+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 420 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8381

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

Are the Crash Bandicoot games after warped really that bad? I’m legit asking I’ve never actually played one

So it seems in the new Crash Bandicoot games we know what at least two of the four new masks do

One allows you to alter gravity, the other slows down time, both great ideas for platform gaming

and I'll ask again, are the other games that came after Crash 3: Warped, really that bad?

EDIT: This could give him enough variety to get in Smash.... I don't think it will happen especially since he's always been on playstation, but there's a chance, I mean I think the same thing was true about Solid Snake right?
    Last edited by Shiebs; June 28th, 2020 at 08:15 PM.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So it seems in the new Crash Bandicoot games we know what at least two of the four new masks do

One allows you to alter gravity, the other slows down time, both great ideas for platform gaming

and I'll ask again, are the other games that came after Crash 3: Warped, really that bad?

EDIT: This could give him enough variety to get in Smash.... I don't think it will happen especially since he's always been on playstation, but there's a chance, I mean I think the same thing was true about Solid Snake right?
    Eh......yes, and no. The Wrath of Cortex wasn't anywhere near as bad as the "4th game made by a different developer" as it's peer, Spyro 4: Enter the Dragonfly was, but it had horrible loading times, and Crunch being the only boss wasn't endearing to the fans who like a variety for the villains.

Twinsanity, was something different, and it had it's fun moments, but it was more miss then hit.

And the games made by Radical just plain sucked shit.

On which side? Cmon dont be coy andre!
    Last edited by Captain Krupp; June 28th, 2020 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Eh......yes, and no. The Wrath of Cortex wasn't anywhere near as bad as the "4th game made by a different developer" as it's peer, Spyro 4: Enter the Dragonfly was, but it had horrible loading times, and Crunch being the only boss wasn't endearing to the fans who like a variety for the villains.

Twinsanity, was something different, and it had it's fun moments, but it was more miss then hit.

And the games made by Radical just plain sucked shit.
    Okay, thank you for answering!

Well it's good to see Crash is back on the right track (or at least it looks that way)

Iíd like to think at least Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity which I havenít played the full versions are decent games comparable to Sonic Unleashed and Colors donít know about other games so remember not liking the Spyro-Crash GBA games.

Which would be interesting considering Snake was a thing before the Playstation and by the time he showed up in Brawl the MGS games were on multiple platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Okay, thank you for answering!

Well it's good to see Crash is back on the right track (or at least it looks that way)
    I hope VV/Toys For Bob also produce a sequel to Spyro, as well. Until the remake of the original three, he's had a hard time of it as well.

Those darn Skylanders turned on him like he was
    Julius Caesar
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

PS2 is in a weird position where I recall the likes of Spongebob, Simpsons Road Rage and Wrath of Cortex were considered 'bad' but now so many people have nostalgia for these games they're looked back as 'good' games
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Wrath of Cortex is pretty decent; it doesn't rock the boat too hard in terms of innovation (only 1 new ability for crash, and you relearn all the ones from 3), but in terms of classic Crash level design, its mostly fine. And it quite often mixes things up within a level so you'll have a bit of diving or a bit of driving, then a bit of classic level and so on. Crash 2 and 3 did this a bit but WoC does it alot, and it makes individual levels feel very distinct.

Its biggest problems are load times, and some of the alternate gameplay modes not being that fun (atlas sphere UGH). And while the graphics are decent, it lacks a lot of the charm of the Naughty Dog era - the death animations in particular are a huge letdown. Music is pretty kickass though.

Besides that I've only played Crash Bash and the GBA games; I found the former a decently fun party game, the latter decent platformers in terms of replicating Crash in a strictly 2D setting, though nowhere near as memorable or fun as the 3d ones.

Actshhhually, though he's definetely associated with the playstation, Crash has had more games for nintendo platforms - even exclusive games- than Sony ones. With the remasters, the only Crash game you can't play on a nintendo console is Crash Bash.

Crash Bash was fun (especially with friends) but I disliked the way it locked almost half of the minigames from the player at the start, and hated how even if you did beat the campaign (which is how you unlocked them), you still had a quarter left to unlock, which for a party game is not ideal given how bull some of those crystal requirements were.

Wrath of Cortex was fine, but it never really captured what made Wrapped (the only classic one I've played) so much fun to play for a linear 3D platformer, but I don't remember either well enough to do a deep dive.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    PS2 is in a weird position where I recall the likes of Spongebob, Simpsons Road Rage and Wrath of Cortex were considered 'bad' but now so many people have nostalgia for these games they're looked back as 'good' games
    Any game that sells well is going to have plenty of people looking back on it with fondness espeicaly if they're connected to a larger franchise, though bad isn't a term I would use describe Road Rage or Wrath of Cortex (don't know about Battle for Bikini Bottom). The Road Rage in particular actually does do a good of capturing that anarchic feeling of its source thanks to using voice clips from the show and having the voice actors add some new lines even if the game play was just a Crazy Taxi clone. I'd never want to play it again, but I get why I liked it.

I moved a mass of LoU2 posts to the Lou2 thread (since it turns out we actually had one of those) because posts were getting long and spoilery and it was getting REALLY awkward to have that mixed in with Crash Bandicoot talk..

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=44703
    Last edited by Robby; June 29th, 2020 at 07:51 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/kingdom...koning/5023750
    THQ remastered the game? I never knew this was even happening...
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

News about this broke weeks ago but it’s understandable if you missed it considering what other stories have been making the rounds. That and the fact the original game wasn’t exactly a barn burner.

Welp, Crash Bandicoot 4 is getting microtransactions.

Fucking Activision.
    NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

I'm fine as long as its stuff that I will never use.
    Don't lock it behind extra lives or victory poses or whatnot.
    Aesthetics is fine.
    What they did with CTR was scummy tho but eh at my age aesthetics kind of mean smut to me and I don't even go online anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I’d like to think at least Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity which I haven’t played the full versions are decent games comparable to Sonic Unleashed and Colors don’t know about other games so remember not liking the Spyro-Crash GBA games.

Which would be interesting considering Snake was a thing before the Playstation and by the time he showed up in Brawl the MGS games were on multiple platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I hope VV/Toys For Bob also produce a sequel to Spyro, as well. Until the remake of the original three, he's had a hard time of it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Wrath of Cortex is pretty decent; it doesn't rock the boat too hard in terms of innovation (only 1 new ability for crash, and you relearn all the ones from 3), but in terms of classic Crash level design, its mostly fine. And it quite often mixes things up within a level so you'll have a bit of diving or a bit of driving, then a bit of classic level and so on. Crash 2 and 3 did this a bit but WoC does it alot, and it makes individual levels feel very distinct.

Its biggest problems are load times, and some of the alternate gameplay modes not being that fun (atlas sphere UGH). And while the graphics are decent, it lacks a lot of the charm of the Naughty Dog era - the death animations in particular are a huge letdown. Music is pretty kickass though.

Besides that I've only played Crash Bash and the GBA games; I found the former a decently fun party game, the latter decent platformers in terms of replicating Crash in a strictly 2D setting, though nowhere near as memorable or fun as the 3d ones.

Actshhhually, though he's definetely associated with the playstation, Crash has had more games for nintendo platforms - even exclusive games- than Sony ones. With the remasters, the only Crash game you can't play on a nintendo console is Crash Bash.
    Thanks for the responses guys

I would totally love if Crash became a smash bros character, the fact that it's a possibility and that his flame has been relight with the remasters and the new game, make me hopeful that Nintendo will at least consider it

also what do you guys think of the Tokyo Ghost Wire and DeathLoop games? They both look pretty cool to me

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaAyanami View Post
    Welp, Crash Bandicoot 4 is getting microtransactions.

Fucking Activision.

https://twitter.com/ToysForBob/status/1278034702121660420

Hmmmm might explain why the video doesn't work

I appreciated how good the Horizon 2 trailer looked, but I didn't really appreciate HOW good. I also didn't appreciate that as amazing as the original looked, in a side by side comparison its slightly dated. Crazy.

I *remember* the first game looking as good as the new trailer, but looking at the actual footage... not quite as much. Granted it IS all pre-rendered cinematic footage in the trailer so probably won't actually look quite that good in-game, but still.
    Last edited by Robby; July 1st, 2020 at 11:50 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information