+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Usopp is a Mugiwara! Forever!

Default Re: Usopp is a Mugiwara! Forever!

Dude, Enel had to restart his own heart after taking a reject to the chest. Shura was killed by it. I'm sure it would at least incapacitate him.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

the recoil will probably break all of Usopp's bone......
    but I figure Luffy to be able to get back up....after a while....
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by kljs
    I don't think a Reject can take down Luffy......... who was clearly holding back during their fight at Water 7.........
    God dammit, that only proof of that statement is that "Luffy didn't own Usopp instantly." Yet the point of that fight was to show what Usopp could do, regardless of whether or not he could beat Luffy. Actually, what was the point of the entire fight if Luffy was holding back?

I don't give me anything about "killing intent" cause Luffy doesn't have that. Merely using "bazooka,"--a move that could have knocked Usopp through the next building--was enough of a sign that he wasn't holding back. I mean c'mon, if those moves hit they the fight would have been over, yet Usopp countered them.

It's really not so much as "Luffy was holding back" but "Luffy was trying to finish the match as soon as possible."

I would argue that if Luffy had really wanted the fight to finish, he would have finished it sooner.......

but you got a point there......
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Compared to Luffy vs. Nami, Usopp did pretty well, all things considered.

Nami would be about as tough as this pink haired girl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bEBbu-wkKrs
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

A reject would destroy Luffy, as well as Usopp. 10 times is a huge differance.

I can't understand why people keep trying to find an exuse for saying Luffy was holding back. People simply can't admit that Usopp is strong, just not physically.

Ussopp wasn't just doing well against Luffy, he was completley owning him. It's true that he didn't give Luffy any fatal injuriees, but Luffy didn't get him once before tthe final blow. Not once. That's what just a few hours of planning can so, and it's not like a genius like Usopp can't think of that during battle. The only thing hindering him is his own fear.

What else do you need?

I not saying Usopp is weak either......
    but I am saying that Usopp isn't going to beat Luffy, because if Luffy were to lose to him, that would mean Luffy isn't ready nor isn't fit to become the Pirate King......
    I admit Usopp is strong in a sense, but he isn't going to beat Luffy with just planning and dials.....

Quote Originally Posted by kljs
    I not saying Usopp is weak either......
    but I am saying that Usopp isn't going to beat Luffy, because if Luffy were to lose to him, that would mean Luffy isn't ready nor isn't fit to become the Pirate King......
    I admit Usopp is strong in a sense, but he isn't going to beat Luffy with just planning and dials.....

No one ever said he would ever be able to beat Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon

No one ever said he would ever be able to beat Luffy.
    Yes, that was never the point. Usopp is still most likely the weakest Strawhat, depending on how you look at Nami (does her punches in the head count as a factor?) or Chopper (would he even fight another crewmember?).

The point is, there is little reason to think that Usopp won't own future villians and whatnot--maybe even a few big players. If we see a shichibukai who fights with a gun, then Usopp will fight him...or Franky. It depends on the gun-type.

But you see, each SH is basically like Goku. If you look at his overall career, he's lost evey battle that he didn't "need" to win. He lost every tournament he competed in until the last one--where the fate of the world was on the line. He lost (arguably) his fight against Cell, because Gohan could handle it.

Each SH is like. Simply put, when they need to win, they win. Usopp didn't need to win. Sanji took care of Jyabura. What he needed to do what snipe those marines around Robin, and he did. When he needed to defeat Chuu and the Mr. 4 pair (w/ Chopper) he did. Basically, Usopp will be there when you need him. And that's why it's wrong to think that he won't improve or get stronger like the other SHs.

This is a factor that each SH holds in common. The SHs always rise to the occasion when the situation calls for it. Usopp's occasion was just..a little meh this time. Although, the arc still isn't really over...

The only thing I disagree with is I think Usopp is on the higher teir of the SH. Give a little distance and nami/chopper are instantly dead. Give enough distance and he would be able to make the top three work.

Usless you were talking about close range, then yeah he's the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    The only thing I disagree with is I think Usopp is on the higher teir of the SH. Give a little distance and nami/chopper are instantly dead. Give enough distance and he would be able to make the top three work.

Usless you were talking about close range, then yeah he's the weakest.
    No, right now he's lower tier, with 8 members Usopp is only higher then two, and I have some reservations about Nami and Chopper. Like, how can we compare Nami when she's punching all the stronger guys in the head all the time. If a fight started, would this "comic relief" strength disappear? Anyway, Nami wouldn't directly fight any SH anyway, she's just trick them into getting tied up or something.

And Chopper, I think his personality is keeping him from being stronger. He doesn't have confidence, and I think that if attacked by any of his fellow SHs, he'd freeze up from shock. In that sense, he's the weakest. Physically though, he probably has the strength or match any Strawhat, especially now that he has that monster point. Really, Chopper just needs confidence and battle experience to get stronger--one could argue that physically he's already there.

Now for Usopp, we shouldn't jsut say "given enough range" because in the future, he most likely won't be given enough range--at the start of the fight. Part of Usopp becoming stronger is learnign ways to distance himself from his opponenets and developing new ways to confuse his enemy. Then he can snipe them efficiently.

hopefully, he will get good enough when his fight with Auge is near......

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment
    No, right now he's lower tier, with 8 members Usopp is only higher then two, and I have some reservations about Nami and Chopper. Like, how can we compare Nami when she's punching all the stronger guys in the head all the time. If a fight started, would this "comic relief" strength disappear? Anyway, Nami wouldn't directly fight any SH anyway, she's just trick them into getting tied up or something.
    It's obvious Nami's comic relif punch can't be used in serious fights. I didn't see her bash Calipha's hean in.

And the only SH that would completley own him is Robin.

And Chopper, I think his personality is keeping him from being stronger. He doesn't have confidence, and I think that if attacked by any of his fellow SHs, he'd freeze up from shock. In that sense, he's the weakest. Physically though, he probably has the strength or match any Strawhat, especially now that he has that monster point. Really, Chopper just needs confidence and battle experience to get stronger--one could argue that physically he's already there.

Umm, Chopper already has confidence. Read his skypeia figh. He's changed

Now for Usopp, we shouldn't jsut say "given enough range" because in the future, he most likely won't be given enough range--at the start of the fight. Part of Usopp becoming stronger is learnign ways to distance himself from his opponenets and developing new ways to confuse his enemy. Then he can snipe them efficiently.

He's been able to give him self distance in the past and he can do it again. He's smart and now he has the weapons.

I mean look at the usopp/luffy fight. Could Nami and Chopper even give Luffy troube evn with hours of planning?

There are situations where Usopp is on the higher tier and others when he is on the lower. For example, while Usopp was on the top of the tower even the high-tier SH would have shitloads of trouble to beat him.

Also, I'm not taking the nuberof SH into account when I talk about tiers. If we go by that, then sure he's on the lower tier. But that's not how it works.

The biggest thing making him weak is his fear. The Luffy/Usopp fight is an example of how powerful Usopp could be if he let go of his fears.

So in conclution, Usopp is nowhere near weak. He just hinders himself with fear. When he overcomes his fear, he becomes a monster.

Well we can hope franky joins SH and usopp stays in SH then franky could help usopp to invent all kinda nasty weapons :p
    Chapapapaa ;_; im the chat killer chappapaa...

"Zettai beam" ftw!

Max power "Strong Right" = DOBEBA!!!

Usopp really hasn't done anything to deserve a top tier ranking at this point, but that's not to say that he won't. If Usopp takes out the Buster Call ships that would certainly warrant top tier ranking. As a top tier I think Usopp would be something like the wizard (a wizard with super human aiming) of the group. When it comes to pure offensive power no one can match the wizard. Taking down the BC would certainly prove that point. But wizards are not tanks. They're physically weak and they suck at close range battles. So they're not invincible. Also, some of a wizard's more powerful attacks require time to pull off. I can imagine a parallel situation with Usopp where he would require time for gas from one of his inventions to fill a room before lighting it with a flame star setting off a huge explosion (recall the huge explosion he set off during his fight with Luffy); or one where he would require time to charge the impact dials in his staff (Kabuto) by banging it multiple times on a surface before firing off a tremendously powerful attack. Of course this is all speculation at this point...

but Luffy didn't get him once before tthe final blow. Not once.
    Luffy landed two blows before the final punch. One to the face, and one to a reject dial (which may or may not count if you count the recoil)

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    Luffy landed two blows before the final punch. One to the face, and one to a reject dial (which may or may not count if you count the recoil)
    IMPACT dial, and no it doesn't count it's a strategic choice. And that's the other thing: he two TWO PUNCHES from luffy, which is damn tougher than you're average human.

And if you're gonna go deep into detail in the Luffy-Usopp fight, consider the following: USOPP WAS HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY INJURED. I'd LOVE to see a rematch with a healthy usopp.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

If Usopp fought Luffy again, completely healthy, he would still lose, probably even worse now that Luffy knows Gears.

And no matter how the fight goes I would still hate to see them ever fight again, I don't know why anyone would wish to see such a painful thing again.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris
    If Usopp fought Luffy again, completely healthy, he would still lose, probably even worse now that Luffy knows Gears.

And no matter how the fight goes I would still hate to see them ever fight again, I don't know why anyone would wish to see such a painful thing again.
    I agree...... friends don't fight each other for no apparent reasons......

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris

Lose? Now THERE'S an understatement!!! Usopp would have all of his bones BROKEN. Luffy would have Jet Geared Usopp into the next life if even Gear 2 got a direct hit!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information