+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop

Default Re: Cowboy Bebop

Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho had a rough go of it. Did they even air the final arc?

Well, at least I was finally able to buy the blu-ray and finally watch all of it a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho had a rough go of it. Did they even air the final arc?
    They did *eventually* but it was in an insanely horrendous time slot, like 4AM or something.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

5 or 5:30 AM Eastern Time on Saturdays
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'll wait to watch it, but he doesn't seem to have that Spike swagger.
    I agree but it might look better in motion but they don't look too bad I wish they had gotten a younger Spike tho

I'm hopeful for John Cho as Spike. I mostly know his comedic stuff but he always nails the dramatic moments in those and I hear he also has experience in other dramas.
    So I'm expecting him to bring that smooth swagger for the lighter moments, with great transitions to the serious ones.

Not familiar with the other actors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I agree but it might look better in motion but they don't look too bad I wish they had gotten a younger Spike tho
    Its not that bad, in the anime SPike is 27, and John Cho is... FORTY NINE?!?

Okay, that is a lot. He don't look it tho.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I believe it did but this one is a tie in for the Netflix show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Might watch this out of curiosity, but that's it. My expectations are zero.

Actor choices aside, if they even remotely manage to emulate the feel and the style, and Yoko Kanno being involved helps greatly, it will be a job well done. As far as anime adaptations go, I mean. The bar is not set very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

That's... just edited to leave Edward out for now, right? That shot at the end where its three squares with a huge space for a fourth... that's just for now, right?

It certainly looks like a thing and that they'll be reusing some very specific episodes at the very least.

Looks kinda cosplay-ish. Wish it were doing its own thing instead of trying to emulate the original to this degree. Still morbidly curious to see what the actual show is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That's... just edited to leave Edward out for now, right? That shot at the end where its three squares with a huge space for a fourth... that's just for now, right?
    That's what it looked like to me, the space is there for her square and it's kinda long between the third character's square and the title showing up. I expect she'll show up later and is just being kept as a surprise for now.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

There's obviously passionate folks involved that respect the property. They're trying. But recreating the opening shot for shot only highlights the weaknesses more.

And if you're going to directly recreate shots and scenes, color grade them a little a least. This took me less than a minute in photoshop.

They of course, DIDN'T recreate the actual shot there so the composition is worse. In the original the stain glass isn't the focal point, and they're against darkness so you can clearly see their silhouette.... But I get why they moved the angle.
    It's like when the live action Lion King recreated Circle of Life and every single frame looked worse than the original despite being "realistic.

I have a feeling this is just going to be another Gus Van Sant's Psycho or Zack Snyder's Watchmen.

Probably.

But we're not the taget audience for this. Anime fans are going to hate the live version no matter what. This is the gateway drug for general audiences that think all cartoons are for kids or are stupid comedies, that you can never convince to try an anime.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

that's my fear about Sandman as well, but after watching Good Omens I'm letting myself put some faith out there

Sandman was never about hyper kinetic specific visuals, it was always about the writing. It had great artists on it, yes, but it was always about the words. It'll adapt fine to other mediums. The audio plays are insanely good.

I'm going to give the show a chance. Man, the live action version of Pierrot Le Fou looked really scary in his one moment in the opening. Also it's nice to see couple of my favorite episodes of Bebop might be adapted into the live action show (Which are Ballad of the Fallen Angel and Cowboy Funk.).

One thing that ight be interesting, if they choose to actually address it, is the actor playing Spike is almost 50. While the guy playing Jett is 45. The actresses playing Faye and Julia are in their early 30's.

Now, it's incredibly common in Hollywood for older men to be paired with younger women. And they're certainly going to pretend Spike is younger than the actor, and pitch him as mid 30's probably.

But what if they lean into him being older? In the anime Jett was his senior by about a decade, (And only 36!) here they'll be peers. And the girls much younger.

A much much older Spike though? THere could be material there, if they choose to actually make use of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information