+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post AMVs YOU made

MrWonx

Default Post AMVs YOU made

This is fresh in my head cause I'm currently working on one, but what are you guy's thoughts on Anime Music Video's? Generally speaking, what should be the devotion time? Are there too many Linkin Park / Offspring / Evanessence songs? Is Windows Movie Maker killing AMV's by overpopulating them, or is it a possitive step in their popularity?

Of course, everyone will bring up using the Subs for amv's, and how annoying they are, but I downloaded a amv from animemusicvideos.org, and in the description, this person described how he only had Movie Maker and the subs, and how one of the members of the site taught him a trick on how to get rid of the subs.

What you do is, when you've completed the AMV, you put another layer above the previous layers, and insert a transparent gif or png that is a black bar on top and on bottom that acts as almost an instant Widescreen. Thus covering over your text, while keeping it look normal.

Also - Forty Dollar Productions "Dizzy" is the best OP AMV out there . . .

Dizzy was alright. There are better ones.

I made 2 AMVs that I showed the public cause they were decent thanks to Windows Movie Maker.

Arlong Arc using the song Faint (I gotta remake with raws (needs DVD rips))
    Skypiea Arc using the song Black Flys

Off With Their Heads! Seta Ginny's Avatar
    Rurouni between New Jersey, New York, and Maryland

I LOOOOVE Dizzy. It's one of my fav OP vids ever. I also love Bishounen Stalker's Eternal Promise, and..I forget the creator, but it's to the Foo Fighter's Everlong, about Zoro and Kuina.

Time devotion...that varies from person to person. The last video I finished was technically in production for a year and a half x_X My video before that took maybe a few months, can't remember. But I'm a college student with limited time, so I do things in spurts. There's no "right or wrong" amount of time to take.

As for "Are there too many of this song?" ...I say do what ever you want. *shrugs* You can take a song that's been used to death, and STILL do something new and creative that no one else has done with it before. My friend Meri recently made a non- OP video to Hoobastank's The Reason...A popular and probably over used song - but her video to it kicks ass and is very creative.

I also say...as far as WMM goes...everyone has to start somewhere. I personally started with two VCRs and the mute button, before moving on to Adobe Premiere many years later. It's not so much the program, IMHO, it's what you do with it, and how well you tell your story with it.

I personally use the bar trick using photoshop and Adobe Premiere...and I as I more recently learned, I can crop them with AVI synth. It works well enough...but I might eventually rip EGX's DVDs for better quality stuff with no subs.

My only released One Piece video so far is The Navigator and the Swordsman...which...BTW...thank you to everyone who's supporting it in the animemusicvideos.org VCA contests. I still can't believe people actually like it o.o

I have a ton of ideas for AMVs, but I can't figure out how to get clips.
    I tried making a timed power-point slideshow with music, it came out alright but it was clearly a power-point slideshow and not an AMV.

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

So far I've made one video that I'm not releasing yet 'cause I need to redo it with raw footage. But overall I'm pretty pleased with it for a first effort. I did it in Windows Media Maker, since it's the only program I have access to at the moment.

And so far I haven't found a whole lot of OP music vids that I really really like, but there are a few really well-done ones. SetaGinny's video is good, as well as "Captain Hampton"and "Mein Herz Gehort Dir". "Dizzy" is a fun one too. ;)

--Bevin
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Hmmm, I don't follow the relaease of AMV that much but if it concerns One Piece it should be interesting :D

Anyone know or have suggestion about One Piece AMV that involves Luffy's crew (all 7 of them) or that involves the gals of One Piece? :lol:
    They accepted her when no one would
    They believed her when no one would
    They defended her when no one would
    Now, Nico Robin will sacrifice her life & dream to protect those who have called her NAKAMA

Off With Their Heads! Seta Ginny's Avatar
    Rurouni between New Jersey, New York, and Maryland

Originally posted by Knight@Feb 15 2005, 08:06 AM
    Anyone know or have suggestion about One Piece AMV that involves Luffy's crew (all 7 of them) or that involves the gals of One Piece? :lol:
    [snapback]3022[/snapback]
    Many of them ^_^* I mean...unless it's a character profile, they usually do include most of the main characters. It really depends on the story the person is trying to tell. As for one with the girls of One Piece..uh, probably Dizzy is the closest thing. It's about Sanji liking girls...if that counts.

Oh thank you for the suggestion Seta Ginny. Much appreciated :)
    They accepted her when no one would
    They believed her when no one would
    They defended her when no one would
    Now, Nico Robin will sacrifice her life & dream to protect those who have called her NAKAMA

I had one idea for a One Piece AMV. It involves using screenshots of Villians doing evil things with the song "I'm an asshole" by Denis Learly playing while they are doing said evil deeds.

There is one part that is just perfect for Crocodile and it goes like this: "I walk around in the summertime saying "How about this heat?!""

But public interest disappeared...well, that and I have no idea how to do any of that AMV stuff.
    Sometimes, a dead woman is a dead woman. Sometimes a giant black gorilla is just a giant black gorilla.

Stop reading into every little thing.

Odd, I don't think I've ever downloaded a One Piece AMV.

Any suggestions on where to start?

I want Final Cut XP.. But can I get it? Noo.. Well... probably not.. I don't think it exist for windows.. Anyone know if it does?

..::<3::..

Originally posted by Battle Franky@Feb 15 2005, 07:44 AM
    Odd, I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever downloaded a One Piece AMV.

Any suggestions on where to start?
    [snapback]3151[/snapback]
    I&#39;d suggest Captain Hampton, that&#39;s a good, solid video, it&#39;s fun, and very well-edited. I don&#39;t know the name of the group that did it, though, I&#39;d have to go look it up on AMV.org.

--Bevin
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Yeah, Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates is great. :lol: I love the Aquabats, too.
    There was another short, funny AMV that I saw that used the song "Sky Pirates" from Disney&#39;s Tale Spin. It&#39;s called "Blunder and Lightening".

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

MrWonx

Theirs a couple really good ones out there. For one of my favorite action ones, go to animemusicvideos.org and look up "When Pirates Eat". It&#39;s uses Movie 4 footage. I really did quite like the "Navigator and the Swordsman" video, but there is always one good video done to a song by a certain group, and then "cop-outs" follow.

AMV&#39;s are what got me into One Piece to begin with. The first time I ever encountered it was with the Animix Project - someone had used Movie 3 in the second part of the Animix, and I went seeking it out. I then found Captain Hampton and Dizzy done by Fourty Dollar, and I was hooked and bought the HK subs. Then I made a site, blah blah blah, 4kids suck, blah blah blah, end up here.

Te best place to find a surplus of video&#39;s is animemusicvideos.org; just use the super search, One Piece under Anime.

This thread has Seta Ginny written all over it. I actually downloaded one of her vids before the establishment of AP. Great job with that&#33;

I&#39;d like to do a vid but too busy. Always thought a good OP vid would have the ending Spanish song from Kill Bill basically do character profiles from like Baroque Works to Skypiea. You can do stuff like, "Mr. 5, 6, 7, 8 as themselves" and "Ms. All Sunday aka Nico Robin", like they do during the credits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by GunMetal: Reloaded@Feb 15 2005, 11:22 PM
    This thread has Seta Ginny written all over it.┬* I actually downloaded one of her vids before the establishment of AP.┬* Great job with that&#33;
    Yeah, I was about to say is it. That video is awesome, good work and thank you.

JEECE

there&#39;s some here
    http://www.amv4all.com/index.php?page=downamv&session=
    click on &#39;&#39;t├ęl├ęcharger&#39;&#39; to download

Duck2Soup

it was actually an amv to AFI - Last Caress (which i dont think dythim has that on his server) that i watched that made me want to go dl and watch one piece

i had had it for qute a while then when i finally got broadband in march of 2004 i went and downloaded 1- the current at the time and had a marathon watching

since then i been around for each release

All I know is that if I ever make a OP AMV, it&#39;d be Luffy vs. Foxy: Eye of the Tiger

xD Captain Hampton is great. Here&#39;s some of my favorites:

The Kuro Arc: The song choice is awsome. O___O If you favor Usopp/Kaya you should see this one.

Nami&#39;s Pain: Another great song choice. PERFECT song for Arlong. (and I swear I&#39;ve heard that song before&#33;&#33; Where.... some movie....)

Anyway, these can be found at AMV.org. I&#39;d like to make a video one day. :P

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information