+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3113

Thread: One Liner Questions

Default Re: One Liner Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    All of my formating icons are lost... Someone has the problem as well?
    It has been like that for a while.

Can somebody translate this for me? : 我慢
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Could anyone tell me what anime this is from? https://cxcblog.files.wordpress.com/...ease.gif?w=547

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
    Can somebody translate this for me? : 我慢
    Patience 16 chars

Spoiler:

I have a new(ish) laptop that I would like to connect to my old TV. The laptop has an HDMI port and the TV has RCA and SCART inputs. Now, from what I understand, my best option is to get an HDMI to RCA converter and plug an HDMI cable into my laptop and into one end of this converter, and an RCA cable into the other end of the converter and into my TV. Is this correct?

I saw there are also cables with an HDMI plug on one end and the three red/white/yellow RCA plugs on the other. But I think I can't use one of these cables in this case because they don't "convert" the signal.

I don't really know much about these things, so I'd like to hear some opinions from more tech-savvy people. Am I making any sense at all? Are there any other other options that may be better?

Thanks in advance :)
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Huon View Post
    I have a new(ish) laptop that I would like to connect to my old TV. The laptop has an HDMI port and the TV has RCA and SCART inputs. Now, from what I understand, my best option is to get an HDMI to RCA converter and plug an HDMI cable into my laptop and into one end of this converter, and an RCA cable into the other end of the converter and into my TV. Is this correct?
    Yup that should be right. There are also HDMI to SCART converters as well. I've never used either before but I have a feeling that HDMI to SCART might be better than RCA. Maybe others can comment on this!

I saw there are also cables with an HDMI plug on one end and the three red/white/yellow RCA plugs on the other. But I think I can't use one of these cables in this case because they don't "convert" the signal.
    Yup, problem is that older tvs only work with analog signals, so having an HDMI plug on one end and RCAs on the other doesn't convert the digital signal to analog at all, which is why the converter devices are needed.

You got this!
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Yup that should be right. There are also HDMI to SCART converters as well. I've never used either before but I have a feeling that HDMI to SCART might be better than RCA. Maybe others can comment on this!

Yup, problem is that older tvs only work with analog signals, so having an HDMI plug on one end and RCAs on the other doesn't convert the digital signal to analog at all, which is why the converter devices are needed.

You got this!
    Thanks! I checked some prices on HDMI to SCART converters, but it seems they're generally about twice as expensive as HDMI to RCA converters (probably because they're better, I guess). Since this is just a small, simple "project" (and since I'm poor :P), I'd rather not spend too much on it, so I guess I'll just go with the HDMI to RCA option. I'm not someone who really cares all that much about high video quality anyway.

Thanks for the input :)
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Huon View Post
    Thanks! I checked some prices on HDMI to SCART converters, but it seems they're generally about twice as expensive as HDMI to RCA converters (probably because they're better, I guess). Since this is just a small, simple "project" (and since I'm poor :P), I'd rather not spend too much on it, so I guess I'll just go with the HDMI to RCA option. I'm not someone who really cares all that much about high video quality anyway.

Thanks for the input :)
    Ahhh I see. No problem! :) Hope it works out!
    Hidden:

how do you deal with annoying coworkers who refuse to do their job but with out telling a supervisor on them? i don't want anyone to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    how do you deal with annoying coworkers who refuse to do their job but with out telling a supervisor on them? i don't want anyone to get fired.
    I was just talking to someone about this a few days ago. It depends on whether them not doing their job will result in you doing their work for them or not. In that case, someone, let's call her Judy, was doing absolutely nothing at a storefront type of job, and x amount of tasks needed to be done before closure, so my friend ended up doing most of the work while Judy did nothing.

The solutions we came up with were three:
    1. Kindly suggest to Judy that they split the tasks equally each day
    2. My friend does only half of the work, leaves the rest to Judy, and lets her deal with the consequences when other employees or the manager finds half the work not done the next day
    3. Have a calm and collected chat with the manager and ask that they remind each employee to do their job without naming names
    Hidden:

I've been looking for a song for several months with no luck. The only lyrics I remember are "Jack we want you back" or something sounding similar. It was a very uptempo song that seemed jazzy.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I've been looking for a song for several months with no luck. The only lyrics I remember are "Jack we want you back" or something sounding similar. It was a very uptempo song that seemed jazzy.
    Hmm.. not the same but, Hit the road Jack by Ray Charles?

Hidden:

Nope, I know that song, sorry

Spoiler:

Was the term "facebook" used even a little bit before the site launched for anything? I'm watching a show and one of the characters mentions a "face book" which is a book with pictures and info on everyone at their school. And the episode this is in came out in 2000, 4 years before the site launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Was the term "facebook" used even a little bit before the site launched for anything? I'm watching a show and one of the characters mentions a "face book" which is a book with pictures and info on everyone at their school. And the episode this is in came out in 2000, 4 years before the site launched.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_book

Apparently that's where Zuckerberg even got the idea from.

Huh, I really should have found that page. I would have thought it would have been mentioned in the article about Facebook on Wikipedia but I didn't see anything about it while skimming the page.

Does anyone know the name of a video clip that has a singing skeleton dragon and a cyclops?

my hard drive fell off a table and as a result it started making squeaky noises and eventually stopped working entirely.
    i've read online that this happens when its needle gets damaged and stops reading. now my question is: can i somehow replace its needle with another one? i can buy a 20 giga hdd and take it from it.
    the stuff on it are very very important to me, i have to recover it. i opened it up and it seems the discs are not damaged at all, so is there any hope?

what toppings go well with pizza.

What section would I put a thread on tabletop gaming in?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information