+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Default Re: Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I'm the exact opposite here. I'm not saying that the men in black is a super well written story but it's literally the only thing that keeps me going. I honestly skimm through every chapter if it isn't involving anything about the main plot because it literally is the same crap over and over again. Murder, three suspects, find out who it was rinse and repeat. I'm not saying that this is bad in a murder mystery manga but at some point you've seen and done it all and you just want to see where this ends. Also - just as we mentioned this in the Hajime no Ippo thread - this series is also a big offender of moving nowhere with such things as love angles between the main cast. Even with Shinichi and Ran where you can say it's because Shinichi is rarely in his real body it's getting tedious. But with Heiji and Kazuha it's honestly unbearable how this is not moving forward. Of course they let some others people get together (not gonna spoil it for you since you seem to be behind) but then they just introduce the same love angles with other characters just because the readers demand it. It's so tiresome. The mangaka literally said 11 years ago that the endgame would begin in about a year. Just friggin end this story already. [/rant]
    That's why I never really got into the series.

The early stories seem cool but over 100 volumes of mostly wasted time does not sound appealing.

They already broke the rules by allowing him to turn back into an adult whenever the plot says it's necessary.

Some good news, crunchyroll is adding more of the Conan backlog episodes today (Episodes 43 - 123).

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...on-crunchyroll

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

More great news about the older Conan episode backlog. The older episodes now the correct numbering that they were in the japanese tv airings, not the international version. Also Episode 96 (the 2 hour case) is the japansee tv airing version, not the 4 separate episodes of the international version. Also the 2nd opening of Conan, "Feel Your Heart" is in the older episodes its in.
    Last edited by Sano; August 12th, 2021 at 01:45 PM.

Episodes 1-123 are the HD remasters, which apparently aren't even used by Japanese streaming services yet.

I watch the first couple episodes (Episodes 1 - 3) today. The HD remastered for these episodes are really nice and their already better then the Funimation Home Video releases of these episodes. I hope Crunchyroll continues to get more of the older episodes of Conan. Up to this point, Crunchyroll completed the Funimation run of the show, and we still got the gap between Episodes 124 - 753, before they reach the Crunchyroll simulcast episodes.

I watch more of the HD remastered of the older Conan episodes on crunchyroll. The Moonlight Sonata case episode looks amazing in HD. I hope we're be getting more of these remastered after the first 123 episodes on crunchyroll.

I know this isn't really a big deal. But on crunchyroll now instead of Case Closed, it's Case Closed (Detective Conan). The reason I find this interesting is because until now, the series was only know as Case Closed on the North American merchandise for the series. So it's nice we're starting to the getting the series real name out there instead of the Case Closed name.

Discotek will be releasing the 19th film of Detective Conan, Sunflowers of Inferno on January 25, 2022.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Case-...nferno-Blu-ray

It's amazing how literally the only thing to talk about here lately are various releases rather than the actual plot. It's as if thus series has been stale for ever.

It's not that. It's just the series is on break alot more now days due to Aoyama's health issues from the last couple years.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Speaking of some Conan news. The anime adaptation of The Wild Police story starts on December 4th.

https://www.twitter.com/conan_anime1...68002333380611

Actually it's exactly that or when was the last time soneone has discussed yet another *yawn* closed room murder case *yawn* that is not connected to the main plot? Also if Aoyama has health issues why not actually start the final arc already? It was before I left the formus (which was in 2010) that he announced that all pueces are introduced and that the endgame will begin in about a year. So technically the final arc should have started exaczly ten years ago but not, we get yet more relevant characters just for the sake of padding.

Say what you will about Oda but at least his arcs are bloated and filled with new characters because he wants to wrap the series up. Yet in Derective Conan you never know if there's yet another "are they gonna get together" plotline to introduce for those who are on the to see if manga characters can get laid or not. I know that it is still popular but dammit, if the author has health issues and the endgame pretty much stands it's definitely better to just end it. It's not like you cannot milk the series after it's run its course. Dragonball has been doing it for decades now. And Conan is definitely a big enough name here to get the same treatment.

I mean I consider Conan like a chance to read nice murder mysteries than some plot to be invested and I feel its been that for years.

Yeah! I go back to it time to time for a change and have read all the cases till now. I just don't take it seriously.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I'm kinda skimming through the pages and only if I see charecters related to the main plot make an appeance ai actually bother reading the thing.

Also if Aoyama is having health issues perhaps he should consider the recap format for regular cases where he spends between one and two pages to summerize the situation we left the previous chapter at. I know episode recaps are not a new thing in anime but since those chspters will be part of manga volumes that are dure to sell it's kind of a silly concept if you binge read the chapters. I mean it would definitely be two pages less to stress himself with.

Here's a clip from the dub of Sunflowers of Inferno.

https://www.twitter.com/discotekmedi...71927395176448

Some huge Conan news. Netflix will be streaming the animated adaptions of Zero's Tea Time and The Culprit Hanzawa. Here's the teaser trailer.

What exactly is Zero's Tea Time? I mean I see it pop up quite often but don't have a clue what it means?

Zero's Tea Time is a spin off series that focus on Toru Amuro (Bourbon of the Black Organization). When the main Conan manga goes on break, the new chapters of Zero's Tea Time comes out and when Conan comes back from break, Zero's Tea time goes on break.

I see. Does this move the main plot forward in any way, shape or form or is it just Amuro adventures?

The title for the 25th Detective Conan movie been announced. The movie is called "The Bride of Halloween".

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...emiere/.180141

The teaser trailer for The Bride of Halloween is out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information