+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 428 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 8552

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

  1. #8421

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Peter's getting a new look for the Spider-Man remaster



    If nothing else his hair (and his brows) look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  2. #8422

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Don't love it. Not throw-a-fit-and-threaten-insomniac levels of don't-love-it that I see online, but liked the older feeling of Pete in the game. Still preordered, tho, and I'll love the hell out of playing the game again.

    Unrelated, but not sure where I'm coming down on Genshin Impact. It's soooooo generic to play but also soooooo pretty at times. I miss old sweeping RPG vistas.

  3. #8423
    Chocolate or raisins? Coookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Reviews for Crash Bandicoot 4 are out and they are quite favorable (Metacritic is sitting on 85). Major criticisms are the fixed camera, loose controls/physics and outdated/frustrating gameplay. If we didn't get the double jump and outlined drop shadow I'd agree with the latter two but those additions mitigate the wonkyness for me. What I would criticise more is the button mapping, I mixed them up a lot during the demo, especially in Cortex's level. I feel like they should have moved something to the left hand, not have the right side to handle all special moves except for moving.

  4. #8424

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Unrelated, but not sure where I'm coming down on Genshin Impact. It's soooooo generic to play but also soooooo pretty at times. I miss old sweeping RPG vistas.
    I've put a tiny bit of time into so far.

    I look at the things that are there to level and collect and the size of the map and its obvious the game could be a long term time sink... but so far I'm not feeling it. But I'm also not very far in yet at all. Definitely pretty though.

    Ghost of tsushima finally went on sale though and I was waiting for that and that's almost certainly going to take priority.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  5. #8425
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Don't love it. Not throw-a-fit-and-threaten-insomniac levels of don't-love-it that I see online, but liked the older feeling of Pete in the game. Still preordered, tho, and I'll love the hell out of playing the game again.

    Unrelated, but not sure where I'm coming down on Genshin Impact. It's soooooo generic to play but also soooooo pretty at times. I miss old sweeping RPG vistas.
    It reminds me of when Sucker Punch tried to change Cole McGrath's design for Infamous 2. I mean, I'm not mad, but it's a weird thing to do to such a beloved game, especially when that version of Peter Parker has gotten so much love.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  6. #8426

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Infamous was funny though since Cole’s original design was bland and weird whereas the redesign made him look less bland and weird but people complained and we got more of bland and weird looking Cole. I mean he did look somewhat better but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #8427

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Infamous was funny though since Cole’s original design was bland and weird whereas the redesign made him look less bland and weird but people complained and we got more of bland and weird looking Cole. I mean he did look somewhat better but still.
    i struggle to even recall the inFamous crap because both iterations were so generic (and Second Son was worse). What was funny is that they seemed to be trying to make him edgier in the second one and he was...actually more likable? Still find it weird that a studio who made some of the most charming stories in the Sly Cooper series struggled so much to make a functioning narrative and protagonist in their next series. Tsushima fares somewhat better, but even it is a mixed bag in terms of delivery.

    ALSO, done with Genshin. Game puts up too many roadblocks to enjoying yourself, not to mention the gameplay somehow manages to be both too simplistic and too complicated. I really wish the Tales series would have taken this as a visual queue, though, it's got an aesthetic charm that just isn't present in many modern JRPGs.

  8. #8428
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Infamous was funny though since Cole’s original design was bland and weird whereas the redesign made him look less bland and weird but people complained and we got more of bland and weird looking Cole. I mean he did look somewhat better but still.
    I gotta disagree. Original Cole (and Infamous 1) was just ok, but the initial redesign for InFamous 2 was basically is Nathan Drake decided to be a delivery boy. It wasn't the worst redesign ever, but the fans liked Cole and the game was beloved so it was weird. It's not like they put a new head of hair on Knack.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  9. #8429

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I gotta disagree. Original Cole (and Infamous 1) was just ok, but the initial redesign for InFamous 2 was basically is Nathan Drake decided to be a delivery boy. It wasn't the worst redesign ever, but the fans liked Cole and the game was beloved so it was weird. It's not like they put a new head of hair on Knack.
    Whose Knack ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #8430

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread


  11. #8431

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Been playing Crash 4, and it's everything I could ever want. Feels excellent, the rewards are fun to obtain, the cut-scenes and levels look sharp and alive, and the level of challenge is perfect from the beginning of the game.

    Looking forward to playing more of it in the coming days. They knocked it out of the park, so far it's easily my favorite non-indie game this year and I'm still in early levels.

  12. #8432

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    ALSO, done with Genshin. Game puts up too many roadblocks to enjoying yourself, not to mention the gameplay somehow manages to be both too simplistic and too complicated. I really wish the Tales series would have taken this as a visual queue, though, it's got an aesthetic charm that just isn't present in many modern JRPGs.
    How far did you get before stopping? I've clocked a couple hours now and done the veeery basic starter dungeons that are only there to showcase element interaction rather than be any challenge, and now have a handful of characters to choose from. I see *potential* in the whole thing, like the mixing and matching of elements seems fun and the world and stuff to do is clearly plentiful... and I'm even okay with the gacha system since it as some safeguards and I'm okay with RNG up to point, especially in a free game.

    But despite seeing the potential in the magic combos I'm not exactly excited by any of it yet either. It could turn into a hundreds of hours game if the depth increases some more, or I might be better cutting my losses now and I'm just not sure yet if I should give it another few hours or if 3ish is enough. Reviews I've looked at all say it starts working a lot better once you have a team and a variety of enemies, but the roadblocks and busywork to keep you from progressing too much too fast, I dunno....
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  13. #8433

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    How far did you get before stopping? I've clocked a couple hours now and done the veeery basic starter dungeons that are only there to showcase element interaction rather than be any challenge, and now have a handful of characters to choose from. I see *potential* in the whole thing, like the mixing and matching of elements seems fun and the world and stuff to do is clearly plentiful... and I'm even okay with the gacha system since it as some safeguards and I'm okay with RNG up to point, especially in a free game..
    eh, I may have spoken prematurely, brother has convinced me to give it another shot. Also a few reviews say it gets better after the prologue.

    i'm somewhat enjoying it more by taking it very slow and just exploring instead of getting too funneled into the myriad systems the game wants to thrust at me immediately after starting. There have been a few quests outside the dungeon/kill enemies norm, so that helps. But gameplay still feels extremely shallow, and I don't see how that's going to change (and I have at least one character of every element at this point). Basically the production value of a high-level JRPG married to the depth of a mobile game (which, tbf, it was designed to be). It's very good for what it is, but I've never been able to hold my interest in this genre.

  14. #8434

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Huh, I impulse tried Genshin myself last night and I ended up with different feelings (although I played very briefly). Hoping the combat never gets too complicated so I can just spam my way through with whatever characters I end up liking the most. I'd like to just continue with it enjoying the story and the world of this game with barely any effort from me on the combat portions.

  15. #8435

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    I'm at Adventure Rank 25 in Genshin Impact now, still doing the main story and exploring the world. I read that some people had problems gaining XP for the Adventure Rank requirements at level 23-27 and had to grind for it but i guess since i'm exploring most of the time anyway i had no problems in that regard. I guess after the story is done the real grind for materials and endgame gear begins but if you're just interested in the story and/or gameplay you can just stop and wait for the next update.
    The design and especially the music of the south-western area are really great by the way. I stopped more than once to look at the beautiful environments.

    The thing is ... at this point i have no problem spending some money on the game. But i really don't like gambling for characters especially since the prices are insane. It's like 20 bucks for a 10-pull which guarantees a 4 star weapon or character.
    And then we have the 5 star weapons and characters which have a rate of 0,6 percent per pull. Yes you're guaranteed to get one after 90 pulls but ... that's still a lot. And if you want to fully upgrade the passives of a specific character you have to get the same one seven freaking times. Nah, i'll stay free to play.
    Also i got a bunch of cool characters including the 5-star i wanted to have the most so i'm good.

  16. #8436

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Backwards compatibility looking solid for PS5, though from what I can tell somewhat less robust than for XBOX Series...what the hell is it called again?

    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10...ions-answered/

    I've been holding off re-playing a few games like Horizon and GoW, so glad I did. Not sure there'll be a big difference, but hey.

    That said, I usually care a lot about backwards compatibility for a new console then use it a handful of times after the first month or two.

  17. #8437

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    The thing is ... at this point i have no problem spending some money on the game. But i really don't like gambling for characters especially since the prices are insane. It's like 20 bucks for a 10-pull which guarantees a 4 star weapon or character.
    And then we have the 5 star weapons and characters which have a rate of 0,6 percent per pull. Yes you're guaranteed to get one after 90 pulls but ... that's still a lot. And if you want to fully upgrade the passives of a specific character you have to get the same one seven freaking times. Nah, i'll stay free to play.
    Also i got a bunch of cool characters including the 5-star i wanted to have the most so i'm good.
    Kinda of the same boat. I'd maybe be willing to throw some money at it if I knew what I was getting, (10$ guarantees you get this character and their full ability set! or "50$ means you buy the full game and can now unlock every character in their base mode at least by doing their story": ) but basically just getting a slot machine makes it a hard no for me. Already the slot machine mechanic managed to give me THREE copies of the raven girl, so I feel basically obligated to use her as my only character that has anything unlocked, but I don't actually care for her much?

    I think I'm done with it. I assembled a group of elemental characters I liked that can handle most situations but then found that instead of opening up the game and making it *more* engaging, it actually limits me and has me just doing the same combos over and over. The fights aren't at all interesting or challenged unless I'm fighting something 15 levels ahead of me. The story and characters just haven't done much to pull me in.

    It's pretty, it has potential, and if I had more freetime I could see getting lost in it, but maybe its time to move onto a different game. I have a huge backlog of other things to do after all that hopefully grab me more.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  18. #8438

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Oh man! I didn't know there was this much Crash Bandicoot hate

  19. #8439

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Probably going to wait a year or so to get the PS5 like i did for the PS4. It came out in 2013 but i got it in late 2014.

  20. #8440
    Chocolate or raisins? Coookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Oh man! I didn't know there was this much Crash Bandicoot hate
    They raise absolutely fair points though. I always try to collect all crates during my first playthrough of a level and I forgot how many times only a few crates were missing even though I painstakingly scoured every corner, jumping into all endless voids in cornes in case they hid more crates there. This adds a lot of playtime to a level that is only being made worse by dying over and over again, either because distances are hard to measure due to the fixed camera, or because missing only one crate in auto-run sections means starting over. One level was particularly bad in that regard, where you run down a mountaintop on an ice bear, only that your trajectory in relation to your input changes because the fixed camera changes its angle, causing you to miss crates yet again. Or because your hitbox is so narrow that you have to be in the exact center of 2x2-crate stacks to crash them all. But wait, the camera just moved so you screwed up again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts