+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 411 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 8219

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

  1. #8141

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    So, one of the free PS+ games this month was Trials Fusion, a motorbike stunt game that I actually had some interest in. I like Uniracers and Tony Hawk and Nights and other such stunt performance games, so it could be right up my alley.

    EVERYTHING is locked behind DLC. Career mode, player levels, multiplayer... maybe if I'd hunted some more I'd find something playable within the submenus, but every one of the first, most prominent and obvious options was DLC and I was so put ff by that I had no desire to go any further.

    What's even the point of making it a promoted PS+ game if no one that gets it will even be able to play it? (and this is a game that regularly discounts to almost nothing anyway.) If I'd liked it I probably would have bought the DLC eventually, like Rocket League. But making it an upfront thing when in theory I now have purchased the game? (via my PS subscription) That's complete bull and a letdown.

    Easy delete there.

  2. #8142

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, one of the free PS+ games this month was Trials Fusion, a motorbike stunt game that I actually had some interest in. I like Uniracers and Tony Hawk and Nights and other such stunt performance games, so it could be right up my alley.

    EVERYTHING is locked behind DLC. Career mode, player levels, multiplayer... maybe if I'd hunted some more I'd find something playable within the submenus, but every one of the first, most prominent and obvious options was DLC and I was so put ff by that I had no desire to go any further.

    What's even the point of making it a promoted PS+ game if no one that gets it will even be able to play it? (and this is a game that regularly discounts to almost nothing anyway.) If I'd liked it I probably would have bought the DLC eventually, like Rocket League. But making it an upfront thing when in theory I now have purchased the game? (via my PS subscription) That's complete bull and a letdown.

    Easy delete there.
    That's...not right? Like, the original game had roughly a hundred maps and a half dozen bikes? You literally can't play anything until you pass some basic objectives, but...think you missed something there. And it's a shame, because it's a really good game.

    There is a lot of DLC gated at the end, but it's pretty clearly at the end.

  3. #8143

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Turns out, if you even lightly tap the left analog when you go into career mode, that puts you into the DLC.
    And if you go into the player created tracks and pick anythin near the top that is current and popular, that is inevitably DLC.

    But if you don't hit the left analog you can play the practice stages. And if you scroll way the hell down through player created tracks you can get to non DLC.

    So, the game is there, just hindered by terrible UI choices.
    Last edited by Robby; June 13th, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

  4. #8144

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread



    Man this game looks gorgeous.

  5. #8145
    MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464



  6. #8146

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    If that's a jab I hate to see what a poke looks like.....and kind of funny given the bruhaha over the first world problem of people not being able to cross play Fornite on the PS4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #8147
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Is the Playstation Shop not loading for anyone else?

  8. #8148

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Is the Playstation Shop not loading for anyone else?
    Network went out while I was playing The Division not too long ago so we might be looking at another outage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #8149
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Network went out while I was playing The Division not too long ago so we might be looking at another outage.
    I've been trying to get since friday to the Shop, but it never loads. Not even after an hour of waiting.

  10. #8150

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    I know the shop was working for me on friday and into Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  11. #8151
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I know the shop was working for me on friday and into Sunday.
    Still loading. I even reset and tested my internet connection, and it says it's works, but I dunno what the issue is.

  12. #8152

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    If everything else you use has internet access via whatever wifi setup you have it would likely have to be the PlayStation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  13. #8153
    Father of the Man Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Been posting my progress on playing through the Uncharted series in the What Are You Playing? thread, but I decided to move it here.

    Anyway, just finished Uncharted 2 last night. Not a drastic improvement over the first one (since the first one was already pretty darn good) but still an improvement. The game is longer, the locales are more diverse, the combat is more balanced, and the story in particular is stronger. A lot more drama and tension and the villain makes a lot more sense this time around (well, relatively speaking). This time we get a Russian warlord as opposed to some random British guy who somehow has a small army of Hispanics ready to die for him by the dozens. And just as with the first game, there are a bunch of treasures to collect (100 this time) and maybe it's just me, but they seem a lot harder to find this time around. Like, I was pretty actively looking for them, but I only found 43 of them after my initial run. And that's one thing that does get kinda tedious is exploring the expansive maps for the one place the developers thought to hide the treasure, but still coming up empty. Hence why I have no real qualms with looking at a guide to find the rest of them. And while the combat is more balanced, it can still get tedious and overwhelming, especially in the second half, even on easy mode.

    So yeah, I still have some issues with the series that perhaps later games will improve upon, but the games are still a lot of fun. And while I'm not sure I share the opinion, I can see why some people would call Uncharted 2 the best game of 2009 (I think I got more satisfaction out of Arkham Asylum, personally). All I need to do now is go back and collect all the treasures, but after that I think I need a little break from the Uncharted series. So in maybe another month or two I'll move on to Uncharted 3.

  14. #8154

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Surprised no one has been discussing it as far as I can tell, but picked up Spiderman over the weekend and it is really, really good. It's got its issues--a little of the open-world bloat, some story-pacing issues--but it nails the feel of Spiderman and actually has one of the best versions of Peter Parker I've seen. It's very impressive for what is likely going to be the first in a rebooted series.

    Just hope it doesn't push Ratchet and Clank back off the docket.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So yeah, I still have some issues with the series that perhaps later games will improve upon, but the games are still a lot of fun. And while I'm not sure I share the opinion, I can see why some people would call Uncharted 2 the best game of 2009 (I think I got more satisfaction out of Arkham Asylum, personally). All I need to do now is go back and collect all the treasures, but after that I think I need a little break from the Uncharted series. So in maybe another month or two I'll move on to Uncharted 3.
    Just now saw this. U2 is still perhaps my all-time favorite game, though some of that has more to do with just how far ahead of the curve it was when it came out.

    Start U3 yet? U3, in contrast, I've grown to dislike more with each time I play through the series, and I never liked it all that much in the first place. But U4 and Lost Legacy really brought the quality back up.

  15. #8155
    Father of the Man Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Just now saw this. U2 is still perhaps my all-time favorite game, though some of that has more to do with just how far ahead of the curve it was when it came out.

    Start U3 yet? U3, in contrast, I've grown to dislike more with each time I play through the series, and I never liked it all that much in the first place. But U4 and Lost Legacy really brought the quality back up.
    Nah. Taking a little break from Uncharted now and playing Kingdom Hearts 2.8. But I'll probably play U3 once I'm done with that.

  16. #8156

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Taking a little break from Uncharted now and playing Kingdom Hearts 2.8.
    Quite the gameplay/pacing whiplash, there.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

  17. #8157

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Aaaaaand done with Spiderman. Overall very positive experience that I'll look back on fondly. Some minor changes to the story formula that are welcome, though I'm not huge on MJ in this game. Last act is a bit worse than the others both in narrative and in gameplay, but still good with some pretty dramatic/epic moments.

    Strange in some ways that PS4 has become the last bastion for compelling single-player narrative games, but in other ways, makes sense.

  18. #8158

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Well Spider-Man is done aside from some iffy bits in the writing and combat overall it's the best Spider-Man game I've played since Web Of Shadows (and also the best open world Spider-Man game since Ultimate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  19. #8159
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    I would go as far as saying Spider-Man PS4 is my favorite superhero game of all time. Yes, even above the Arkham games. Mainly because the combat and movement in Spider-Man is actually fun and intuitive for me, and I care about several characters that aren't named The Joker.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  20. #8160

    Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I would go as far as saying Spider-Man PS4 is my favorite superhero game of all time. Yes, even above the Arkham games. Mainly because the combat and movement in Spider-Man is actually fun and intuitive for me, and I care about several characters that aren't named The Joker.
    Yeah, getting around the city feels so much better than it does in the Arkham games. I didn't even use fast-travel much by the end of the game.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts