+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Post AMVs YOU made

Bevin, you rock my socks (so I wear sandals :lol: ) *GETS WIERD LOOKS*. Seriously, I love your AMV's (My fave is "To Die For").

The Mystery is Solved Son Conan's Avatar

Oh, WOW...That was fantastic, Bevin. Good work!
    Te quise tanto que supe entregarte enterita mi alma
    Te quise tanto que nunca escuche lo que hablaban de m
    Te quise tanto que para olvidarte una vida no alcanza, que queda
    Perder la esperanza de andar por el mundo buscando por t.

SolarKnight-- Socks with sandals? Hope they aren't black, at any rate. ;) Thanks, though, I'm glad you like my videos, especially "To Die For", I worked hard on all of them so I'm glad they turned out well. :)

Son Conan-- Thanks! :D I'm happy you like it.

--Bevin
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Red_XV

Bevin, which song did you use?
    I love orchetsrated music and that would be a great addittion to my collection ^_^
    You did an excellent job by the way

Discovered Stowaway

How do you upload videos? I got a few One Piece AMVs I made.

I'm making a video for every song in American Idiot. So far, I have 5 videos

Red-- The song is called "Escape" by Craig Armstrong, at least that's how it shows up in my playlist. It says it's from "The Patriot", but I've never seen it so I wouldn't know, it may have just been used in a preview for it or something. It was used as the trailer piece in "Romeo Must Die", as well, which is how I found it originally. But I do know it's by Armstrong and I'm pretty sure it's called "Escape".
    And thanks! :D

Volty-- I have a paid online website account which I use to upload most of my stuff into, but there are free ones you might be able to use (like Geocities, etc), but they always have very little avaiable bandwidth, so your site would probably be down a lot and they might even suspend your account if it happened too often. There's also the site http://www.animemusicvideos.org that will host videos for members and they're free to join; that way other people get more exposure to your work, too, so if that's what you want you might go with that option. ;)

--Bevin

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

Wow bevin, this is nice. The song was very dramatic and made me want to cry. Well that and the fact that the AMV made me remember the whole Alabasta arc which made me sad at some point.
    Aside from that it's awesome. I think I'll show it to my cousin, hopefully it'll make him want to watch the anime a little bit more.
    AMVs made us want to watch Flame of Recca after all. ^_^

Edit: Although I don't know if you can say/write "A people"
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

Well I'm not an English major so I don't know for sure, but it's one I've seen written and used in that context before, and my roommate's an English minor and she didn't have a problem with it. Gramatically it might not be correct, I really don't know, but it is used in places like here: http://www.archives.gov/exhibit_hall/a_peo...ple_at_war.html and here: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/aap/aapexhp.html so I don't think it's terribly off if it is. Thanks, though. :) And hey, thanks for the confidence in it making people want to watch the series, that's always nice to hear. ;)

--Bevin

Hirata Hiroaki's Fan xDD Rashie's Avatar

Really well done O______O I AM IMpressed!!
    Sanji: Nami Darling

Originally posted by bevin@Apr 14 2005, 08:17 PM
    SolarKnight-- Socks with sandals? Hope they aren't black, at any rate. ;)
    [snapback]30956[/snapback]
    It implies that I choose not to wear socks with shoes (hense sandals). It's wierd to explain jokes >_>.

Rashie-- Thank you! I'm glad I impressed you. :D

SK-- Sorry, I did get your joke, I was just making one of my own and it was pretty bad. ;)

--Bevin

I just didn't get it, that's all. ;)

Thumbs up

Ok, I have a question/problem. I was listening to a song and thought that it would make a great amv because of how well it fit a situation in OP and so I got an itch to make an amv. Well, my problem is that its all been done before and by people who actually know what they're doing. While mine may be a slightly different spin on it its still been done before and it will never be able to live up to the great videos that it will invariably be compared to. And does the world really need another Nami/Arlong Park amv? Its been done and done incredibly well.

Just this morning I had a terrible experience watching Dizzy for the first time. I had another idea going through my head that is too similar to Dizzy. The song I have is PERFECT but in the end I just can't imagine not hearing 'Hey, that reminds me of Dizzy, just not as good.' Of course I should have known there would be a great vid like that already. I do have another angle to go with on the song and it should still work without being the love-cook-love-fest. It may be better than my original plan even.

At least I don't have to worry about the songs I have in mind being used by anybody else. They aren't exactly regular radio fare. :D

Anyway, how do you get around the problem that there are already 200+ One Piece amvs out there and pretty much every good idea has already been done? Do you just not worry about it? Do you scrap ideas because somebody else has already done it? Opinions? Advice?

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

Hirata Hiroaki's Fan xDD Rashie's Avatar

I think you should use your idea, as long you don't make the video similar to Dizzy. Dizzy is an up beat song but since yours is not the same song as the author's, give it a try. (I am hungry for OP AMV and currently doing a SxN one, after I finished downloading all 231 episodes)

I am sure each of us doing AMVs can turn out to be different. We all uses the same episodes but different scenes, different sequences, different episode and most importantly, different songs for different scenerio. Although ideas can be the same, but the outturn is different. So why worry :D Don't tell me every special effect in the AMVs have the same timing as others. They are different, that's why they are unique.

Okay here's the picture. You are in a group of 5 people and is asked to draw a house. One of them drew it very nicely and the other was disencouraged of his drawing because the other guy had already finished the drawing and did it better. But what he lacks to know that his own design is a similiar theme but unique in its own works but yet to show it to others. Don't make AMV judgements by yourself, show it to us. We will give you our comments. :D

Your idea and the original Dizzy may not turn out to be the same. Give it a shot lad. I wanna see it. Good luck!
    Sanji: Nami Darling

Mugi-kun

Hi, people.

I just finished an One Piece AMV about the Alabasta Arc, just as bevin´s(nice one, bevin. :) ), and would like to see what you guys think of it. I like the anime very much, and this AMV is full of "fan feeling" or something like that... :P

I´ll put the direct link in this post, but if someone here is registred in AMV.org, please leave an opinion there.

So, hope you guys enjoy it.

http://kero.animemusicvideos.org/pancake/d...a%20Studios.wmv

:mellow: Wow. That's on bevin's caliber (in other words realy good!).

Mr Anderson, How Amusing thelousy's Avatar

awesome! great job!
    Signature removed by Pepsi. (I was Pepsified. xD)

I definately have to add on to all of the love for Captain Hampton, especially since I met the guy who made it at a convention a couple years back before I saw any of his videos, and he's an awesome guy. Another one I wanted to mention that I haven't seen posted here:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/me...nfo.php?v=31804

It's an AMV of Movie 4 that a friend of mine found a long time ago and so far it's been my favorite One Piece AMV. Plus it's the main reason why I'm so pumped for K-F being right on the edge of releasing Movie 4.

I have a question for those of you who have made AMVs before - When you make your clips, do you save them as .avi files first?

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

Aww Vilda you bumped a perfectly old thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information