+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: Japanese language

Default Re: Japanese language

I haven't read those chapters but it's a shounen series, so no. Not moreso than any other series. But you do need to actually know Japanese or you'll be lost, especially if they go on crazy psychological analyses etc.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Is Hunter X Hunter difficult to read in Japanese? Just curious, because non of the scanlators seem to be able to make good translations of the 341 to 349 chapters.
    English Shonen Jack covered those chapters too, you know.

I know it's not the case now, but were there any verbs back in the day that had a "nu" ending besides shinu?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I know it's not the case now, but were there any verbs back in the day that had a "nu" ending besides shinu?
    往ぬ and 尋ぬ sound like things my homestay jiji would say.
    (Found those by going to jisho.org and typing ?ぬ in the search box- "?" is a wild character)

Looks like it was rare even back in the day, at least for verbs.

A friend of mine is inviting a Japanese girl to her birthday party. Now this girl speaks good English, but I thought it would be nice to throw in some Japanese when I meet her. I don't want to overdo it though, so I was wondering if I could just say something like "Hajimemashite, I'm (...) etc." and then continue in English (without adding something like yoroshiku onegaishimasu or anything else). Would it still make sense if I would say like that? Or would it be weird or incorrect?
    Last edited by Huon; July 16th, 2015 at 02:58 AM.
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Huon View Post
    A friend of mine is inviting a Japanese girl to her birthday party. Now this girl speaks good English, but I thought it would be nice to throw in some Japanese when I meet her. I don't want to overdo it though, so I was wondering if I could just say something like "Hajimemashite, I'm (...) etc." and then continue in English (without adding something like yoroshiku onegaishimasu or anything else). Would it still make sense if I would say like that? Or would it be weird or incorrect?
    It's not weird or incorrect. Don't worry.

Ok, thanks! .

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm trying to translate this into japanese"

Sorry to bother you but i have a quick question that I feel like asking some fellow one piece fans like myself: What do you think of the concept idea of how the Hana Hana no mi can be utilized with Rokushiki?

And I'm talking about the Hana Hana no mi in general, not Robin. :)

And when I used Google translate, I got this:

申し訳ありませんがお邪魔しますが、私は私のようないくつかの仲間の一枚のファンを尋ねるように感じる簡単 な質問を持っている:あなたが花花のマイルがRokushikiで利用することができる方法の概念のアイデ アをどう思いますか?

そして、私は、一般的にはハナハナについてロビンを何マイルではなく話していませんよ。 :)

Can someone help me on making a correct japanese translation please? I would be soooooooo greatful! Thanks!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Quote Originally Posted by joesephes View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help. I'm trying to translate this into japanese"

Sorry to bother you but i have a quick question that I feel like asking some fellow one piece fans like myself: What do you think of the concept idea of how the Hana Hana no mi can be utilized with Rokushiki?

And I'm talking about the Hana Hana no mi in general, not Robin. :)

Can someone help me on making a correct japanese translation please? I would be soooooooo greatful! Thanks!
    "Shigan Ouren" with Hana Hana fruit would be cool...
    Spoiler:
    Here is the translation.

失礼します。質問があるんですが、よろしいでしょうか。私のようなワンピファン仲間の方にお聞きしたいので す。次のような質問です。

ハナハナの実を「六式」で応用するとしたら、どんな方法が思いつきますか?

なお、この質問はロビン個人についてというより、ハナハナの実一般についてです。

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    "Shigan Ouren" with Hana Hana fruit would be cool...Here is the translation.

失礼します。質問があるんですが、よろしいでしょうか。私のようなワンピファン仲間の方にお聞きしたいので す。次のような質問です。

ハナハナの実を「六式」で応用するとしたら、どんな方法が思いつきますか?

なお、この質問はロビン個人についてというより、ハナハナの実一般についてです。
    Oh thank you so much!! :D

And yeah it would! Since you like the idea, you should check out my project sometime. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

I need a japanese-english english-japanese good translator for some mails, it will be paid work, you fix the price. Anyone interested ?

Hello Everyone,

I tried create new Thread on the Help Forum but i can't, restriction about my new profil maybe, i post here if that ok for you ?

We are in Tokyo and my girlfriend offer me the UNO Spin One Piece at the One Piece Tower, but all the powers of character are in Japanese, we have find the rules of the UNO Spin but for the powers we can use it :( if someone can help us maybe ?

Best Regards,

Snow
    Don't dream your life, live yours dreams

Maybe i ask too huge traduction...

sorry
    Don't dream your life, live yours dreams

Hi guys,

I'm looking into learning the Japanese language.

Just need some advice on the best and most efficient way of learning (lessons? online?). I'm more than happy to invest a bit of money into it if need be.

Where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm looking into learning the Japanese language.

Just need some advice on the best and most efficient way of learning (lessons? online?). I'm more than happy to invest a bit of money into it if need be.

Where to begin?

http://www.yesjapan.com - I'm no expert, but this seems like a good site for beginners
    http://www.memrise.com/home/ - Tons of material at different levels

I can't believe I was just surfing arlongpark, found this thread and found my post which 3 days from now will be a year of when I wanted to start learning Japanese, although I didn't start till late late January.. anyway

Hey guys! I'm Jitesh, I'm the developer of Koe, A JRPG set in Japan that teaches the Japanese language by using the language itself as a gameplay element.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Green View Post
    Hey guys! I'm Jitesh, I'm the developer of Koe, A JRPG set in Japan that teaches the Japanese language by using the language itself as a gameplay element.
    I had a look at website, looks interesting, hope you can get it going.

One of the funniest things I catch my brain doing when it's in Japanese mode recently is it not being able to pronounce/thinking in English anymore without conciously willing it. Instead it's automatically thinking in Engrish.

So, I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a long time and I finally got started "for real" by picking up a little book titled "Speak Japanese Today, a self-study program for learning everyday Japanese". Now the lessons in the book started out pretty straight forward, but the more progress I make, the more I find myself having questions; and since the book is a self-study book, I don't really have anyone to ask. But then I remembered this forum had this thread, so I guess this might be a good place to post questions that I come up with :D

Here's one thing I don't completely understand:

There's an exercise on the -mashou ending of verbs, which in itself isn't too difficult, but I got confused by the word order in some of the sentences used as examples. First, the sentence "Shall we give the vase to Miss Toda?" is translated as "Kabin o Toda-san ni agemashou ka?", which makes sense. Then, the sentence "Let's invite Mr. Sato to the party" is translated as "Satou-san o paatii ni shoutai shimashou", which confused me as in the second sentence the person's name was mentioned first while in the first sentence the vase was mentioned first. But I assume this is because it should be read as "The vase: give (it) to Miss Toda" and "Mr. Sato: invite (him) to the party", with the direct object being supposed to be the first part of the sentence. So I thought I uderstood it, but later on in the same exercise there were another two similar sentences wich brought back my confusion. "Shall I give this book to Miss Yamada?" (translated as "Yamada-san ni kono hon o agemashou ka?") and "Shall I invite Mr. Wada to lunch?" (translated as "Wada-san o hiru-gohan ni shoutai shimashou ka?"). The second one of these is almost the same as the one with Mr. Sato, so that makes sense, but the first one seeme to have the word order reversed. The way I understood it I would expect it to be "Kono hon o Yamada-san ni (...)". What's going on here? Or does the word order not really matter? I hope I explained it clearly enough and that someone can shed some light on this.

Also, I would like to try to read some really, really simple children's books (preferebly in hiragana or romaji). Does anyone have some links to places where I could find those? (If something like that exists at all.)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information