+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Okami and Okami-Den

Default Re: Okami and Okami-Den

Yeah if they are bringing it to the latest gen it would be super nice if you could skip cutscenes or at least make the scrolling text move faster but I ain't expectin them to do much of any of that

Okami is one of my favourite games from the PS2 era. Its a game to relish, to get absorbed in. That said, aside from the unskippable dialogue, its, held back by two very sizeable flaws:

- Its way, way, wayyyyyyyy too easy. Between weapon upgrades, health boosts, astral pouch, the multicolored shield, recovery items and extremely non-agressive enemy AI, you have to try hard to die in Okami.
    - Shut up Issun, you pint-sized garbage creature!!!!

If the remaster updated those things, I'd get it again in a heartbeat.

Think most important thing to me would be skippable dialogue; if the sheer amount of itweren't enough, that annoy tittering it does as a voice approximation pushes the annoyance level over the edge.

Did they fix that it any of the remasters or Okamiden?

iirc the PS3 remaster didn't. And Okamiden was forgettable enough that I don't remember LOL

I'll echo the sentiment that Okami is a great game, but with the clarification that there's one segment towards the end of the game that, while neat in concept, came off as kind of contrived and rehash-y.

All the same, it's still very much worth your time to play it.

The weirdest part of all is, New Game + *does* have dialogue skipping, so... they knew it was something people would want, and they coded it into the game. I have no idea why it's not available earlier to match the player's actual reading speed like every other game ever.

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/stat...543933953?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Ikumi Nakamura
    Okami is going to be back! We want to make Okami sequel and fans are looking forward to it too. You guys want to see Kamiya’s Okami again, right, everyone? I want to work on it too! 大神をまた作りたい私たちです。����
    @CapcomUSA_

@OKAMI_CAP
    please don't be a bad joke
    Last edited by Robby; October 18th, 2019 at 11:40 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Swordsman Of The Atlantic chpollastrini's Avatar

WOW... Any guesses on platform? Seems like a game made for the Switch fanbase...(or maybe for all of them)
    My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

Capcom hates with a passion any game developed by Clover, if they are willing to go past that it will be a miracle in and of itself. Wondering also who would direct it, as Ammy was thought after Kamiya's own dog.

That’s great news! I got to play Okami for the first time last year on the Switch and it was excellent.

I soooooo want this to be true, but apparently Kamiya is also something of a troll:
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/18/2...nakamura-tweet

Please don't joke, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Capcom hates with a passion any game developed by Clover.
    They hate Okami so much that it's essentially the only game formerly made by Clover they've kept rereleasing for no reason?

I wish Viewtiful Joe could get a little bit of that hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They hate Okami so much that it's essentially the only game formerly made by Clover they've kept rereleasing for no reason?

I wish Viewtiful Joe could get a little bit of that hate.
    The reason is that unlike Joe & God Hand it sold more than nothing with a sizeable following they can rerelease with little effort. Mainly due to the aesthetic and it being considerably easier compared to its fellow projects which are incredibly unfriendly with their aggravating difficulties for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    The reason is that unlike Joe & God Hand it sold more than nothing with a sizeable following they can rerelease with little effort. Mainly due to the aesthetic and it being considerably easier compared to its fellow projects which are incredibly unfriendly with their aggravating difficulties for most.
    I mean Godhand maybe not helped by it's weird aesthetics but Viewtiful Joe wasn't that hard even on V-Rated mode (just bullshit in some places).
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

What a bunch of hypocrites. Say you hate Clover Studios then keep re-releasing their best game like you don't.

Why did they get into such a tiff with Clover, anyway?

^ I don't think Capcom legitimately hates Clover let alone their games.

It sounds way too similar to the argument of them hating Megaman because of the cancellations of Megaman Legends 3, Megaman Universe,Megaman Online, and letting Ono put bad box art Megaman in Street Fighter X Tekken as a playable character.

As for there being a beef between them that'd be news to me if there were. Though I could see some members of Clover not being too accepting of the studio being shut down.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 20th, 2019 at 06:43 AM.

From outside seems all capcom, but it is probably an specific executive or two who was the problem, they had to have a good working relationship with a ton of the company to publish the game.

And bad boxart megaman wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't in the continous abandonment of everything megaman after the market saturation of the 00s.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Okami 2, for iOS and Android.

sorry, any time I get news of some long-awaited revival, I wait for the shift to mobile
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    From outside seems all capcom, but it is probably an specific executive or two who was the problem, they had to have a good working relationship with a ton of the company to publish the game.

And bad boxart megaman wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't in the continous abandonment of everything megaman after the market saturation of the 00s.
    I would think if they were to abandon it they would've never let Ono put him in the game (same game that had two other weird characters in Pacman and Kuro & Toro). In addition to continuing to bury us in rereleases of the NES Megaman games.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Okami 2, for iOS and Android.

sorry, any time I get news of some long-awaited revival, I wait for the shift to mobile
    Breath Of Fire 6?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information