+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Now that Gear 2nd is explained...

Default Re: Now that Gear 2nd is explained...

Instead of increasing the stregnth of his old attacks ( altering them to make the stronger, as igetownd mentioned), perhaps he will mix his attacks more ( like he using Balloon and Gattling Gun to create Storm).

If he does mix moves, the most power (and perhaps dangerous to not only his opponent, but himself as well) would be a Gumo Gumo No Storm while in Gear Second with Gear 3 in both arms.

Although, can he use Gear 3 in both arms? He creates a small puncture in his thumb by biting it, then blows air into that arm. Of course, he can't keep it within that arm because, if he did, it would all just blow back out threw the hole he created. I guess it could be possible to have Gear 3 in both arms if he could close the small puncture hole somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitotsumami
    Although, can he use Gear 3 in both arms? He creates a small puncture in his thumb by biting it, then blows air into that arm. Of course, he can't keep it within that arm because, if he did, it would all just blow back out threw the hole he created. I guess it could be possible to have Gear 3 in both arms if he could close the small puncture hole somehow.
    I don't think we know the extent of the power of Gear 3 yet to know if he can inflate two limbs at a time, etc.

Well maybe if he bit his lip then blew hard enough into that...he could transfer the air into his arms?..or he could have super lips..take a bite out of lucci...or smother him ewwww man on man

Why does this keep happening?

Gear 3 is not Luffy biting his finger and blowing into the wound. Have you ever blown into an open wound and seen your skin inflate? OR have you started hemorrhaging because you're blowing into an open bleeding wound?

If we study Popey and Mr Fantastic (of the fantastic 4 series) we notice that:
    When a hero wishes to make his villain go flying in a very cartoony manner with the villain dissapearing into the sky he must
    -Place finger in his mouth
    -Close mouth around finger
    -Begin blowing air from inside heroes body onto finger
    -The finger acts as a cork thus the air backflows back into the body
    -For cartoon logical/elastic body reasons the body then expands
    -The expanded body can then be redirected to the arms
    -And the arms full of air somehow react like steroid filled muscle man arms
    Result = The villain goes flying.

Luffy does not blow air into an open wound he creates by biting on his finger..

I just thought that Luffy was just blowing though....however, it seems he bites though...... just like blowing up a rubber ball....... if there is no holes, how are you going go blow yourself up?
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by Refii

Gear 3 is not Luffy biting his finger and blowing into the wound. Have you ever blown into an open wound and seen your skin inflate? OR have you started hemorrhaging because you're blowing into an open bleeding wound?

When a hero wishes to make his villain go flying in a very cartoony manner with the villain dissapearing into the sky he must

Why would he create a cork with his thumb when he could just use Gum Gumo No Balloon and get the same effect?

Also, when he uses Gear 3, you can see the air enters in the arm of the thumb he blows in. If it goes the way you say it, then we should first see the air fill up in his stomach. But we don't. We see it fill in the arm of the thumb he blew the air into.

Look if you haven't seen Popey or Mr Fantastic do it it's too much trouble to explain, and I'm too lazy for that shit.

If he is blowing air into an open wound then Oda is a freaking moron because that's about as ridiculous as crap can get, not only would it go against physics (which it does now) but it would go against the circulatory system which seeks an escape during an open wound thus would cause him to leave a huge stretched out opening into the inside of his body by biting into his thumb and we could see into his bone/veins.
    Whatever when Oda explains it, he'll explain it.

Also, why would he bite his thumb at all if he was just going to use it as a cork?

I haven't seen Mr. Fantastic do that before.

But Popeye is the worst analogy to make if you want a logical explanation.

Read the Onslaught series, he pumps up his muscles there the same way, except it's full body.

And popey is the same thing, not an analogy, but a comparison of equals.

For me it was more like Warner/Hanna Barbera cartoons blowing their thumbs to make their hands bigger and stronger.
    baka^ni

Read the Onslaught series, he pumps up his muscles there the same way, except it's full body.

And popey is the same thing, not an analogy, but a comparison of equals.
    The problem with saying Popeye and Luffy are equal is the fact that Popeye is not a rubber man.

Anyway, I don't have access to Marvel or DC comics so I can't read the Fantastic 4.

If Luffy were just using his thumb as a cork, how on earth would the air be getting into his bones? That just be retarded. Of course biting into his thumb bone and inflating that, then being able to redirect the air through other bones isn't much better.

Redirecting the air in his bones does make some sense. He just flexes certain muscles to push the air someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Volfied
    If Luffy were just using his thumb as a cork, how on earth would the air be getting into his bones? That just be retarded. Of course biting into his thumb bone and inflating that, then being able to redirect the air through other bones isn't much better.
    this is what I'd like to know... how does he get the air into his bones?... that .. is just plain nuts.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Apparently, Luffy blows air into his thumb through his skin and muscle tissue. Also apparently, Luffy's full of hollow air passages, even in his bones.

An explanation for gear 2 and 3? Luffy ate a devil fruit that turned him into a rubber human. Devil fruit's are magical. Ipso facto gear 2 is magic, and so is gear 3. There. Problem sovled.

why are u getting so pissed when u hvaen't even read the chapter where luffy himself says he's blowing into his bones?

u're being ignorant and arrogantly so..

As far as I am concerned, Luffy does blow air into his thumb and into his arm. The people who say the thumb is used as a cork, that's wrong.

Why would Luffy bite his thumb at all if he was going to use it as a cork?
    Why would air be seen going threw the arm he blew air into if he was using the thumb as a cork? If it was only a cork, the air would be seen going into his chest first. Also, he doesn't even need to use his thumb as a cork if by what those people are saying is true. All he would have to do is use a Gumo Gumo No Balloon to get the exact same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitotsumami
    All he would have to do is use a Gumo Gumo No Balloon to get the exact same effect.
    but gomu gomu no fussion doesn't go into his bones... he needs to get the air into his bones first.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information