+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoro's sword related thread (SPOILER)

Default Zoro's sword related thread (SPOILER)

Ok, as it seemed that the subject of Zoro's broken sword was a hot topic in the stickied chapter 426 discussion, I decided to make a thread dedicated to it. It's clear that Yubashiri is the sword that gets destoyed -- You can tell by the hilt. So the only thing left to discuss is what sword he replaces it with.

Short term (till the end of the arc at least) I think that he'll use the cutlass he picked up on one of the Marines until he stumbles upon Funkfried. After the arc, i figure that they're going to have a chapter dedicated to him getting a new sword. As to what sword it is, well, we don't know. I thought that maybe he would pick up either the first or second generation demon splitter, but then I figured that Oda would probably go with an original model. Probably one of the 21 Oo-Wazamono (21 great works or something like that) like the Wadou Ichimonji is; at least I hope. I figure that one of the marine captains, lieutenants, or even the vice admirals has one that he's take. What do you all think?

Default Re: Zoro's broken sword related thread

I'm looking forward to Zoro getting his new sword it's going to be an interesting mini-story. I doubt he will use Funkfried, or I hope he won't, I just don't like it.

But it's true he might just use a sword from the higher up marines and gets a new one after whenever the current arc is over.
    I personally would like Zoro to have a real special sword, not one of the ones Tashgi mentioned in Logue Town but one noone knew about. Or maybe he'll meet a blacksmith who will make a great sword specially designed for Zoro.

But getting another one of the 21 or a cursed one is probably the most likely case.

Default Re: Zoro's sword related thread

I changed the title 'cause hello SPOILER. *smack*

He will probably get another named sword. Though it would be pretty sweet if someone made a sword just for him. *shrug*

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am hoping that while Zoro is finding another sword, he meets up with Tashigi again....... and Smoker will be around....

Zoro should get another Great Sword........probably same class as Kuina's one....
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

I dunno, I can see him gettinf frankfried. It just seems like not very much of a conincidence that his sword breaks in an arc where a magical sword was introduced and underused.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Frankfried/whatever the actual spelling is just doesn't fit Zoro...... and isn't the sword a tad bigger than Zoro's katanas?
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

I dunno, I can see him gettinf frankfried. It just seems like not very much of a conincidence that his sword breaks in an arc where a magical sword was introduced and underused.
    Not to mention it's laying on the ground only a few feet away since it's also on the bridge.

A more lighthearted arc is needed after this though, and I would love to see Smoker and Tagishi show back up, and Zoro get his new sword in it.

I'm torn. I would love to see Funkfreed be used, but if he gets a new sword now, that means exchanging a powerup for character development. If he doesn't get a new sword immediately, he will get some character development most likely in the next arc but a sword that is possibly less cool than funkfreed.

The only thing is Funkfreed would imbalance Zoro. Right now he uses/used his three swords fairly evenly, with funkfreed there would be attacks he would only be capable of with one of his swords, and I'm not really fond of that.
    Last edited by odlam; September 10th, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

I would like for Zoro to get a special, even magical (ish) sword if possible..
    He's going to be the worlds greatest swordsman, rare swords aren't enough.

I think a special sword whose special ability is ONLY good against certain opponents.. like I dunno a sword of titanium that is already able to cut steel, so he doesn't have to focus when he's using the technique.. that way it's already an established base leaving his mind to focus on greater techniques.

Kuinas sword could continue to be the main sword, but this sword would be used in practical situations like when they were stuck in the tunnel and were flooded/if he ever has to cut chains.

Or a sword that can change size (NOT SHAPE), size so it can be like a short sword and a longer sword allowing him to use Ittou-Ryuu Attacks more often.

Default Re: Zoro's sword related thread (SPOILER)

I don't make predictions, but I hope Zoro's new sword isn't special/magical/DF-related in any way. I also hope no sword he ever uses is as strong as Kuina's sword. Either of those would cheapen his character.

The Elefrank theory adds life to Zoro's character. Badasses are few and far between in this series and Z gets too much face time to always be stoic unless yelling at someone for being ridiculous. That and Zoro (sleep)riding Elefrank around when the crew is walking around just fits.
    -I'm so emo that my shirt don't fit.

His next Katana will be a Hattori Hanzo.
    No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.

--Edmund Burke

Discovered Stowaway

I doubt that the new sword will be Funkfried. Zoro can use any type of sword, but I believe he prefers the katana style, which Funkfried is not. Besides, what use would he have of an elephant sword? Anything that took advantage of the elephant ability wouldn't be related to Zoro's skill as a swordsman at all.

Hmm, well we know that the one on his mouth wouldn't change until the end of the story (even if it ever breakes, Zoro would find a way to fix it back up again). Now the cursed youtou katana is tricky because in my opinion I like it but I have this feeling that it won't last too long. It might meet the same fate as the yubashiri. I really feel like, this is going to be a really long journey until Zoro finds the true sword that would fit in his category (aka badass swords)
    Chuck Norris challenged Sanji into a roundhouse kick battle. This was marked in Genesis World Record as the worst mistake ever made.

Chuck Norris did not only get a full course meal but also the dessert...

A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar

maybe the next arc will be about Zoro and maybe finding one of the best blacksmith's in the world and convincing him/her to make Zoro a new sword

Quote Originally Posted by KizoFieva
    I don't make predictions, but I hope Zoro's new sword isn't special/magical/DF-related in any way. I also hope no sword he ever uses is as strong as Kuina's sword. Either of those would cheapen his character.
    He already has 3 special swords because they are of the rare 12, 21 and 50
    One is magical (ish) because it is cursed
    One is already stronger than Kuinas (maybe 2, I don't know how strong the cursed blade is)
    Have any of his blades cheapened his character?
    (Actually yes 9 armed Zoro was the lowpoint of his fighting style).

Therefore as I said before, I hope he gets a one of a kind special magical (ish) sword that is incredible but only in certain situations and against certain opponents.

kondoriano

maybe a kairouseiki(sp?) sword o.o? .. kinda overpowered though~

What's with you and the blacksmith? There aren't many blacksmiths in One Piece. The entire world is nothing but a single continent with hundreds of Archipelago islands scattered around. Arms makers are probably reserved for special places, such as Marine HQ, and certain places along the Red Line. Zoro's hometown, for instance, could be one. If you notice in his flashback, it's in a very rural area surrounded by mountains, which means it was probably along where the Red line meets either side of East Blue. The weapons would be made there and then distributed across the world.

Funkfreed is the obvious choice. As for Kitetsu II, I can definitely see him getting this in the future. But look at the sword the Gorosei guy is holding in 233... It looks like it's one of the finest swords in the world. At some point, I think this will become Zoro's sword.

Mihawk's defeat will earn Zoro the Kuroken, But that won't probably be till near the end of the series.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

I believe something like this is a precursor to the next crew mate after shipwright, and that would be a blacksmith. did you notice whenever the crew needs a service they don't just get it from a person they get a person who can do it to join their crew, and now since they attacked te government I doubt zoro can just walk into a sword shop and buy a new one.

Zoro will regain a sword he lost previously, with its destructive power back into his possession, he will release wave after wave of eradicating power, shaming all that stands before him.

Its name is Hana Arashi, and it craves for blood.
    What is 19% of Avogadro's Constant?
    This is a slightly dated episode, but I donít think that is the point. We had what some might call a script for this one and in the ended up becoming Whoís Line is It Anyway? And I was Drew Carey...
    http://www.ssaapodcast.com/

I'm back...like it or not. Sekum GoldenPirate's Avatar
    Parrallel Twilight Universe Realm..wait wtf?

Woah, how poetic!! Are you sure you are not craving blood?? j/k
    Signature removed by Pepsi.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information