself. Even the ending scene with Joel killing the fireflies members wasn't supposed to be some thing that you were supposed to question when even the director himself basically agreed and was like "Joel is trying to save his daughter. He will kill any mofo that tries to hurt his daughter" or something like that.

The game itself was NEVER supposed to make you question those actions because it was super clear why he did it and the narrative never explored fireflies and their "plan" to really give it any weight. In fact, if you pay attention then Fireflies are portrayed to be really incompetent and their "cure" was never really an option.

and there is no milking here.
    There is a remake for TLOU1 in development.

There is a tv-show for TLOU being made.

There will be a TLOU3.

All for a franchise that was NEVER supposed to be anything other than a simple father-daughter story with zombies.

I'm sorry but that is the pure definition of taking something that doesn't have any real potential for stories and trying to milk it as far as they can. That's why the writers had to kill Joel because ultimately if they kept with the premise of the first game then there will be no room for sequels or anything like that.

TLOU2 would've been extremely great if it had kept up with part 1 and focused on the Joel and Ellie conflict that slowly would crumble their relationship and then rebuild again. The moments with Joel and Ellie in part 2 are the ONLY moments in the game with ANY level of writing that doesn't suck ass. Those moments were literally the only moments that had any level of writing, characterization, actual emotions, impactful scenes, dialogue etc... Which is ironic since ND also tried to kill the very thing that made the first game a success in order to shove in garbage one-note characters whose only job was to be killed to prove an irrelevant point. Aside from Abby because god knows that her replacing Joel didn't just outright kill any level of potential that the series might've had in the future.

Was it clear is that Joel killed lot of people in that hospital
    I mean Joel also killed lots of people outside of the hospital lol.

Godfather 2 was made (which it did not need to)
    Godfather 2 is a movie that expands upon the backstory of Vito and shows his rise to power while showing the fall of Michael. It adds to the first movie.

TLOU2 retcons the first game, drops the major plot-thread of first game, replaces the cast with bunch of one-notes that you are now supposed to care about, etc.... all in favor of delivering the most cliche revenge tale while conveying the most simple point.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Quite a few of MGSV's mechanics were simplified or changed for the worse from earlier games too to be fair.
    MGSV wasn't created to be like the previous games.

It was meant to innovate the game-design approach and evolve the series as far as it can go.

The result? It's currently the best third person action game with mechanical depth that still puts all the major titles to shame. And is the ultimate MGS experience.

I have very shits to give about MGS community or how MGS fans view the game because of their own nostalgia but the game is fundamentally miles above any other MGS game. It has the most gameplay options. It's the smoothest character movement with lots of mobility. It has the best min-to-min gameplay.

Anyone can play the games back to back and see for themselves. That is, if they aren't stuck in the past and simply want to replay the same thing as their favorite title.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

there is absolutely nothing wrong with unplanned sequels, especially when they're as different as TLOU2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Really? The second season was when I really started to get into that show. Gundam 00 on the other hand...
    Way too much stupid shit just for the purpose of essentially having a borderline bad ending because I guess someone felt that season 1 was a little to optimistic for the main cast/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with unplanned sequels, especially when they're as different as TLOU2.
    Whether it's right or wrong, the sequel is still going to be made for anything remotely successful.

The problem is that TLOU1 wasn't supposed to be expanded upon and it shows more than anything in TLOU2 when the game itself drops the major plot thread of part 1.

Random note: Yakuza: Like a Dragon has been the best game I've played in the past year, completely out of nowhere.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Random note: Yakuza: Like a Dragon has been the best game I've played in the past year, completely out of nowhere.
    Hell yeah it is.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

new God of War sequence trailer (named "Ragnarok") will end the Norse saga in the games

new Wolverine game in development

Spider Man 2 (with Miles and Venom) announced...but will only hit the stores in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    new God of War sequence trailer (named "Ragnarok") will end the Norse saga in the games

new Wolverine game in development

Spider Man 2 (with Miles and Venom) announced...but will only hit the stores in 2023
    Yeah...that's a stacked line up. I've seen all those trailers and they look impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    Ill be surprised if they squeeze the 2nd and 3rd act of the prophecy told at the end of the 1st game into this one. Also lol at the butthurt for stout Thor and Angrboda.

Were also getting a Knights Of The Old Republic remake (not from BioWare) which I hope comes correct. Since Ive really been wanting to try this game but cant get past the dates visuals.

that opening live-action chess nonsense gave me strong early-PS3-era vibes, which is...not great

not entirely sure i'm getting what sony's trying to do with the PS5 at the moment

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

There's something wrong with my PS4. It's making this weird sound and any gameplay when it happens like just freezes up. I don't know what to do to fix it.

Worse case scenario you may need to send it in to Sony to diagnose and attempt to fix the problem. Which will cost you if the system is out of warranty.

Even worse case scenario you may have to get a new system altogether.

Anyone else interested in this game?

Anyone playing that game Kena bridge of spirits? If so let me know how it is

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information