+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hmm!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Hmm!

Since no one knows what One Piece is, why should we readers believe that, provided Luffy obtains it, he will be internationally recognised as the new Pirate King? I mean, the Marines will undoubtedly be chasing him down through Grand Line after the Enies Lobby arc concludes, so he'll be caught...but I doubt the Marines would tell the world, "oh, by the way, we have a new Pirate King".

Discuss.

Default Re: Hmm!

Because ultimately with each step Luffy gets closer to finding One Piece he becaomes more reknowned as a Pirate. Ultimately the Pirate King right now should be Whitebeard but the fact that everyone knows he's unable to progress past where he is and isn't do much of anything he doesn't get that ultimate pirate title.

Well, think of the situation this way; Luffy's wanted poster is probably not circulating in the Blues, just Grand Line; there's no way out of Grand Line except through Marieoja or Reverse Mountain.

So, he's not continually gaining fame; maybe in Grand Line, but probably not in the Blues; being a Pirate King is a world reknown.

It's kind of hard to accept someone claiming to be "pirate king" as credible if one has no idea what One Piece is.

Maybe the discovery of One Piece will lead to or be part of the process of a world changing event, a world revolution if you will. In which case, how can the world not to recognize the man who changed the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Well, think of the situation this way; Luffy's wanted poster is probably not circulating in the Blues, just Grand Line; there's no way out of Grand Line except through Marieoja or Reverse Mountain.

So, he's not continually gaining fame; maybe in Grand Line, but probably not in the Blues; being a Pirate King is a world reknown.

It's kind of hard to accept someone claiming to be "pirate king" as credible if one has no idea what One Piece is.

Luffy's wanted poster IS circulated in the Blues. We saw Makino showing it to the Mayor way back in Volume 11.
    By that logic theres no reason they should know about Roger out there either.

I personally don't believe One Piece exists and it was instead an elaborate ruse / bluff by Gol D Roger and other anti government people to turn more people to their cause (as it there is going to be something really tragic in the true history)

besides Roger never said his treasure was in the Grand Line thats just where everyone assumed

Why does he need to be caught, Roger began the era...Luffy can end it (maybe with ancient weapons). I'm sure that Gold Roger did lots of stuff that made him famous that we don’t know about. All we saw a public execution in a town. Luffy became/will famous by the journey not the prize
    better pic comin soooon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    Luffy's wanted poster IS circulated in the Blues. We saw Makino showing it to the Mayor way back in Volume 11.
    By that logic theres no reason they should know about Roger out there either.
    The new poster. Even then, we're not sure if West, North, and South blue have his poster as well.

Also, Roger's fame was spread by people who met him upon their return from Grand Line. Most of the people met by Luffy are not fellow pirates, but native citizens, though it's possible that people like Bellamy and Foxy might return to where they came from and spill some beans.

If one piece does not represent a typical treasure (it might just be some kind of information or just a spiritual entity), getting closer to achieve it will ensure the seekers the fame and findings that only one piece can ensure.

From a simplistic point of view, trying to search all the available locations for one piece will allow the seekers to gather the treasures spread around the world to maybe become the richest pirates, find valuable information such as the ones that can make you enemies of the world (already happening), finding weapons that can provide you with the greatest non-human based power, eliminating enemies (both pirates and marines) to increase your strength and fame.

It is hard to believe, in the case that there is a treasure called one piece that is waiting for them, after achieving the maximum desires a pirate can achieve, what will one piece mean to them, when they finally find it?

The new poster. Even then, we're not sure if West, North, and South blue have his poster as well.

Why wouldn't it be in the other blues?

Like someone else said, Luffy is getting more faumos every step he takes. Every obstacle he overcomes makes him more of an obstacle to the Wold Government. Of course the WG will try to hinder his progress, but not his fame. At least not until right before Raftel. What I imagine is that the SH will make a big ruckus about the lost history. I don't think the reason Roger was given the title of Pirate King is because of Raftel, but rather because of a direct "assault" tothe WG. This earned the other pirates his respect and people stated to whisper about how no other pirate could match him, about how he went face-to-face with the World and survived. At least that's how I imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    I personally don't believe One Piece exists and it was instead an elaborate ruse / bluff by Gol D Roger and other anti government people to turn more people to their cause (as it there is going to be something really tragic in the true history)

besides Roger never said his treasure was in the Grand Line thats just where everyone assumed
    Oda has specifically stated that One Piece exists and is tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon

Why wouldn't it be in the other blues?
    Obviously because Luffy isn't in the other Blues. There's no reason to tell the world of a new criminal when said criminal is trapped on a straight between two belt seas filled with sea monsters.

Mihawk took Luffy's wanted poster to Shanks in Grand Line shortly after it came out; it's safe to say that since Shanks didn't have a copy, Grand Line didn't circulate Luffy's posters until he went there.

Like someone else said, Luffy is getting more faumos every step he takes. Every obstacle he overcomes makes him more of an obstacle to the Wold Government. Of course the WG will try to hinder his progress, but not his fame. At least not until right before Raftel. What I imagine is that the SH will make a big ruckus about the lost history. I don't think the reason Roger was given the title of Pirate King is because of Raftel, but rather because of a direct "assault" tothe WG. This earned the other pirates his respect and people stated to whisper about how no other pirate could match him, about how he went face-to-face with the World and survived. At least that's how I imagine it.
    Luffy isn't becoming more famous, he's just becoming infamous among the Marines. The WG hushed up Crocodile's defeat; it'll be tougher to do the same with Enies Lobby, but that's always an option.

I'm just saying, if we do not know what One Piece is, how will we recognise it when we find it? How will other people know it's the real deal? I'm surprised there have not been cases mentioned in Grand Line of people claiming to have found One Piece and getting shot at.

then its something ala the Rio Poneglyph to instruct people on the evil's of the Government and to rise up

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the
    Oda has specifically stated that One Piece exists and is tangible.
    Did he give any other information on one piece? Or after evaluating Oda's words, is it possible for it to be something like a small note saying congratulations, or a signed paper by Gol D. Roger, or so?

Obviously because Luffy isn't in the other Blues. There's no reason to tell the world of a new criminal when said criminal is trapped on a straight between two belt seas filled with sea monsters.

Why would the WG care is he came from east blue? They don't care to tell his family and friends that he has a bounty now, do they? If they do it in one place, they'll try and do it everywhere.

Mihawk took Luffy's wanted poster to Shanks in Grand Line shortly after it came out; it's safe to say that since Shanks didn't have a copy, Grand Line didn't circulate Luffy's posters until he went there.
    The Grand Line is different. Vivi herself said they were lucky to get mail at all. But the blues is a different story.

Luffy isn't becoming more famous, he's just becoming infamous among the Marines. The WG hushed up Crocodile's defeat; it'll be tougher to do the same with Enies Lobby, but that's always an option.
    He is becoming more infaumos. Still doesn't change the fact that he is becoming more and more famous.

I'm just saying, if we do not know what One Piece is, how will we recognise it when we find it? How will other people know it's the real deal? I'm surprised there have not been cases mentioned in Grand Line of people claiming to have found One Piece and getting shot at.

I think it's one of those things you just know. For all we know Roger may have had left a note like in skypeia. Even a arrow "One Piece is that way", seriously I could imagine that happening.

I restate that he just said go look for it and never actually said where it was

Some may have said something similar, but personally I believe the whole deal with him becoming "Pirate King" is not simply for finding some great treasure, but moreso due to his increasing fame. Now, if he was to travel the world, doing all these great things, then fail to actually acheive his goal, he probably would only be recognized as just another infamous criminal.

But by doing these things AND managing to locate the legend that no one else can, he can truly be recognized around the world as the "Pirate King."

Remember Roger left that note in Skypia. I'm sure he left a note at the Rio P.

nah I'm thinking the Rio will be all the note thats needed

I also wonder if there is someone / something guarding it

Why would the WG care is he came from east blue? They don't care to tell his family and friends that he has a bounty now, do they? If they do it in one place, they'll try and do it everywhere.
    What?

The Grand Line is different. Vivi herself said they were lucky to get mail at all. But the blues is a different story.
    Goldenweek found mail on Little Garden.

He is becoming more infaumos. Still doesn't change the fact that he is becoming more and more famous.
    I suppose, but not with the right people.

Theory: one of OP's themes is that, "treasure is what one makes it to be". Luffy's treasure is his hat, Nami's is her mother's oranges. So, the more we learn about Roger, the closer we are to discerning the nature of the One Piece.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information