Closed Thread
Page 1 of 501 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Default Fairy Tail

From the creator of Rave Master.

It's sad how much it looks like One Piece really.
    Last edited by Advent`; August 3rd, 2006 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Fairy Tale = One Piece rip off?

Didn't the creator of Rave Master work along side Oda as an assistant under Nobuhiro Watsuki? At least that's what I read once when someone compared these two's art style.

I'm sorry but your pulling stuff out of your butt here. The main guy looks nearly like Haru from rave,the "zoro" look alike looks alot more like Ichigo from bleach. The blonde chick looks like the main lead from rave. The white hair chick and the big guy, how the hell is that supposed to work. Those look nothing like Ussop and Chopper, unless you want to switch big nose with big boobs? Gasp! a main character that eats alot, that's been around since toriyama. Looks more to me that he is using the same design and style of his previous work, Rave.

Quote Originally Posted by King Calamari
    Didn't the creator of Rave Master work along side Oda as an assistant under Nobuhiro Watsuki? At least that's what I read once when someone compared these two's art style.
    No I think (enter rave's manga ka name here) said that he jumped right to a manga-ka and to an assitant.

Also what is plue doing in that fairy tale manga. Also whats it about. It's look intresting. I loved rave so this might be fun as well.

Also I dont really think its a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by WeAllEatFood
    I'm sorry but your pulling stuff out of your butt here. The main guy looks nearly like Haru from rave,the "zoro" look alike looks alot more like Ichigo from bleach. The blonde chick looks like the main lead from rave. The white hair chick and the big guy, how the hell is that supposed to work. Those look nothing like Ussop and Chopper, unless you want to switch big nose with big boobs? Gasp! a main character that eats alot, that's been around since toriyama. Looks more to me that he is using the same design and style of his previous work, Rave.
    FYI, I didn't put the names on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent`
    FYI, I didn't put the names on there.

Uuuuuhhhhh then why did you post the picture? You made it seem like it was your point...

What is this manga about.

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    No I think (enter rave's manga ka name here) said that he jumped right to a manga-ka and to an assitant.
    I read somewhere that Hiro Mashima went straight into making manga.

Also what is plue doing in that fairy tale manga. Also whats it about. It's look intresting. I loved rave so this might be fun as well.
    Same here.

Also I dont really think its a rip off.
    I think I can possibly see some simularities between the characters, but when I saw the "Chopper", I thought more of Smoker. The "Sanji" looks like a merger of Haru and Musica from Rave Master, the "Nami" makes me think more of a blond haired Elie (like someone already said this), and I agree that the Zoro looks more like Ichigo than Zoro.

However if he has perhaps borrowed an idea or two from Oda, why is that a bad thing? After all, both Oda and Masashi Kishimoto borrowed ideas from Akira. If anything, I feel Hiro is honouring Oda's work by possibly borrowing a few ideas.

Another interpritation of the image.

A few people at 4chan have called it Bleach Piece.

I don't think it's a ripoff but I gotta say I can definately see the similarites. But it looks somewhat intresting (couldn't really get into to Rave Master). I may have to give this Bleach Piece series a try. What is the story about?

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

I'm guessing this has something to do with mercenaries (hence the Mercenary wanted posters). That latest pic seems much more reasonable than the first pic.

Damn, they used my simple idea for mercenaries before I got to . Oh well, do these characters have powers or is this fairly realistic. Also, are there any English scanlation of this series?

Fairy Tale looks inspiring, will someone tell what's the story about?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

I don't think it's a ripoff, it's just that whatshisname has a very similair style to Oda, you could already see that in Rave. It's the way he draws, it looks a lot like Oda's, so what? Of course some characters will look like some others, if the drawing style is so similair...
    Ever wondered why there so many OP characters that just happen to look like other OP characters?
    It's the same with every manga...just look at Inuyasha, which also features, at least by their looks, all the characters we liked in Ranma and I wouldn't say Takahashi was ripping off herself or something like that.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

Anybody know the story of this series yet? I see some potential in this Fairy Tail series. Hopefully it will be good.

Wow I do see the similarities, but that chicks got nothing on Robin.
    Looks interesting. I might check it out sometime.

Yeah, the art looks a lot like Oda's, but the characters themselves have nothing to do with One Piece ones. That's quite retarded comparisons they're making here.

The art looks nothing like Oda's sure it has an array of people and creatures, but Oda doesn't use sharp lines anywhere near to Hiro's degree.

it does look similar to Oda's work... but there's nothing wrong with that, i wouldn't say its a rip off (if it is, then most anime is a ripoff of another since there are TONS that look like the same cookie-cutter bs)

if anything, Oda coulda been an inspiration for the artist...?

besides, this looks interesting, i do like the character designs so far

I just read the chapter. It's pretty interesting. KEFI might pick it up as a new project :) (Will I be able to handle it?)

Closed Thread

Thread Information