+ Reply to Thread
Page 415 of 419 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 413 414 415 416 417 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 8380

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

Playstation 5 officially announced at the Game Awards.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

PS5 stuff in 25 mins for those interested
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; March 18th, 2020 at 09:59 AM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Was hoping for backwards compatibility up to 3 :(

3 had really weird tech, it was always going to be rough to to push forward. They basically had to build a PS3 into the PS4, which is why it was so expensive initially and why they took it out imediatley.

But 1 and 2 are old enough basically anything can ruin them,most of the good games were already coverted from 3, and it looks like they're trying to forward proof it from here. So...

You may not be able to just plop in the disks and play, and the entire ginormous PS2 library isn't available, but most things will be playable.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    3 had really weird tech, it was always going to be rough to to push forward. They basically had to build a PS3 into the PS4, which is why it was so expensive initially and why they took it out imediatley.

But 1 and 2 are old enough basically anything can ruin them,most of the good games were already coverted from 3, and it looks like they're trying to forward proof it from here. So...

You may not be able to just plop in the disks and play, and the entire ginormous PS2 library isn't available, but most things will be playable.
    Was it not the 2 into 3 that they did? I got my PS4 on launch and I don't recall it being able to play PS3 games.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

PS4 was my first console, I can play any games from the PS1 and PS2 era easily enough via emulation but not so for the PS3. And there are a bunch of PS3 games I really wanna play like Demon's Souls, MGS4 or God of War:Ascension.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Was it not the 2 into 3 that they did? I got my PS4 on launch and I don't recall it being able to play PS3 games.
    You can play some on the PS now service but that comes with a bunch of lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Oh yeah, you're right.

I must be getting old. Remembering the console release from 14 years ago as if it were the release from 7 years ago.

Regardless, 3 DID have weird tech which is why it wasn't folded into the 4.

Really weird hardware is also one of the reasons nothing from the Sega Saturn has made it to modern day, even 26 years later, aside from the couple games remade from scratch like Nights and Panzer Dragoon,
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Wasn’t that supposedly cause Sega lost the means to replicate that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I think the Saturn had like 2 CPUs and its graphics base was rectangles instead of triangles.

I call that madness. A square is two triangles.

Then again is all betamax vs vhs again, but it doesn't make sense, it looks like an experiment but makes zero sense as triangles was already industry standar back then, and I can't fathom any advantages to squares. I think that you'd lose some detail on models, and gain some minuscle texture improvements in the human side of workflow for certain kinds of tilings, but that doesn't seem like a reasonable reason to break with industry standars.

I remember that emulating marvel vs capcom 2 was particulary complicated, and everyone recomended the arcade version instead of the saturn one.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post

I remember that emulating marvel vs capcom 2 was particulary complicated, and everyone recomended the arcade version instead of the saturn one.
    I didn't know MvC2 was on the Saturn. I was also under the impression that most Capcom games released on the Saturn and Dreamcast were as close to their arcade originals than other systems at the time.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Wasn’t that supposedly cause Sega lost the means to replicate that?
    Partly insane hardware, partly sega was awful about keeping their source code on anything.

For the most part the library being unproduced isn't a huge loss, mmost games were multi=platform, but there were definitely a few that its a shame to lose. Panzer Dragoon saga, Dragon Force, Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, Virtua On...

There should be a cord that lets you directly connect it to a PS3 and lets you manage and copy files from there.

No idea how compatible it is with PS4.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

That Ghost of Tsushima game looks pretty nifty.

It looks pretty ok so far.

Combat looks very Assassin's Creed-like and doesn't really seem to have much depth besides capturing the dullness of samurai in gameplay.

I was getting a bit disapointed with that, but then they showed that black and white movie mode and that shit looked pretty cool.
    So I'm keeping my eyes on it for a while longer..

Sony pushed back the PS5 reveal.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

The PS5 is a myth parents tell to make their children behave.

If they don't eat their vegetables, Mark Cerny will crawl through their window at night and force them to play Marble Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    The PS5 is a myth parents tell to make their children behave.

If they don't eat their vegetables, Mark Cerny will crawl through their window at night and force them to play Marble Madness.
    Let’s graphic then scary tells parents would tell their kids surrounding Shin Megami Tensei 5..... of course I jumped on the meme wagon.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

PS5 reveal stream in five minutes, may god have mercy on our souls.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information