Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Else Hates that Usopp is comic relief?

Default Who Else Hates that Usopp is comic relief?

I am dying for Usopp/sogeking to become alot more useful in a battle, all he is is comic releif and that is kinda annoying, I mean Nami has stepped it up a notch, Chopper has always been strong the only person that needs to be stronger, and should have enough damn motivation by now to become greater
    AND he has the genes to be THE BEST sharpshooter, yet he still uses the slingshot crappy thing why not a rifle?

Usopp can be really useful and great, but IMO right now if he doesnt get better he could have been better going off own his own

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

Default Re: Who Else Hates that Usopp is comic relief?

Have you even read water 7. And no I dont hate it

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I watched Water 7
    thats one of the big motivational things that should have made him stronger, and all he does is come back with a bigger slingshot :s

and yes he was kinda good against luffy, but that was just using small tricks and knowing luffy he needs to be the best Shooter out there like his father

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

AMS

I have faith in Ussop that he will show us something new soon..

I really don't see why everyone wants Usopp to have a gun. This is shonen, remember, so that kind of logic that gun > slingshot probably doesn't apply. Besides, I always found it far more impressive that Usopp could take a guy out with a child's toy when everyone else was using weapons made for killing.

Quote Originally Posted by COWMAKAZE
    I really don't see why everyone wants Usopp to have a gun. This is shonen, remember, so that kind of logic that gun > slingshot probably doesn't apply. Besides, I always found it far more impressive that Usopp could take a guy out with a child's toy when everyone else was using weapons made for killing.
    its more of the fact that usopp can do aot more damage than anyone else on there because of his genes and such

if zoro wants to be the best swordsman, why cant Usopp want to be the best marksman (like his father which he has said he wanted ot be like many many times) ?

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

Usopp >>>>> topic creator

from his fight with Chuu

to the ones in Alabasta and then in Skypeia and Water 7 hes constantly proven himself more than mere comic relief

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    Usopp >>>>> topic creator

from his fight with Chuu

to the ones in Alabasta and then in Skypeia and Water 7 hes constantly proven himself more than mere comic relief
    you dont get what I mean, yes he wins those with little tricks and such but he could be a feared member of the Mugiwara Kaizoku if he would just practice with a gun, he could be up there with sanji and Zoro

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

I never saw Usopp as being comic relief at any point. Particularly not in this arc, he's been pretty damn serious. :/ Was Usopp v. Luffy really funny? I didn't think so.

I take it you're only watching the anime and not reading the manga....just keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoKirby
    you dont get what I mean, yes he wins those with little tricks and such but he could be a feared member of the Mugiwara Kaizoku if he would just practice with a gun, he could be up there with sanji and Zoro
    Sanji and Zoro? I don't want a downgrade XD

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Winning = Winning

Usopp was never meant to do any of the things that they do so he wins in his own way

Arrow Re: Who Else Hates that Usopp is comic relief?

The topic creator clearly does not understand Usopp or even One Piece altogether if he's watched this far and has to ask stuff like this.

~Rat, first mate of the Flametail Pirates

+_+

I dont think you guys understand what I am saying, usopp can be feared and strong, but even in the current arc he is just a joke, I mean look at Zoro using him as a sword, and then hiding on the train and avoiding all battles

he could be the best sharshooter EASILY, and I do read the damn manga

most battles he has he is scared, and resorts to tricks

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

Winning = Winning

Usopp was never meant to do any of the things that they do so he wins in his own way
    No he could easily be feared and strong damnit, why cant he be the best marksman? why does he just have to pull tricks like Usopp Spell and Usopp Fingernails on a chalkboard

he could be funny but why not strong too? I mean luffy and zoro are really hilarious and they are strong as hell

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

I dont think you guys understand what I am saying, usopp can be feared and strong, but even in the current arc he is just a joke, I mean look at Zoro using him as a sword, and then hiding on the train and avoiding all battles

he could be the best sharshooter EASILY, and I do read the damn manga

most battles he has he is scared, and resorts to tricks
    you may read it but you don't understand it

there is nothing wrong with using whatever method to win when the enemy is leagues ahead of you in strength

Usopp being afraid is COMPLETELY understandable

and btw he is using his best weapon to win all his fights

His Mind

and you mentioned Usopp could be the best sharpshooter, that was never his goal in the 1st place (may want to read it again)

besides if you've actually read it you'd have noticed all the other characters have their own little quicks that make them good comedy relief characters

you may read it but you don't understand it

there is nothing wrong with using whatever method to win when the enemy is leagues ahead of you in strength

Usopp being afraid is COMPLETELY understandable

and btw he is using his best weapon to win all his fights

His Mind
    I think your just not understanding me, his best weapon would be his eye for aim, I mean seriously everytime he uses the cannons he hits his spot and is supposedly doing that on accident, and his father is the best marksman in the whole sea, I have said this many many times he could easily be as powerful as anyone else, he just needs to train

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

We do understand what you are saying, and we are disagreeing.
    Usopp is never going to be like Zoro, and thank goodness, we don't need two Zoros. Just appreciate the characters for who they are, not what you want them to be. Think about what Sanji said to Usopp before he sent him off in chapter 414.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

and your also basically saying is that you can't accept someone is strong unless they win the battle with brute strength and don't kid around

Usopp may use other ways to win but he does still win

Usopp Spell he used because he knew it would keep Enel busy obviously, what effect could shooting a man made of lighting have possibly had? using his best weapon indeed

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris
    We do understand what you are saying, and we are disagreeing.
    Usopp is never going to be like Zoro, and thank goodness, we don't need two Zoros. Just appreciate the characters for who they are, not what you want them to be. Think about what Sanji said to Usopp before he sent him off in chapter 414.
    and I didnt mean he would be like him personality wise but I mean in a battle

and oh yea that but I think fighting isnt something that usopp cant do, he has the capacity he just needs motivation to become strong, in which he is getting ALL THE DAMN TIME yet I never see him get any better, I mean I thought for sure he would get better after that scene with daddy and shooting the wind thingy

gah maybe I should give up on this ranting about him, but the INTIRE series I have been waiting for him to just make his own rifle and get awesome, but maybe Oda has absolutely no plans in making him a fighter, maybe that what franky will be, there to pick up the slack for the lack of a ranged fighter

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

and your also basically saying is that you can't accept someone is strong unless they win the battle with brute strength and don't kid around

Usopp may use other ways to win but he does still win

Usopp Spell he used because he knew it would keep Enel busy obviously, what effect could shooting a man made of lighting have possibly had? using his best weapon indeed
    yea ok in the skypiea arc but what about now, what about fighting someone like Jyabura?

幸せについて本気出して考えてみた!!

He did make himself a new weapon or are you just blind

Usopp hasn't gotten his time to shine yet Sanji fought Jyabura

Closed Thread

Thread Information