+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 43 Discussion Thread

Default Volume 43 Discussion Thread

Ok everyone. Since 42 is out and 43 is almost done in jump it is time to start talking.

Chapters I bet 410-420 (11 chapters)

Cover: Will have the same like 42 but will have the mugiwara crew insted.

Tilte: Your chance has ended or

SPOILER FOR 418 Please DO NOT READ If you dont read the spoiler thread since it isnt out yet. God I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Spoiler:
    Luffy vs Rob Lucchi or 419's title w/e that may be
    Last edited by warp; July 5th, 2006 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Default Re: Volume 43 speculation Thread

Well, the cover will have the Mugiwaras on it in a similar pose. The 42 cover shows Spandam in the middle and the rest of the CP9 around him, like if they were protecting him. So I think, handcuffed Robin will be in the middle of the scene and the rest of the Strawhats including Franky around her protecting her. Luffy in the front and so on...

Title is hard... "Your chance has ended" is the only one, which doesn't sound too specific. Most of the others are "Mugiwara vs. Cp9 Agent" based. But there are still the titles of 419 and 420 waiting for us.

Chaptercount... at least 10 chapters: 410 - 419
    But 11 chapters are better than 10, so: 410 - 420

If I were Oda, I would call it Pirates Vs. Cp9 Part 2.....but he's in charge so....
    I dunno..
    "The Chance has ended" is too dark for a volume that beyond certainty will feature the strawhats on the cover in group pose.
    So I'll wait to see the upcoming 2 chapters after 418.
    Same goes for volume length.

"The Chance has ended" is too dark for a volume that beyond certainty will feature the strawhats on the cover in group pose.
    But remember, that was Zoro's line to Kaku and Jabura that they'd never have another chance to catch him like that again.

Oh.....I thought it was Spandam to Robin...

In that case it works as an overarching link.
    According to Spandam (wether he actually said that or not) Robin's hope is over. She has no chance at escape.
    And of course Zoro to Kak/ura.

Oho! Well you may very well be correct on that one. However if it was mentioned by Spandam it personally didn't stick out (to me) as much as Zoro's bloodthirsty scene of death at the end where he declared as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Oho! Well you may very well be correct on that one. However if it was mentioned by Spandam it personally didn't stick out (to me) as much as Zoro's bloodthirsty scene of death at the end where he declared as such.
    Well, I mean Spandam's mostly been saying things like "give up", "they're never coming", "your doomed" to her. Which essentially falls under "The Chance has ended."

Right, he's been saying that but the DOON scene (at least for me) was when Zoro said:

Zoro: You should be upset, not laughing...
    You're never gonna get another chance like that to take me down,
    "World Government"!!!
    And now that I checked, Spandam doesn't have any lines in that chapter so yeah, I'm pretty much gonna have to go with my previous notion.

So far, the only chapter title I like as volume title is The Chance has Ended. Except for that one and Hunter, all other chapter titles are either X vs Y or a direct reference to some new skill (Nami's Enlargement, Heat Up and Asura). Hunter doesn't seem like a good title, since there are several big battles, so you can't refer to merely one Hunter. This is also the reason I don't like any of the other titles, as it makes it look as if one of the fights is more important. Anyway, maybe Luffy's is, but I'd like to see titles up to the chapter ending Luffy's fight. I'm sort of expecting a L vs L chapter and another new skill chapter coming up, and maybe after that - or before that - a chapter that would provide a good Volume name about freeing Robin, all CP9 being defeated or possibly the incoming BC - though that seems unlikely.

Your Chance Has Ended seems like it'd be a good title for al stated reasons.

Heat Up would be my second choice, since things are really starting to "heat up"

I also like the idea of Robin being in the center with the Strawhats surrounding her. To add to it, if Robin was in the same place as Spandam, maybe each Strawhat would be placed with their respective opponent.

Robin in the center was Spandam was
    Nami in Califa's place
    Luffy where Lucci was
    Zoro where Kaku was
    Franky where Fukurou was
    Sanji where Jyabura was
    Chopper where Kumadori was
    Sogeking in the back making some kind of crazy pose

Either that, or put Sogeking where Kumadori was, and have Monster Chopper filling in Funk Freed's space in the back. However, I dunno if that'd happen since the monster form was more heavily used in volume 42.

i never really come into these volume speculation threads, but thought it would to ask this question, what's the chance of Franky featuring on the cover of Chapter 43 as/with the Mugiwara?

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the
    i never really come into these volume speculation threads, but thought it would to ask this question, what's the chance of Franky featuring on the cover of Chapter 43 as/with the Mugiwara?
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the
    Just how Vivi appeared on 22nd volume with the whole crew, I guess franky will also.

ooooh i have something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoedward
    Your Chance Has Ended seems like it'd be a good title for al stated reasons.

Heat Up would be my second choice, since things are really starting to "heat up"

I also like the idea of Robin being in the center with the Strawhats surrounding her. To add to it, if Robin was in the same place as Spandam, maybe each Strawhat would be placed with their respective opponent.

Robin in the center was Spandam was
    Nami in Califa's place
    Luffy where Lucci was
    Zoro where Kaku was
    Franky where Fukurou was
    Sanji where Jyabura was
    Chopper where Kumadori was
    Sogeking in the back making some kind of crazy pose

Either that, or put Sogeking where Kumadori was, and have Monster Chopper filling in Funk Freed's space in the back. However, I dunno if that'd happen since the monster form was more heavily used in volume 42.
    Maybe Sogeking can be where Blueno was... Or was he not in that picture? :s
    And okay, maybe Heat Up would be a good volume title too.

Quote Originally Posted by NecRock
    Maybe Sogeking can be where Blueno was... Or was he not in that picture? :s
    And okay, maybe Heat Up would be a good volume title too.
    Nope, Blueno wasn't in the picture.

FIRST (OBVIOUSLY): Cover will have Mugiwara crew in similar pose to CP9.
    TITLE: TBC, but will most probably be ''THE CHANCE HAS ENDED'' or ''** **'' (Read spoiler) or Chapter 419's title.

I will definitely jump on the "The Chance has Ended" bandwagon, but I am not sure about the big Mugiwara picture for the cover. I think a picture of the other characters who are caught in the middle of this conflict would be neat. The main focus would be on a hand-cuffed Robin and Franky (hand-cuffed or not) and potentially appearances from Kokoro, Chimney, Gonbe, Galley-La, and the Franky Family. I would personally choose the next volume for a Mugiwara crew cover since it will likely include the fall of Lucci and, potentially, Spandam.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Outside of a book, a dog is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

- Groucho Marx

I think The Legendary Hero is a possible title for this volume. I don't think I'm the only one, but it appears I am the first one to mention it in this topic ^^

Lucci would definitely appear on the cover. Along with who the Mugiwara pirates are fighting in the current chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information