+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Usopp is a Mugiwara! Forever!

Default Usopp is a mugiwara! Forever!!

I am getting fed up with people hijacking my discussion thread about Oda drawing himself into a corner, so I made another thread for those who wants to argue about Usopp's fighting capabilities. Damn you all who hijacked my thread discussion!

anyway, get this straight....

WITHOUT Usopp....

Robin would have long been taken on board the ship and left Enies Lobby towards Marine Headquaters!

WITHOUT Usopp....

Franky would have NOT reach the bridge in time........

WITHOUT Usopp....

No one would have delayed Spandam and the Marines from taking Robin on board the ship! (I have to mention this twice)!!!

WITHOUT Usopp....

No one would have Burned down the World Goverment flag. Because burning down the World Goverment flag makes Robin realized that she HAS Nakama that cares for her! This is freaking hell the turning point in their way to get Robin back on both fronts. Pyhsically and mentally or whatever-lly.

WITHOUT Usopp....

There wouldn't be 2 giants helping fight their way and block the marines from getting into the Tower of Justice.

I would say what Usopp does are KEY POINTS in their WAY to get back Robin. Usopp might be a freaking coward and a freaking loser (like some people here like to say about him), but what he does IMPACT the flow of EVENTS that LEAD to Robin been SAVED.

Yes, I admit that Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami and Chopper all did their part by beating a CP9 or two. Usopp on their other hand was beaten up. But HE did his part as a sniper......... and that's more than enough....

I repeat again....without Usopp, no one would have been able to delay Spanda and the marines from taking Robin onto the ship.......PERIOD.
    Last edited by kljs; October 10th, 2006 at 08:24 AM.
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Default Re: Usopp is a mugiwara! Forever!

Several topics here are already Usopp topics, but okay. Maybe this will contain it.

"The point stands, without Usopp the crew would be dead. Sure, other people have saved their lives, but that's nothing to ignore. Plus, he's done it a few times.

Without the giants help, the SHs would be fighting marines for well...too long. They just barely reached Robin after all. Without Usopp beating those small-fry marines, all the Strawhats would have failed regardless.

Ironically, even if Usopp's played the smallest part, without him even beating the CP9 would be meaningless, because they would still lose Robin. His actions ,while underwhelming are important."

I understand your fustrations. Since I make a worst mistake if I just jump the gun so I'll say is I wish Usopp fans stop wishing for his fight and understand that Usopp will rejoin the crew without any fight.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

JAC Manga Scans - ****** Mr. Death's Avatar

Plus without Ussop who would have fix the Go Merry all those time it , was damged.

Speaking of rejoining, I hope Usopp does some cool action that makes him want to join again, instead of Luffy asking him again after all the action cools down. That would be cooler and more dramatic, plus it was Usopp who wanted to leave in the first place.

Maybe Ussop will shot the final blow to lucci.

I agree about everything said about usopp above.

but what really amazes me is how people treat his fighting abilities. He's not supposed to fight people like Jabura or the Mr.4 pair. He's supposed to fight someone like him, a sniper. You can't expect him to be able to fight Jabura or someone like him correctly if he is that close to them. But if he fought a sniper (the people he's supposed to fight) he'll be just about the only one on the crew who could defeat him. I think the reason Oda refrained from having an acutal sniper battle is because his previous weapon didn't cut it. The weapon itself was nothing, mere childs toy, only the ammo made a differance. But now he has a weapon he has made just for that purpose. So I'm certain next arc we'll most likley have a sniper enemy.

Ah, come on man, Usopp don't need to defeat any strong dudes to rejoin, he has to ask Luffy to let him back in
    Currently writing a book

Maybe he will take on either his father or that guy from blackbeards crew.

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second
    Ah, come on man, Usopp don't need to defeat any strong dudes to rejoin, he has to ask Luffy to let him back in

I never said he did. Notice how I said I think he'll get a good sniper fight next arc.

Na, he wanted to give Luffy a hand, but as Zoro said, if Lucci somehow escaped Luffy and attacked the crew... well.

yeah, and think about this:

The Blackbeard Pirates have a top notch sniper

Who will fight Van Auger(is that his name?) if Usopp doesn't rejoin the crew? They'll all be killed before they can reach the island
    "There are two things that are infinite: Human ignorance, and the Universe...but I'm not so sure about the latter of the two."

-Albert Einstein

Lump of Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by UsoppKing
    yeah, and think about this:

The Blackbeard Pirates have a top notch sniper

Who will fight Van Auger(is that his name?) if Usopp doesn't rejoin the crew? They'll all be killed before they can reach the island
    Of course he is going to fight Van Auger. Oda didn't introduce us to Van Auger just to show us that he can shoot ducks from several miles away. It will be interesting to see how Ussop will react when he attemps to fight in his first sniper duel, and how he will overcome the disabliity of not being able to shoot as far as Van Auger. (Although by the time the SH's meet the Blackbeard crew Ussop may have made an additonal upgrade to his weapon that will help him shoot accuratly over longer distances).

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy
    Of course he is going to fight Van Auger. Oda didn't introduce us to Van Auger just to show us that he can shoot ducks from several miles away. It will be interesting to see how Ussop will react when he attemps to fight in his first sniper duel, and how he will overcome the disabliity of not being able to shoot as far as Van Auger. (Although by the time the SH's meet the Blackbeard crew Ussop may have made an additonal upgrade to his weapon that will help him shoot accuratly over longer distances).
    Or Usopp becomes good enough to do that by then.

List of what Usopp needs to be able to shoot from that far

1.) Incredible eyesight
    2.) Scope
    3.) incredible weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon

I never said he did. Notice how I said I think he'll get a good sniper fight next arc.

That post was not aimed for you Octogon.
    Currently writing a book

That post was not aimed for you Octogon.

heh, sorry.

I wonder why I keep doing that. it's the second time today and the 5th this week.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Usopp is having a personal crisis of confidence because he feels like a useless weakling. Over the course of this arc, he has gotten his ass kicked twice and been saved by WOMEN twice.

Explain to me how any of what he's done wil legitimately make up for the humiliation he'll feel when he's taken stock of all that. Not to mention the fact that EVERY SINGLE OTHER CREWMEMBER has as win to their name this arc of someone worth mentioning, and Usopp just has crap marines.

Don't worry usopp your useful! For taking out weaklings the other chars could handle by blowing on them hard!

Please. If Usopp doesn't get a serious fight, I will still be SUPREMELY dissapointed. The knew weapon, all that buildup....and this is the best we get? Come on.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kljs
    Robin would have long been taken on board the ship and left Enies Lobby towards Marine Headquaters!
    Yeah, I'm sure Franky had absolutely no hand in her rescue.

Franky would have NOT reach the bridge in time........
    Uh, Franky got there before Usopp started sniping.

No one would have delayed Spandam and the Marines from taking Robin on board the ship! (I have to mention this twice)!!!
    You have to mention it twice because you have no valid points and that's all you could come up with. There's only symbolic significance to having Robin "pass through the gate". Franky could have taken care of everything.

No one would have Burned down the World Goverment flag. Because burning down the World Goverment flag makes Robin realized that she HAS Nakama that cares for her! This is freaking hell the turning point in their way to get Robin back on both fronts. Pyhsically and mentally or whatever-lly.
    Because Luffy's scream after that flag burning had no effect on Robin, Sogeking must have been the sole cause for her switch. He was pretty effective at talking Robin into returning on the Sea Train, too.

There wouldn't be 2 giants helping fight their way and block the marines from getting into the Tower of Justice.
    It's not as if the Straw Hats couldn't take out legions of Marines by themselves, and those two giants were already beaten. Additionally, though Sogeking said those things, it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't such a coward and he's not directly responsible for the damage they did.

That's like saying Luffy is responsible for winning all of Chopper's fights because he invited Chopper onto the crew in the first place.

I would say what Usopp does are KEY POINTS in their WAY to get back Robin. Usopp might be a freaking coward and a freaking loser (like some people here like to say about him), but what he does IMPACT the flow of EVENTS that LEAD to Robin been SAVED.
    Like the minor characters do. Honestly, Galley-La and FF beating Oimo and Kaashi in the first place was just as significant as Sogeking convincing them to join, because had they not been beaten, they wouldn't have admitted they "failed their bosses".

What Usopp always does is minor; if "major", it's major only as symbolism. As I said earlier, it's like crediting a waterboy for helping a football team win a championship because he was there to supply the sweaty linebackers with water and towels.

Yes, I admit that Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami and Chopper all did their part by beating a CP9 or two. Usopp on their other hand was beaten up. But HE did his part as a sniper......... and that's more than enough....
    This sounds like how Lou Gehrig's team-mates on the Yankess used to compliment him on doing small stuff like walking up to the plate, when he used to be a comparable player to Babe Ruth before he was crippled by ALS .

I repeat again....without Usopp, no one would have been able to delay Spanda and the marines from taking Robin onto the ship.......PERIOD.
    Without any Straw Hat, FF or Galley-La, none of it would have been possible. Yes, Usopp is useful. A useful extra cog in a machine with much more important parts.

Usopp will get his moment and it will be badass. Oda isn't the type of writer to let all this character build-up go to waste. So for the moment at least, stop doubting.

If however Usopp doesn't get his badass moment before this arc is over, then I will personally join all the Usopp bashers here and proverbially piss on Oda. Thankfully, this isn't very likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    Usopp is having a personal crisis of confidence because he feels like a useless weakling. Over the course of this arc, he has gotten his ass kicked twice and been saved by WOMEN twice.

Explain to me how any of what he's done wil legitimately make up for the humiliation he'll feel when he's taken stock of all that. Not to mention the fact that EVERY SINGLE OTHER CREWMEMBER has as win to their name this arc of someone worth mentioning, and Usopp just has crap marines.

Don't worry usopp your useful! For taking out weaklings the other chars could handle by blowing on them hard!

Please. If Usopp doesn't get a serious fight, I will still be SUPREMELY dissapointed. The knew weapon, all that buildup....and this is the best we get? Come on.

Let me recap what I said in the other post:

Some Usopp fans are still not happy with the way Usopp develop in this arc, they wanted him to go what they predicate:

(In the warehouse, after Kaku sank the ship)

Me(really me): Usopp! Beat up Kaku!

(Next chapter, Usopp is bandled up while Kaku is unharmed)

Me: Shoot

(Later, the SHP enters Justice Tower)

Me: Beat up Kaku! Usopp!

(Sogeking enters Jabura's room)

Me: "Groan"

(Jabura woke up and prepares to fight)

Me: Usopp! Beat him up!

(Kaku crash through the ciling with Zoro)

Me: WHY ODA!!??

(Now it's time to fight Kaku and Jabura with Zoro, Usopp huh? Where's Usopp?)

Me: "LOL" He's hiding behind the cabinet! "LOLOLOLOL"

(After the misadventures with the handcuffs, Zoro and Usopp becomes free)

Me: Now fight Jabura! Usopp!

(The fight want on for a few panels before getting 10 shigunned, nearly killing Usopp. But wait! Sanji saved Usopp and took over for him!)

Sanji fans: AH HA! I knew it!

Usopp fans: Nooooo.....

Me: ..... Damnit! Why do I bother predicating? Whoa, now I'm whinning.

(But wait! Sanji says "Go do what you can do and I'll do what you cannot do". The word inspires Usopp! Later he snipes up Spandam, keeping him from taking Robin; giving time for Franky to catch up!)

Me: Okay so that's useful but why is some Usopp fan still clutching their fist in anger?

I guess ever since the Luffy Vs. Usopp fight, Usopp fans think that for Usopp to rejoin the crew; he has to beat a strong enemies to prove his worth.

But they forgot that if Usopp fought Jabura, that would give him the reason to quit the crew, and Robin would have been long gone. Usopp proved his worth already; He turned two Elubafan giants on his side, he burned the WG flag and he delayed Spandam's time. This shows that he does not have to prove his worth through fighting but through his actions.

Usopp already wanted to rejoin the crew, that's why he dressed up as Sogeking because he does not want to show up to Luffy out of the blue and say: Luffy! I'm back! After going through an embarressing decision to quit the crew which would hurt the relationship between Luffy and Usopp even more.

If he does not want to rejoin the crew, then he could have jumped off the Sea Train to swim away which he did not do. He lost his ship and he has nothing left to protect so he decided to go with his friends again to redeem himself

Remamber, the whole argument between Luffy and Usopp was not about who's strong or who's weak; it's about leaving an weak person behind and Usopp tried to defend his ship by choosing to duel Luffy. Usopp thought Luffy wanted to leave behind the weak, Usopp saw the ship like a person with flesh and blood and believes the ship was weak but should never be left behind.

That was the entire point of the duel, it's was never because Usopp was weak, it was to SAVE the weak.

Now that Kaku (thankfully) sank the ship and had nothing left to fight, he knew why he fought Luffy, without the ship; his whole "staying behind to defand the weak" point was gone so now his olny thing left to fight for was helping Luffy and his co. save Robin and his has helped many times. That is who Usopp is, he duty is to help and protect, not to become an musclehead.

We should be happy that Usopp is still with his friends, we should be thankful that he did not swim away.
    Theofore I will not be suprised after this arc ends without Usopp fighting. And if Usopp rejoins the crew without any fights and you are not satified then you can throw down your hat and storm away.

What Oda does is telling the story, please don't choke him, it's his story, not yours.
    Currently writing a book

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information