+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 335 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 6700

Thread: Doctor Who

Default Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I thought that they would be in the paradise, but no it was just a teleportation.

Can someone explain me why old Karabraxos is a nice person ?
    I guess people can change, but she was a complete trash.
    Regret. She was old alone and dying and as she waited for death, she took stock of her life and decided imprisoning the Teller was the one thing she regretted most.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I thought this was actually a really good episode. I don't know how it'll hold up on repeat viewings, but the first was pretty darn good.

Spoiler:
    Honestly, the only twist I really saw coming was The Doctor being the Architect, and even that was more towards the end. I guess I just suck at predicting things, but hey, it keeps me in suspense.

I looked better in Gen V Kazhar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    I don't know, it doesn't really work once you know all the twists, so watching again, even a month after was kind of boring.
    Not that it was really exciting back then. Still a good middle-season episode.

Spoiler:
    I'm glad they concealed the Architect better, in the workprint his identity was really obvious from the start. Instead they made teleports equally obvious.
    Teller is another monster with wrinkles with "don't do stuff" gimmick. It gets old.

The Doctor was magnificent, as usual. Guest companions were fine too, except that one part where Psi decided to die for Clara. He wasn't shown to be really altruistic before, and frankly Clara didn't do anything to earn such undying trust. Ostrich herself is back to season 7 inoffensive level, guess that is something.

I'm really really thankful that Delphox (and her boss) didn't channel River. Guess their parts weren't rewritten by Moffat.
    Where does the "Moffat writes every female characters like River" meme even come from, anyway ? I've read it in a lot of different places, and I still don't know how it came to be. What's so "River" about Clara, Amy, Sally Sparow, the mother from the Empty Child, the villain from Bells of St John or even Kovarian and Missy ? You could argue that he likes the middle-aged-female-villain-in-a-business-suit archetype a bit too much, but none of them were River-like... ?

3DS Friend Code : 3222 - 6913 - 3431

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Regret. She was old alone and dying and as she waited for death, she took stock of her life and decided imprisoning the Teller was the one thing she regretted most.

One can even say that she was trying to atone for her sins, so she can reach the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazhar View Post
    What is so "River" about Amy?
    Heh.

What is so "River" about the rest of them?
    It's not "He writes every female like River". It's "he likes River so much, he can't resist creating "mysterious quirky woman in her 30-40, who knows the Doctor, and hints on their romantic relationships on every ocassion, and also they bicker like married couple". Tasha Lem says hello. Missy already fits, they just didn't have chance to bicker yet. Arguably you can count Vastra, only difference is that she does same things to Jenny. Middle-aged-female-villain-in-a-business-suit is fine (although they are very generic and practically interchangeable). The possibility of another Stiffler's mom appearing fills me with existential terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    No-one discussing Time Heist yet? I guess you're all waiting on the US broadcast.
    And while everyone else waits for torrents, I wait until Sunday for my iTunes edition to be ready for download, so I'm usually the last of the bunch to see it x)

Really fun episode, even though I'm in the same boat as most of you in terms of predictability. I can see new viewers being shocked, but for veterans you can definitely take a good guess at some of the major things.

Spoiler:
    Although I didn't see the clones thing with Keeley Hawes, so that was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting the two one-off companions to end up in paradise as well, but nice to see they're alive and open to the possibility of coming back.

You could also say that the writers gave a way out into explaining who the woman in the shop was, since Karabraxos has the number, but I feel it's just a red herring and too obvious for Moffat's taste (and he does love his red herrings!).
    If anything, I see it as a way for the Doctor to convince himself that he finally found out how this mysterious woman in the shop got his number, which serves to cast his mind off of it and end up surprised in the end.

Plus, I don't see Karabraxos settling down at some point in her life and just setting up a shop in Clara's area.

So far for me, series 8 has been 5/5.

I haven't been disappointed yet. Looking back at this point, I'd say Into The Dalek has been my least favorite. A lot of people seem to hate Robots of Sherwood, but to me that was the most fun and entertaining, I could see that being a future guilty pleasure episode.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Can someone explain the thing the "woman in a shop"-thing? My memories of all the New-Who episodes are fuzzy and I know little to nothing about the Old-Who, so I don't whats this all about.
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by LosKnoggos View Post
    Can someone explain the thing the "woman in a shop"-thing? My memories of all the New-Who episodes are fuzzy and I know little to nothing about the Old-Who, so I don't whats this all about.
    In "The Bells of Saint John", Clara rang a "support" number given to her by an unidentified woman working in a shop.

The number was actually the Tardis' direct line, and that's how Clara first came into contact with The Doctor.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

That Clara, at least...in the Doctor's timeline, he met one of her echoes first (Asylum of the Daleks).

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Just don't look under your bed now...you know that nightmare you've been having?
    I don't want to talk about it.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    That Clara, at least...in the Doctor's timeline, he met one of her echoes first (Asylum of the Daleks).
    Yeah, I meant this incarnation of Clara that's currently travelling with The Doctor, the one that was given the Tardis' number to ring.

Not Dalek or Victorian Clara.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

My favourite Clara was the third Clara. I felt the second Clara was too grumpy to play the Clara, whilst the third Clara had me believing she was the Clara within her first episode.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    My favourite Clara was the third Clara. I felt the second Clara was too grumpy to play the Clara, whilst the third Clara had me believing she was the Clara within her first episode.
    Time Lord Clara was still better than third Clara. And then there is Clara from this scene

Spoiler:

which is considered one of the best Claras of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Time Lord Clara was still better than third Clara. And then there is Clara from this scene

which is considered one of the best Claras of all time.
    That's a great Clara, though this is my favorite Ostrich:

Spoiler:
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    That's a great Clara, though this is my favorite Ostrich:

Callin' best companion Ostrich... Truly a tragedy.

Ostriches are cool.

Except when they bite. That is painful, worse than geese.

Well yeah, look how much bigger than are. They taste better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Judging by this seasons' love of bringing up stuff that should've been known but was long forgotten, the Doctor is scared of Spiders.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information