+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: top question about one piece i have been trying to figure out!!!

Default top question about one piece i have been trying to figure out!!!

you i got a few questions here and there about one piece that may have been anwsered but i am dying to know the anwsers my self. anyway i got about 3 and thats it.

1. luffys body
    i know luffy ate the gum gum fruit and it gave him the ablity to strech and all that, yada yada yada. but what i don't get is his body is not like gum or not so how come when he gets peirced in the chest or abominal by someone how he can have no scars on his body later on. this man has gotten a giant hook ran through him by crocodile and it got to the point where blood was being replaced by water which ment one of his orgns had to have been torn for that to happen. yet you see him in the skypeia arc and he has no type of scar on him...wtf?? the same goes for when he got stabeed by lucci's shigun and thrown out of a building. the scar disapared along with the break in the vest he had. what gives? does the devil fruit have like an ablity that can regenerate all scars and what not but scars that were given before they ate the fruit stay(thats what i assume after i saw lucci had the bullet marks on his back) and to mention it didn't nico robin get stabed by crodile through the chest and she has no marks for what i see...

2.dragon and his motives
    dragon only appered like once in the entier manga and he seems to take great intrest in luffys goals and ambitions. and since he is a revolutionay would we see him in a little later time since the world goverment is basicly being toppled by the pirates at the moment. it seems he wants something more to overthrow the government

3. jaguwar D. saul supposed "death"
    many people have been saying that he has died since the ohara incident but the attack AO kiji seems to use on saul was the ice time capsul or something like that, wasn't it? wouldn't it be like he was frozen for the moment and could still very much be alive after/if the ice thawed out?

thats about it for today
    sorry to take up your time

xDarkMaster

Default Re: top question about one piece i have been trying to figure out!!!

1 Because it's an anime, it doesn't have to be very realistic.

2 What's the question?

3 Just because some animals can survive being frozen, doesn't b=mean all of them can. Using your logic there could still me mammoths alive out there, frozen...

Revan

1. The wtaer was from the pot that Luffy brought form Yuba....

By the way, his body is rubber, not "gum like". I know they say "Gum Gum", but it has also been stated that his body is rubber.
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

luffy didn't eat the "gum gum" fruit. he ate the "gomu gomu" fruit. gomu=rubber in japanese.

ooshi78
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

3. jaguwar D. saul supposed "death"
    many people have been saying that he has died since the ohara incident but the attack AO kiji seems to use on saul was the ice time capsul or something like that, wasn't it? wouldn't it be like he was frozen for the moment and could still very much be alive after/if the ice thawed out?
    Notice how the Strawhats were very hasty about unthawing Robin in Volume 34.....thats because in reality you DIE when your frozen.
    Even moreso when your frozen body is on an island thats being incinerated.

Not to mention frostbite.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Even if Saul was alive when he was forzen, the island was being obliterated. He would have died either way.

of the Animator Pirates Jirogomi's Avatar

Then again, according to recent scientific discoveries, there may be some hope for Saul fans:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2312860.html

Xetalimn_Erket

Quote Originally Posted by Jirogomi
    Then again, according to recent scientific discoveries, there may be some hope for Saul fans:
    Most rational scientists laugh at that sort of talk, as a Woolly Mammoth could not possibly survive on the modern Planet Earth. Ask yourself...where would it live? It's shaggy coat, rugged hide, and huge mass are all dominant traits for its species, so it needs to be somewhere cold-VERY COLD. However, the mammoths are also, at the fundamental level, ELEPHANTS, which means they need to eat tons and tons of food to survive.

The only option for those Mammoths would be to live on the North Pole, the South Pole, various Tundra or maybe Boreal Forests (Taiga). They would eat all the Boreal Forests and starve and NOTHING grows in Tundras.

If you want a real "reverse extinction" story, look up the Quagga Restoration Project.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by the drifter
    you i got a few questions here and there about one piece that may have been anwsered but i am dying to know the anwsers my self. anyway i got about 3 and thats it.

1. luffys body
    i know luffy ate the gum gum fruit and it gave him the ablity to strech and all that, yada yada yada. but what i don't get is his body is not like gum or not so how come when he gets peirced in the chest or abominal by someone how he can have no scars on his body later on. this man has gotten a giant hook ran through him by crocodile and it got to the point where blood was being replaced by water which ment one of his orgns had to have been torn for that to happen. yet you see him in the skypeia arc and he has no type of scar on him...wtf?? the same goes for when he got stabeed by lucci's shigun and thrown out of a building. the scar disapared along with the break in the vest he had. what gives? does the devil fruit have like an ablity that can regenerate all scars and what not but scars that were given before they ate the fruit stay(thats what i assume after i saw lucci had the bullet marks on his back) and to mention it didn't nico robin get stabed by crodile through the chest and she has no marks for what i see...
    Actually I agree with you on this one, at least show a few scars or something on Luffy, hell even Zoro has that big arse slash across his chest.

Maybe there is something that allows Devil Fruit Users to heal faster then normal people of course we are trying to apply our laws of physics onto a world where people can eat an pinnapple and etc and gain the abilities to do amazing things.

Plus in the One Piece world, the land masses have shifted to a point of a giant plus sign and there is a strip of ocean around the world where each island in said strip has it's own gravity. To apply actual logic to anime in general is just a headache.
    ---now accepting applications for crew membership---
    ---send Mr. Death a private message for information---

Whoaa!!!!!!!!! that's an AWESOME avatar Jirogomi.

sorry, just had to say that! :)
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_green_samurai_ranger
    Actually I agree with you on this one, at least show a few scars or something on Luffy, hell even Zoro has that big arse slash across his chest.

Maybe there is something that allows Devil Fruit Users to heal faster then normal people of course we are trying to apply our laws of physics onto a world where people can eat an pinnapple and etc and gain the abilities to do amazing things.

Plus in the One Piece world, the land masses have shifted to a point of a giant plus sign and there is a strip of ocean around the world where each island in said strip has it's own gravity. To apply actual logic to anime in general is just a headache.
    that is what i was thinking, zoro had that massive scar on his chest from his duel with mihawk. so why didn't luffy get one from croc or lucci. and about gum gum and gomu gomu i just said gum gum cause i am a lazy individual who was in a rash at that moment. the second question was suppose to be something like did dragon know all along that something like this would happen involing luffy and the world govenment and thats why he helped him escape from louge town?and i kinda agreewith everyone on saul thing now. just got carried away

Quote Originally Posted by freedom
    Whoaa!!!!!!!!! that's an AWESOME avatar Jirogomi.

sorry, just had to say that! :)
    and I totally agree with this O_O

But I'll add more to the topic.

Yes this bothers me too, that Luffy heals quickly and maraculous..miracle... well quickly. and I also wondered where the whole in his clothes went and so on. What bugs me the most is something I noticed they do in the manga a lot at least. Like when Arlong bit Luffy's arm, in the pages to follow there was no marks... but toward the end of the arc, the wound was back again O_o

Oddly enough though, he still has the scar under his eye XD
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Quote Originally Posted by Jirogomi
    What? So they're going to take Saul's sperm? What would that do?
    Thus concludes my

Quote Originally Posted by Xetalimn_Erket
    Most rational scientists laugh at that sort of talk, as a Woolly Mammoth could not possibly survive on the modern Planet Earth. Ask yourself...where would it live? It's shaggy coat, rugged hide, and huge mass are all dominant traits for its species, so it needs to be somewhere cold-VERY COLD. However, the mammoths are also, at the fundamental level, ELEPHANTS, which means they need to eat tons and tons of food to survive.

The only option for those Mammoths would be to live on the North Pole, the South Pole, various Tundra or maybe Boreal Forests (Taiga). They would eat all the Boreal Forests and starve and NOTHING grows in Tundras.

If you want a real "reverse extinction" story, look up the Quagga Restoration Project.
    I don't think anyone quoted in the article is thinking about repopulating the planet with woolly mammoths. It's more like bringing a woolly mammoth back to life, and keeping it alive in a controlled environment, perhaps as a zoo exhibit or something. As long as it's scientifically possible to bring a woolly mammoth back to life, then I don't see any problem with that, at least where technical feasibility is concerned. The ethics of it however... I suppose that's an open question.

invincible demonic skull Porter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster
    1 Because it's an anime, it doesn't have to be very realistic.

2 What's the question?

3 Just because some animals can survive being frozen, doesn't b=mean all of them can. Using your logic there could still me mammoths alive out there, frozen...
    The points 1 and 3 are quite conflicting.

I like the idea about Saulo being still alive.
    I didn't notice the name of Aokiji's attack. He might be a "nice" guy after all, and just froze Saulo to transport him to Impel Down.

I need settei pre of Smoker's Billower Bike, if anyone got these:
    please PM me the link. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Porter
    The points 1 and 3 are quite conflicting.

I like the idea about Saulo being still alive.
    I didn't notice the name of Aokiji's attack. He might be a "nice" guy after all, and just froze Saulo to transport him to Impel Down.
    Look.....
    He'd have frostbite on every inch of his body.
    And you know what has to be done to frost bitten body parts?

AMPUTATION

What i dont get is how you get a waepon to eat/absorb a deavils fruit. I mean we have seen the results with spandams swordelefhant and the dog i Alabasta. We saw that when Kaku and Calipha ate the fruit one of them used a fork and knife to eat. And still they got the abillity.

(sorry for spelling :/)

Quote Originally Posted by ooshi78
    luffy didn't eat the "gum gum" fruit. he ate the "gomu gomu" fruit. gomu=rubber in japanese.
    I once heard someone say that gum is a possible translation of gomu. Besides, the English version uses "gum gum", which as far as I'm concerned is as valid a name as "gomu gomu".

I expect Dragon has either become a forgotten character (unlikely) or more will be developed in the future. Who knows. Perhaps after the Strawhats' attack on the World Government he'll approach them again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information