+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Post AMVs YOU made

Hehe, I saw Trans-siberian Orchestra live last December. I'm not which song that is, though (the file's a bit too big to download from here). I don't think they've had any songs in movies.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

TSO is great stuff.

Anyhoo, could someone try to explain how I get clips? I have Windows Movie Maker.

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

I don't have zip which sucks cause I really want to download some of the other amv's (half I've saved on the computer were from animemusicvideos.org, in mpegs).

I can barely download anything these days because I don't have zip ;___;

mmm... yolko love (eggyxeggy). warning: don't cook them.

Originally posted by VildaHawk@Feb 26 2005, 06:51 AM
    Anyhoo, could someone try to explain how I get clips? I have Windows Movie Maker.
    [snapback]7429[/snapback]
    There might be an easier way to do it, but I just go to File in the taskbar and go down to Import Into Collections. That'll make a new "collection" for that episode, movie, etc and automatically make it into clips.

--Bevin
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Originally posted by bevin+Feb 26 2005, 12:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bevin &#064; Feb 26 2005, 12:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-VildaHawk@Feb 26 2005, 06:51 AM
    [snapback]7429[/snapback]
    There might be an easier way to do it, but I just go to File in the taskbar and go down to Import Into Collections. That&#39;ll make a new "collection" for that episode, movie, etc and automatically make it into clips.

--Bevin
    [snapback]7497[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

The taskbar in Movie Maker, or when I&#39;m playing the episode?

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

JEECE

there&#39;s some AMV here too
    http://www.ocean-pie.com/index.php?type=amv

Originally posted by VildaHawk@Feb 26 2005, 01:11 PM
    The taskbar in Movie Maker, or when I&#39;m playing the episode?
    [snapback]7575[/snapback]
    In Movie Maker. You&#39;re importing the episode into the editing program, basically, so everything you&#39;ll be doing will be in Movie Maker. You don&#39;t need to play the episode unless you want to see which one it is or to look for a certain scene. :)

--Bevin

Sorry for the double post, but considering it&#39;s been a while since my last post, I didn&#39;t think people would mind too much.

Okay. I am trying really hard to make another video with my extremely crappy Windows Movie Maker program and I&#39;ve run into yet another problem with it. I need to cut a large section out of the song I&#39;m using but I can&#39;t seem to do it with any of the programs I have, does anyone have suggestions for something that would allow me to do this?

Also, does anyone have any idea how I could get a couple of sections of dialogue from the video clips to be audible over the music without having to have the entire audio set that way? Meaning, is there any way I can keep the music dominant over the video audio track except in a few parts? I&#39;ve seen other videos done like that but I cannot for the life of me figure it out in this program. I&#39;m guessing I&#39;d probably need a different one to be able to do it, but I guess it never hurts to ask, anyway.

Thanks in advance, this video is eating my brain right now and nothing I can find online is helping me.

--Bevin

I remember there were a few parody OP AMV&#39;s out there like that FAmily Guy one or the Blunder and Lightining one....

Here are some ideas for you guy and gals for songs :rolleyes: :

http://ap.animemedia.org/index.php?showtopic=1011

Originally posted by bevin@Apr 10 2005, 03:54 AM
    Sorry for the double post, but considering it&#39;s been a while since my last post, I didn&#39;t think people would mind too much.

Okay. I am trying really hard to make another video with my extremely crappy Windows Movie Maker program and I&#39;ve run into yet another problem with it. I need to cut a large section out of the song I&#39;m using but I can&#39;t seem to do it with any of the programs I have, does anyone have suggestions for something that would allow me to do this?
    [snapback]27701[/snapback]
    I use GoldWave for editing audio. Easy to use and it doesn&#39;t scream for money too often. You can grab it here.
    I can&#39;t give you any suggestions for the other problem, though. I can&#39;t even find my old video editing software and the windows one is just plain foreign to me.

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

I was going to pimp Captain Hampton, because I&#39;m a big Aquabats fan and I just saw it a few weeks ago, not to mention it&#39;s pretty hilarious and syncs up very well, but it seems i&#39;m too late... Cool.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Just sort of an FYI.
    If you are interested Adobe has free 30 day trials of just about everything they release available for download from here. I also think that if you know how to use Windows restore under XP that you can keep re-installing it. Not positive on that one, but I think that it works (it does with enough other programs).
    If I ever get motivated enough to do the amv I have mentally scripted I&#39;ll definitely be using Premier and After Effects so even if the idea is relatively old and done to death I can still have a professional looking video (and I definitely plan on using them when I produce my storm chasing video :P ).
    Anyway, thought you guys might be interested.

normyk's chocolate blog!

I love Captain Hampton.
    EGX&#39;s Blackflys AMV was the one that started me downloading raws.
    Thnx man.

Red_XV

"Cleaning up the oceans, Captain Hampton and his crew&#33; Trouble in the seven seas? He&#39;ll know what to do&#33; Captain, he hates rubbish. To him pirates are just soot&#33; Scally wags and scurvy dogs are crushed under his foot&#33; Camptain Hampton, ahoy ahoy&#33; Pillaging the pillagers triumphantly he&#39;ll sail away ayyy ayyyyyyy&#33;&#33;"

That&#39;s the only One Piece AMV that I like better than Ginny&#39;s.

Normyk-- Thanks so much for all your reccomendations, you&#39;re a life saver. :) And I would LOVE to use Adobe Premiere but I am far from tech-savvy with my stuff and if the renew thingie didn&#39;t work I&#39;d have to go back to using Movie Maker (which is making that little vein in my head pulse like a... something gross) and I just don&#39;t think I could do it. So I&#39;m just saving myself the disappointment for now until I can afford to part with &#036;700 for a program. :(

Anyway, I (temporarily) finished that new vid I was working on and figured I&#39;d show it off. Still has subtitles (not much I can do about it right now, though), and some of the editing got a little screwy because, as I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll notice, some of the clips started corrupting or something so they jump a little. So I was trying to edit the jumps out and my timing got messed up and I had to re-edit large sections of the video and then other ones kept corrupting and it was never ending, so instead of killing everything in the whole world I decided to call it done, odd edits and all. Whew&#33; So yeah, pardon the occassional weirdness and I hope you like it.

http://wenchpress.com/bevin/vids/alabastarough2.wmv

--Bevin

excuse my language, but
    FUCKING STUNNING&#33;
    Very nicely done bevin&#33; The music feels so epic and really fits the mood. I can see what you meant about the weird edits and timing but I think its great.
    Its, umm.... 4am your time? Get some sleep&#33;
    I gotta watch this again before I go to work.
    Oh, and there is an open source vid edit tool that they are working on which, once it stops crashing every time I try to feed it anything from KF, looks like it will be very nice.

normyk's chocolate blog!

Thanks, Normy, I appreciate it&#33; (Wow, I get green lettering, even, I feel special. ;)) And bless Craig Armstrong and his amazingly dramatic musical scores, hooray&#33;

Eh, I&#39;m a night owl, I&#39;m usually up this late anyway. ;) And yeah, those jumpy bits were driving me bananas, I&#39;ve been working on them for the past three days but more just kept cropping up. I really hate this program. But that new one you were talking about sounds interesting, as soon as you get it to work let me know where I can get a copy. ;)

--Bevin

... Awesome. Just fucking awesome. That was... spectacular.

The music was so haunting, and the scenes were so well-chosen. I got chills near the end of it. Like normyk said, FUCKING STUNNING is the only way to really describe it. You&#39;ve done it again, like I knew you would. Excellent work, Miss Bevin.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

Thanks, Anderson, I appreciate it&#33; I&#39;m glad the scenes I chose were good, I had quite a lot to chose from and I didn&#39;t want to give away the really good parts, so it was tricky. ;) And hey, thanks for the faith in my abilities, too. .... I should really do a comedy at some point, all my videos are dramatic. ;)

--Bevin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information