+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 413 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 411 412 413
Results 8,241 to 8,245 of 8245

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

Given the intervals of previous console releases is certainly makes sense to release a new console this year/next year. I'm indifferent to it. It just hasn't felt that long to me. And I guess a lot of that has to do with the amount of games that have been released. During the PS3 era, Naughty Dog released 3 Uncharted games and a Last of Us. We've only gotten one game from them thus far (+ Lost Legacy).

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

OK, I need some help.

My PS4 controller is fried. As in, the battery is gone and it can no longer charge at all. As it stands, it can stay active for like 2 seconds. So, I got a new controller. The problem is, I don't know how to sync it to my PS4 and having the other controller die every 2 seconds when setting it up isn't helping. Advice, please?

Plug it in to the PS4 with a USB cord, power the PS4 up manually, once it's booted, hit the connect button and wait for it to pair. Should be fine after that.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Plug it in to the PS4 with a USB cord, power the PS4 up manually, once it's booted, hit the connect button and wait for it to pair. Should be fine after that.
    An update:

When I turn on the PS4, it says there are too many USB devices attached to it. I have heard that there's a function in safe mode that can fix it, but since the controller has NO power, I can't activate the controller to access safe mode once it boots up.

I mean, the controller, both the old and new, do not charge up in anything electronical, once plugged in, and this is fucking frustrating!

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    The processor is VASTLY superior in the Pro. It's not even close. In addition to plenty of other things if we want to get technical, like a separate extra GB of dedicated video memory. And even if you don't have a 4K TV, it often runs games better and at a higher and more stable frame rate. If you can fix your PS4 that's one thing, but if you have to get a new one anyway it'd be a bit silly not to get the latest model at this point.

It's a little like the New 3DS... I never bought one because I have a perfectly good 3DS XL, but boy do some games just chug on it sometimes, whereas they perform significantly better on the upgraded hardware (Pokémon Sun/Moon especially come to mind). Oh and the PS5's existence, announcement and release date are all 100% rumors at this point and deciding based on that is even dumber. Backwards compatibility is highly unlikely but hey who knows. Maybe it'll also have a built-in toaster.
    Fortunately it was able to be fixed (a lot more easily than I would have thought, and cheaper too) but that is good information to have. Usually when I type such questions into google, every source I look into doesn't have the same information as any of the others, so I like to get as complete of a picture as possible when it comes to technical aspects.

And it's funny you mention the New 3DS; I only got one because I dropped and ruined my normal 3DS, since the New ones were having a really good Black Friday deal. But what's nice about it is that unlike the normal 3DS, it can download the few SNES titles that are available on the Virtual Console. Though all of them are available on the Wii U as far as I know, maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

If my PS4 craps out again, though, and the PS5 is a long way off, I'll definitely invest in a Pro. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information