+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 592 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Couples!

Catgf

I notice some of you have posted similar topic previously. However I like to address some of my concern regrading this topic because Oda (in manga) always give his readers (and One Piece Lovers) some vague ideas regrading the possible romance relationship in the story. Although I admit One Piece emphasize with Friendship, Adventure, Team-Work, Dreams and many more... but you cannot declined the fact each character build "love" relationship upon each other.

Firstly, let's discuss the possible outcome for Luffy:
    Luffy & Alivdia - This is a very funny combo if they ever build a relationship. Back at Loguetown, Alivdia Quote [Episode 52] "I cannot forget you are first who punched me... when you hit me... I feel... and I like powerful man, I want you to be my man, Luffy." We know how Luffy response [Episode 52] "No Way, I Decline." We also awear Alivdia stop loving Luffy when Luffy was trapped by Boggy [Episode 52]. Therefore this pair cannot be together because Luffy don't love Alivida at the first place. This two can only be rivals. But certainly some people may say love relationship starts with rivals.

Luffy & Robin - This is an interesting debate. How can a 28 years old pretty and mature 'sweetcake' loves a 18 years old kid (Luffy mostly act on his will, not with his brain)? Then how come I stress the possibility between Luffy & Robin? After Luffy Crew escape from Alabrasta [Episode 130] Robin was on their ship "Monkey D. Luffy, you will not forget whatever you did to me..." then Sanji (heart broken) shouts "Luffy, what you did to this beautiful lady?" According from readers point of view, that scene can only mean one thing: some 'naughty' issues involved. Thank god Oda explained the situation using flashbacks. Although Robin is still very mysteries, she spoke truly to the Luffy Crew [episode 130] "you let me live while I want to die, that is your sin. I have no where to go nor any home to stay, let me stay on this ship..."

From my point of view, the above image can deduce as a girl was just break up with her boyfriend (her hope, her dreams, her faith are gone...) and want suicide. At this moment, her savior, Luffy, come to the rescue for her. Robin may not have feelings at the begining. With time, she grow attachment with the crew and build a bond between them. Robin finally find friends who can accept her of who she is and she admit so in [anime, chapter 359]. Therefore, Luffy gives Robin the strength to move on and forget her past.

Conclusion: can Robin bulid a love relationship with Luffy? my answer is No. Because Robin more likely loves Zoro (debate in Zoro's part). However, Robin loves Luffy as her companion, as her friend, as her 'family'.

Luffy & Nami - Observationally, Nami depends on Luffy on various occasions. The battle with Arlong finally solved Nami's pain and Luffy accepts her as his companion. No matter how much Nami loves money, no matter how much stupid things Luffy did to the ship and to the crew, Nami will forgive Luffy because he saved her from the evil within her heart. Although Nami didn't show her love to Luffy in the manga, but Nami does care for Luffy [Episode 8] when Boggy destory Luffy's hat, Nami is willing to help Luffy to fix the hat. Recall, during the time Nami hate pirates. Also in [movie 4 - dead end race] Luffy ask Nami to fix his hat again. Honestly speaking, the actions of Nami on Luffy really seems like Luffy's Wife (hahahahaha)

Let's us look at Zoro's Outcome:
    Zoro & Tagashi - this duel may have a chance to be a couple IF!!!
    1) Zoro is not a pirate because Tagashi is a Marine
    2) Zoro didn't lie to Tagashi in the first place
    3) Zoro don't run away from her (Zoro's ONLY ONE who he ever feared)
    4) Tagashi don't charallage Zoro for a match
    5) Zoro willing to forget Kuina's Death
    Warp UP: Zoro & Tagashi can only be enemies, and Zoro is too dumb to feel love relationship anyways

Zoro & Nami - Since Nami's heart have Luffy, I don't see how can Nami loves Zoro. They are companion and friends, but cannot be lovers.

Zoro & Robin - please let me explain why Zoro and Robin is a possible match.
    Out of the entire Luffy's Crew, Zoro is the only one who is cool enough to maintain his swordman's role. As the story goes on, Zoro respects Robin while Robin also respects Zoro as the way it is. Let me recall [episode 135] does Robin offer her Jacket to Zoro, afraid he may catch a cold? Come on, think about it! Only Sanji will offer his jacket to any girls he saw because he loves girls from his first sight!!! I never heard a lady offering her jacket to a men (espeically zoro). Why would they pair up catching south bird in Jaya? When they face 'God' Emeru in Skypiea [episode 180], when Robin got hit by the Lighting from Emeru, did Zoro instantly come to protect her and quote to Emeru "but she is a women..." Look in the eyes of Zoro in that episode!!! it is like I will kill you because you hurt my woman! (hahahaha) It seems Oda pair Zoro and Robin together often because Zoro is the only one in the Crew mature enough to communicate with Robin (interenally speaking). Even in water 7, when Robin said she is leaving the Crew, Zoro is the only one who are rationalizing the posibility Robin may not act on her own? [anime, chapter 340-341]

Conclusion: Seems Robin don't mind starting a relationship with Zoro.

Let's look at Sanji's Fate:
    Sanji & Nami - One Piece Fans will say Sanji loves Nami the most. But since Nami loves Luffy in her heart, Nami only flurtes in front of Sanji so Sanji will serve her as a Queen. Funny to say, when Sanji wants to touch Nami, Nami always gives Sanji the One-Two ^_^ [episode too many, cannot references them]

Sanji & Robin - same idea, since Robin's mind with Zoro, Sanji can only serve Robin with alot of good coffee!

Sanji & Posche (Foxy's Babe) - possible match, however same idea as Nami's

Conclusion of Sanji - Mr. Prince (but unlike James Bond of 007) and girl slave forever with no luck of having a girl (poor Sanji)

Let's look at those that we are most certain they will be together eventually:
    Usopp & Kaya - [episode 17] Usopp ask Kaya don't stop him... but interenally Kaya don't want Usopp to leave Syrup Village
    Smoker & Hina - [episode 127 & 130] Hina complains everything Smoker is doing with her and the strawhats. Sometimes I wonder does Smoker noticed Hina loves him?
    Viva & Korza - personally, I don't see they can become a couple according to manga.
    Jonathan (G8 Commander) and Jessica (Main Chef in G8) -

Lastly What About Chopper?
    Please remember Chopper is a reindeer. No matter how much I like Chopper, at this moment, Oda didn't plan any love relationship for our poor Chopper because he IS a reindeer.

im pretty sure oda has said that there will be no romance in onepiece so i dont think hes planed any love relationships for any of his characters,

he leaves that to his fans to speculate about :P

EDIT sorry i thought you meant romances that would happen in the actual manga not just speculating...

TheWillOfD.

The whole ZOro+Robin thing is wierd

Off With Their Heads! Seta Ginny's Avatar
    Rurouni between New Jersey, New York, and Maryland

Not really seeing why this needed to be a completely new topic, but it's all right.

Oh, if only I wasn't writing 3 final essays right now...Although I think my couple feelings are already quite clear. ^_~

Just a friendly reminder, because I know couples can be a hot issue that can lead to flames - couple bashing is NOT allowed. Intelligent discussion and reasoning like we've seen so far are fine, but I don't want to come home from work and see any insults or degradations.

Just remember, there's no canon couples and probably never will be, so anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

Your affectionate friend Starlight's Avatar

Luffy and Vivi make a really good couple, since Vivi seemed to care a lot about him out of all the Straw-hats. :lol:

Kurapica/Killua from HxH ~

zoro with nami or robin. there both ok since they seem to like zoro in there own way :P

Nami-chan

Yeah,Oda doesn´t care about a serious romance,but of course pirates can marry(See Usopp parents)one day...he said in SBS something like"Date?No,how can they date in the sea,in the ship?"

Yeah,date.Nothing about marriage or something.It means that can happen other relationships in the crew.

I have no doubt about Luffy & Nami.They may be only nakama,but the two certantly have a strong connection between...since they met.I can say a lot of times that I could saw close actions with each other,like the Arlong Park rescue,when the captain carried her to the top of the mountain because she was badly sick,in Jaya,when she became worried about that fight,the final battle in Skypiea,and a lot of other times.Sanji for sure loves her,but Luffy loves her with his manner,I know.We can see the Nami´s trust in the rubberboy is more strong than in Sanji,so many times.

There´s some theory :P

It wouldn't be a good idea to have romances between the Strawhats, because there's no way to make every fan happy. Besides, I like the friendships, and I'd be a little disappointed if Zoro and Sanji (yes, yes, I'm a yaoi fan, so sue me) got together.

But I wouldn't be surprised at a Luffy and Nami pairing. The Zoro/Tashigi pairing seems likely, but she's a marine and he's a pirate. They could become friends, but I highly doubt they could become lovers.

Sanji's my favourite character, and I hope he finds a girl at the end, poor guy. :D

I don't really like to look at romances in One Piece, but the only ones I see possible are:

Usopp and Kaya
    Zoro and Tashigi

: /

Just another Robin fan Tare_chan's Avatar

ooohh..... totally agree with the idea of L/N pairing, nice theory Catgf and Nami-chan. may I add a little: there are several scene that show how much Luffy cares for Nami, I mean (the one I remembered) in skypea, after seeing his friends lay down unconsious, the one he looked around with worry is Nami, 'Nami?? where's Nami, she isn't here?' aww... that's sweet..... oh, and eventhough the situation is not suitable, I like the scene happen in cpt 363, where Nami shows her truly emotion in front Luffy. ah one more, Luffy seems trust Nami very much, as he usually ask or put his hat on Nami's head, and ah one more (last one :P) I love the scene where Luffy chase Ener so furiously just because he thought Nami is still on the ship.... aww.... so sweet......

and I also agree with the Z/R pairing, Catgf. (apparently I've become a Z/R pairing fans even before I realized it ;)) ok, I'll add a little, when they first reach Skypea, after all the member happy playing at the cloud beach, the Zoro Robin scene there has been my favourite. the way Robin tells Zoro about her mind (the 'I never knew that arriving in an island can be adventourous' thing) somehow I find it sweet... :P and in Zenny filler arc, in the 'preview of next episode', the way Robin tease Zoro everytime he spoke ('come on let's leave', 'oh, you're so cruel', 'I didn't ask your opinion!!') XD I just find it quite interesting

oh, I also love the Zoro/Tashigi pairing.... they're so cute together.... and I still don't have any other reason than just that.... -_-

and despite what I wrote at the previous couple thread, now I feel bad that I couldn&#39;t pair Sanji with anyone >_<

Z/R Forever!!
    sig by: inori

Wow, there&#39;s usually at least one Sanji/Nami fan by now...I&#39;m surprised&#33;

<s>FrankyXLuffy&#33; w00t&#33;</s>

I don&#39;t really know. I think if Zoro were to go with someone, it&#39;d be Robin. They&#39;re not close, but for some reason it still seems to work to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Apr 28 2005, 04:57 PM
    B)
    I don&#39;t really know. I think if Zoro were to go with someone, it&#39;d be Robin. They&#39;re not close, but for some reason it still seems to work to me.
    There is something between the two. But Zoro&#39;s what, eighteen right ? And Robin&#39;s 28. Well, a ten year gap isn&#39;t anything unheardable...

Hmmm... Maybe Franky & Kokorro? :D

Ah yes, the joys of procrastination....what better way to put off writing about a-bombs then talking about my favorite couple?

I&#39;m actually a supporter of all pairings. I absolutely ADORE Sanji/Nami. Zoro/Tashigi is cute, as is Nami/Luffy, even though I feel both of those pairings have some major issues to go through before they could actually happen. Sanji/Vivi, Vivi/Luffy, Vivi/Kohza, Usopp/Kaya...all very sweet&#33; Even Zoro/Robin, a pairing that isn&#39;t my cup of tea at all, I have been known to enjoy some of the beautiful fanworks fans of this pairing produce. And let&#39;s not forget yaoi&#33; I&#39;m more of an eggs with my sausage type person, but I&#39;m totally down with yaoi pairings, even if they&#39;re not my cup of tea. (Besides, probably the most well written fan fic I&#39;ve EVER read was Zoro x Sanji, surprisingly enough. The author actually made it MAKE SENSE.)

But with that being said, if I had to choose two characters from One Piece to live happily ever after together, it would definitely be Nami and Zoro. First off, I enjoy their chemistry together. People don&#39;t always buy into the love/hate dynamic, but I buy into it hook, line, and sinker - probably because I&#39;m living it. I love couples who bicker, argue, and debate, but at the end of the day, still care for each other. This is exactly the kind of feeling I get watching these two in action.

I feel they&#39;re also a nice compliment to each other - Nami being the brains, Zoro being the brawn. While Zoro is no dummy (which is good, because I think Nami needs someone who can pick her brain, at least a little) and Nami is no pushover, their strong points definitely balance out each other&#39;s weak point.

What I think really draws me to them as a couple, however, is the loss that they have in common. Both tragically lost the central figure to their lives at a young age, and because of that loss, their lives were thrown onto a different track. Granted, they&#39;re not the only people in this series to go through something traumatic like that&#33; But in my personal opinion, I think these two really have the right kind of personalities, and right kind of caring and trust for each other needed for this kind of connection, which I don&#39;t really find in Zoro x Robin, or um...Chopper x Nami (^_^* Hey, to each their own&#33;)

I don&#39;t expect too many people here to agree with me =P If you see it differently, that&#39;s totally cool&#33; That&#39;s what I love about One Piece romances - they&#39;re completely fan speculation, so no one&#39;s interpretation is right or wrong. Unfortunately, there are rabids out there. There is actually someone on the internet who hates me, and a year after my brush with her is STILL declaring her hatred for me...simply because I like Zoro x Nami more then I like Zoro x Tashigi. I really don&#39;t get people sometimes ^_^* Ah well. On with the discussions&#33;

I&#39;ve never been too big on couples, but I always thought it should be ZoroxRobin, SanjixNami. They&#39;re sorta like the 2 yins and the 2 yangs getting together, Zoro and Robin are serious, Sanji and Nami are goofy and fun.
    Also, any relationship with Luffy never made sense to me. I mean come on, it&#39;s LUFFY for christ&#39;s sakes&#33;

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Apr 28 2005, 07:57 AM
    [snapback]38798[/snapback]
    Oh come on now. FRANKYxUSOPP&#33; :P

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by Seta Ginny@Apr 28 2005, 09:50 AM
    Wow, there&#39;s usually at least one Sanji/Nami fan by now...I&#39;m surprised&#33;
    [snapback]38795[/snapback]
    Right here, baby&#33; XD It just feels right to me. O_o.; Which is the worst explanation ever.

Originally posted by Kaizoku&#045;Ou@Apr 28 2005, 04:17 PM
    I&#39;ve never been too big on couples, but I always thought it should be ZoroxRobin, SanjixNami. They&#39;re sorta like the 2 yins and the 2 yangs getting together, Zoro and Robin are serious, Sanji and Nami are goofy and fun.
    Also, any relationship with Luffy never made sense to me. I mean come on, it&#39;s LUFFY for christ&#39;s sakes&#33;
    [snapback]38827[/snapback]
    You right.... I can&#39;t imagine a romance with luffy, probably he doesn&#39;t have enough intelligent to understand that, and probably any girl would just find him "boring" he can be very cool and all those things, but he can also be vEEEEEEEEry childish sometimes.
    Anyway, I allways liked the Zoro/Tashigi pair-up. By the way how did zoro lied to tashigi? What did he say that wasn&#39;t true? (I missed that episode ). :(

~I am a sig virus. Please put me in your sig so I can continue to replicate.~

Say NO to hangover!!!!! Keep yourself drunk!!!!!

By the way how did zoro lied to tashigi? What did he say that wasn&#39;t true? (I missed that episode ).
    He didn&#39;t. She had been talking about this Roronoa Zoro she&#39;d heard of, using a named sword for his own gain and how despicable she found it. He asked if she wanted to take his own sword from him and she said no, only from those who used them selfishly. He never said he wasn&#39;t Zoro, he just never said he was.

--Bevin
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information