+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 156 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3119

Thread: One Liner Questions

Default Re: One Liner Questions

So, I might be able to take part in a student exchange program or something like that this summer.
    The problem is, I kind of figured I'm a little late for this. Don't blame me, I was informed a few days ago.

Still, I'd like to use this opportunity.

I'll collect my main questions/information below:

- I'd like to go to Sweden because of the experience, seeing the country and learning the language
    - I can only go for one or two weeks, because school's starting in September.

Hey there, tumblr noob speaking.

So, I just got into this tumblr thing and noticed that a lot of posts don't have a reblog button ANYWHERE. I googled and found a "reblog yourself" trick (http://venomousporridge.com/post/554...og-bookmarklet), but that's not working either.
    Is there something wrong here or are some posts just not reblogable at all?

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Hey there, tumblr noob speaking.

So, I just got into this tumblr thing and noticed that a lot of posts don't have a reblog button ANYWHERE. I googled and found a "reblog yourself" trick (http://venomousporridge.com/post/554...og-bookmarklet), but that's not working either.
    Is there something wrong here or are some posts just not reblogable at all?
    It says in bold at the top that you can no longer reblog yourself to the same blog, but I've heard people use something called "missing e" to do things like reblogging yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    It says in bold at the top that you can no longer reblog yourself to the same blog, but I've heard people use something called "missing e" to do things like reblogging yourself.
    I tried reblogging myself just to see if the method works AT ALL, and it did.

What I am trying to reblog is text-only posts from other blogs. It's not that all text-only posts can't be reblogged, but most of them anyway. They usually only have a "Add to favorites" button, and all methods I tried to reblog it without a button didn't work.
    However, I haven't tried this missing e thing, so I just installed it. It does add a bookmark option to every post, not sure what the use of that is... BUT it adds a date stamp to each post, that's great!
    Aaand it forces a reblog button to appear everywhere. However, it's basically the same link I manually puzzled together which leads to a "Not found" page. :|
    Thanks a lot for the tip though, that missing e add-on is pretty neat!

I tried reblogging myself just to see if the method works AT ALL, and it did.

What I am trying to reblog is text-only posts from other blogs. It's not that all text-only posts can't be reblogged, but most of them anyway. They usually only have a "Add to favorites" button, and all methods I tried to reblog it without a button didn't work.
    However, I haven't tried this missing e thing, so I just installed it. It does add a bookmark option to every post, not sure what the use of that is... BUT it adds a date stamp to each post, that's great!
    Aaand it forces a reblog button to appear everywhere. However, it's basically the same link I manually puzzled together which leads to a "Not found" page. :|
    Thanks a lot for the tip though, that missing e add-on is pretty neat!
    Can you link me to some examples? Certain text posts can't be reblogged if they're responses to an ask, but if it's something else, then it's either that the reblog button is in a weird place (hate it when that happens), or there's another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    Can you link me to some examples? Certain text posts can't be reblogged if they're responses to an ask, but if it's something else, then it's either that the reblog button is in a weird place (hate it when that happens), or there's another problem.
    Yes, now that you mention it ... they're all responses. So they really can't be reblogged ... damn, that sucks. :|
    Ah well, at least I know I'm not too stupid for it, it just doesn't work for whatever reason (IS there a reason?). Thanks, mari :D

Yes, now that you mention it ... they're all responses. So they really can't be reblogged ... damn, that sucks. :|
    Ah well, at least I know I'm not too stupid for it, it just doesn't work for whatever reason (IS there a reason?). Thanks, mari :D
    yeah, basically the workaround for that is if the person answering the ask takes a screenshot, or copy-pastes the question, but they don't always do that, unless you ask nicely. Most people are pretty willing (I think).

I have not been approved to vote in polls or start my own thread, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Эмма View Post
    I have not been approved to vote in polls or start my own thread, what should I do?
    To quote the FAQ (because I'm lazy):
    Due to a large volume of dupe accounts to sway polls, voting has been restricted from new members and guests. This applies to creating threads as well. These privileges are given to members on a case by case basis, revolving largely around activity and account age.

Just keep posting like you would and it should kick in in a little bit. You can campaign for people in the tournament still. I think being really active could make the wait shorter.

Thanks, I didn't know if it was a specific amount of time or something was wrong with me.

Questions about the character tournament. How are the automatic passes chosen? Are they just the winners of previous tournaments? And what's the deal with the octopus next to Jinbei in chapter 642? Is it just because he looks cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Autumncomet View Post
    Questions about the character tournament. How are the automatic passes chosen? Are they just the winners of previous tournaments? And what's the deal with the octopus next to Jinbei in chapter 642? Is it just because he looks cool?
    Next time when you have questions about the tourney, take them here: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35753. The tournament mods and other knowledgeable people will gladly answer any questions newcomers might have.

This year, five of the autopass guys -- Franky, Luffy, Robin, Usopp and Whitebeard -- are former champions. Luffy won in -09, Whitebeard in -10 and Robin took the champion's crown last year. Franky and Usopp won in the earlier years, before the tournament was a regular, yearly thing. The rest of those guys are just characters the mods apparently thought would be funny to see in the running. There's no way any of those three would have made it past the preliminaries with this years level. We also had to have eight automatically passing contestants this year because the number of prelim winners wouldn't have been even without them. How many and which characters receive that status varies every year, depending on how the organizers choose to run the first two rounds. Last year, for example, we had some prelims with only three guys advancing on to the first round.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Next time when you have questions about the tourney, take them here: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35753. The tournament mods and other knowledgeable people will gladly answer any questions newcomers might have.

This year, five of the autopass guys -- Franky, Luffy, Robin, Usopp and Whitebeard -- are former champions. Luffy won in -09, Whitebeard in -10 and Robin took the champion's crown last year. Franky and Usopp won in the earlier years, before the tournament was a regular, yearly thing. The rest of those guys are just characters the mods apparently thought would be funny to see in the running. There's no way any of those three would have made it past the preliminaries with this years level. We also had to have eight automatically passing contestants this year because the number of prelim winners wouldn't have been even without them. How many and which characters receive that status varies every year, depending on how the organizers choose to run the first two rounds. Last year, for example, we had some prelims with only three guys advancing on to the first round.
    I didn't want to ask in that thread because it felt like it was more about the campaigns and who you were going to vote for, but thank you!

There's this new series called Blackout which airs on the BBC, and the episodes are currently online:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...out_Episode_1/

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to watch BBC videos if you don't live in the UK?

I can't create any thread on the forum, my account is already activated, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Animaker View Post
    I can't create any thread on the forum, my account is already activated, what should I do?
    Post here often, take part in discussions and eventually, you'll get the right to make a thread, don't worry.

Thank you, I will do so I can share with you what I want (:

Are there more automatic user titles after Discovered Stowaway?

I've always assumed if you were to post enough, you could advance to Stowaway status. To me it seems like the equivalent of "Top Slug," but I'm starting to think it's just a myth.

*squints suspiciously at all the regular Stowaways*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information