+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Usopp is a Mugiwara! Forever!

Default Re: Usopp is a Mugiwara! Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Elastic_Swindler
    I read some of this thread and other Usopp discussions, where people complain that Usopp didn't get a single good fight at Enies Lobby... Looking back at the past happenings now that another turning point between arcs is about to happen, I noticed that I don't even care that Usopp didn't get a traditional shining moment at EL. That's because 'Captain Usopp' became my personal hero back at Alabasta, and only Sogeking can oust him from his spot in my heart. (100 shots, 100 hits, lu lu la la ~)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Luffy wasn't holding back. It's just that he wasn't goin the absolute hardest he possibly could, he didn't have the motivation. Usopp clearly stated Luffy wasn't holding back and Luffy didn't say a thing against it. The battle was hard for both players. Very, very hard.

But people won't accept the facts. Usopp did enough to make Luffy yell out "THAT HURTS!!" and people still won't accept the fact that Usopp can give any Mugiwara trouble.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer psolaras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    Luffy wasn't holding back. It's just that he wasn't goin the absolute hardest he possibly could, he didn't have the motivation. Usopp clearly stated Luffy wasn't holding back and Luffy didn't say a thing against it. The battle was hard for both players. Very, very hard.

But people won't accept the facts. Usopp did enough to make Luffy yell out "THAT HURTS!!" and people still won't accept the fact that Usopp can give any Mugiwara trouble.
    luffy was holding back,he used as much as usopp could take in order to lose and before that he was even less serious

usopp did gave him a hard time but it was only cuz luffy held back

Quote Originally Posted by psolaras
    luffy was holding back,he used as much as usopp could take in order to lose and before that he was even less serious

Usopp did gave him a hard time but it was only cuz luffy held back

This may just be me, but I think Usopp knows Luffy just a little better than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by psolaras

usopp did gave him a hard time but it was only cuz luffy held back
    Uh...Usopp couldn't take one bazooka or gatling. Those moves would have finished the match but Usopp managed to counter them.

I suppose you could say that Luffy held back by not using a stronger finisher then "Gomu gomu no bullet" (which was still pretty hard), but Usopp was already done for when he used the impact dial.

I mean, if Luffy had the ability to end it faster then why wouldn't he? He and Usopp where like brother's, Luffy wouldn't lie or decieve him to make him feel better. Why did Luffy wait for himself do get pelted by eggs, tabasco, catrops, and explosions before delivering the final blow?

That match was just what it looked like. Usopp held his own against Luffy for a little while but ultimately couldn't beat him. There's no "holding back." The overall point was that while Usopp couldn't beat Luffy, he could still put up an impressive fight with "just his slingshot."

Belamy, who was wanted for 55 million Beli, got his face pushed in by one single punch from Luffy, and it wasn't even Gomu Gomu powered. Usopp, who's practically a nobody, needed two punches to go down, both of them Gomu Gomu-no....

Which raises the question:

Was Luffy really fighting at max against him? Or is Usopp stronger than Belamy?
    One crow flying alone is a sign of foul weather

Quote Originally Posted by Urokråke

Was Luffy really fighting at max against him? Or is Usopp stronger than Belamy?
    Luffy was fighting at his max.

The thing is, Usopp is ot a physical fighter while Luffy is. So once Luffy gets a hold of him, major damage is inflicted upon Usopp.

And Usopp probaley is stronger than Bellamy.

And Usopp probaley is stronger than Bellamy.
    Maybe, but then again that's Mister OHKO of One Piece.

Really, this thread shoudn't be about who Usopp is stronger or weaker then, that's not the point of the Water 7 arc. The point was Usopp's selfworth and usefulness to the crew--his strength being an offshoot of that.

And on that subject, how can you can Usopp useless when the crew would arguably be dead without him? While the same can be said for each crewmember--saving someone's life is something not taken lightly.

As for Usopp's usefulness compared to others--regardless of not being able to beat a CP9--I still don't think any of the other SHs could have saved Robin on the bridge--especially since many of the SHs were late from fighting CP9.
    Last edited by onemoment; October 6th, 2006 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment
    Maybe, but then again that's Mister OHKO of One Piece.
    Well, he could walk after a bulle while injuried, so Bellamy shouldn't be able to hit him hard enough to put him dawn anyway. Also, I think his current weaponry is enough to dispose of Bellamy. Though he'll lose if he doesn't get over his fear in time.
    Really, this thread shoudn't be about who Usopp is stronger or weaker then, that's not the point of the Water 7 arc. The point was Usopp's selfworth and usefulness to the crew--his strength being an offshoot of that.
    Yes, but that's retty much a lost cause. People just don't make sense anymore. People are sayin Supersonic would own all the SH (sides soge) before they ever got to an island. Yet is Usopp were to be put in Van Auger's position, those same people would say Usopp wouldn't stand a chance at all.

EDIT: Yeah, Usopp ain't useless. And anyone who says so really needs to clean the shit out of their mouth.

technically at that point Luffy's max by his words to Blueno at that point would have been Gear 2nd

I really think some of you are jumping the gun here in declaring that this arc is over, and thus concluding that Usopp is completely useless. I wouldn't say I'm in complete disagreement with what some of you have to say about Usopp's 'uselessness,' (thus far within this arc anyway) but I would advise that you to watch what you say about Usopp, at least until it's 100% certain the arc is over. Otherwise you could end up eating your words later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    technically at that point Luffy's max by his words to Blueno at that point would have been Gear 2nd
    Well, no one was saying that Usopp pushed Luffy to the max, but just that he gave Luffy a legit challenge. Which is more then a lot of guys in One Piece could say, even for "Gear 1" Luffy.
    I really think some of you are jumping the gun here in declaring that this arc is over, and thus concluding that Usopp is completely useless. I wouldn't say I'm in complete disagreement with what some of you have to say about Usopp's 'uselessness,' (thus far within this arc anyway) but I would advise that you to watch what you say about Usopp, at least until it's 100% certain the arc is over. Otherwise you could end up eating your words later on.
    Ahem. We could still get say...a display of power from the new ship...assuming that it's Pluton. And if that happens, then Usopp will be the one manning the cannons. For, despite all the negatives of this arc, we can assume that as a result of Water 7 Usopp will at least participate in all the cannon battles from now on--since he has the aim.

Back from the dead

Usopp was not completely useless. He convinced Kaku it was a poison banana which Kaku replied with, "No wai!".

Usopp got to burn down the flag. And even if you think it's completely miniscule and I'm clutching at straws, it's still had a use.

Ahem. We could still get say...a display of power from the new ship...assuming that it's Pluton. And if that happens, then Usopp will be the one manning the cannons. For, despite all the negatives of this arc, we can assume that as a result of Water 7 Usopp will at least participate in all the cannon battles from now on--since he has the aim.
    I was thinking something more along the lines of the Buster Call fleet making their return while the Straw Hats are still passengers on the Galley-La company ship. I believe this is completely plausible, and here are the two main reasons why.

1) Only Iceberg and a few other Galley-La workers know of the corruption of the World Government. However, for some reason or other, they've vowed to keep the WG conspiracy a secret amongst themselves. The Franky family also know of the corruption, but they're not exactly upstanding members of society, and are somewhat on the other side of the law, so it's their word against the WG. The return of the BC fleet would allow the other Galley-La workers to witness first hand the ruthlessness and corruption of this Government, which could cause a revolution among the W7 citizenry, eventually leading to complete secession of W7 from the WG. Secession is probably what will happen, because with all that's happened, you really don't expect Iceberg to compliantly return to working for the WG do you?

2) Usopp put his Sogeking mask back on and Luffy still doesn't know Sogeking is Usopp. Now this is just pure speculation, but I can imagine this scenario playing out, which would offer a nice resolution to the Usopp-Luffy conflict. Usopp does some awesome sniping work against the Buster Call as Sogeking with Luffy there to witness it, impressing the captain to no end. This leads to Luffy begging Sogeking to join. Remember, Luffy never begged Usopp to become a crewmate when Usopp first joined. Usopp then regains his pride. But then Luffy recalls, or is reminded that Usopp is also a sniper, so Luffy retracts his offer of membership, telling Sogeking that he just can't replace his friend. Luffy meets up with Usopp again later on, this time without the mask, and all is finally well between the two.

Now some of you may be thinking that if Usopp can handle the Buster Call ships, then why didn't he take care of them at Enies Lobby. Well, the situation is completely different now from what it was at EL. He doesn't have to worry about 200 captain level marines swarming around him, and he now has the height (look at the size of the Galley-La ship), and, most importantly, he has the distance. We all know Usopp sucks at close combat, probably because he simply doesn't have the reaction time necessary for it. But with distance, he nows has the time to react, plan, properly aim, and execute his attacks.

I don't know about the BC thing, but having Luffy actually ask Usopp to join his crew as Sogeking sounds nice. Right now Usopp is the only one who volunteered to join the crew on his own.

I don't know about the BC thing, but having Luffy actually ask Usopp to join his crew as Sogeking sounds nice. Right now Usopp is the only one who volunteered to join the crew on his own.
    Usopp never volenteered. You're thinking of Robin.

Usopp never volenteered. You're thinking of Robin.
    Okay, it was more like "hey, come with us." Or something like that.

Okay, it was more like "hey, come with us." Or something like that.
    that's what Luffy and Zoro said....something like that........ when they are about to leave Usopp's village...
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Usopp isn't a physical fighter, you're right. He's a guy who uses tools.

Imagine if Usopp had used a reject instead of an impact on Luffy. Luffy would have been beaten, easily. Or all Usopp really had to do was freeze Luffy. At low temperature, Rubber loses its elasticity. If Luffy loses his stretching, he would have had to physically approach Usopp, which wouldn't be easy if Usopp got a distance. That's one of many reasons Kuzan owned Luffy so easily. Cold is Rubber's natural enemy, just like Rubber is a natural enemy to lightning.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

I don't think a Reject can take down Luffy......... who was clearly holding back during their fight at Water 7.........
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information