+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 592 FirstFirst ... 92 492 542 582 590 591 592
Results 11,821 to 11,832 of 11832

Thread: One Piece Couples!

Default Re: One Piece Couples!

Pudding is the only choice

I wonder if Oda changed his mind about putting romance in the series? If he did I'd only expect to see it in the epilogue or something like that.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I have seen everything from the One Piece manga to every episode of the anime to every movie....

And I really don't get the people who see Luffy and Nami as even a potential couple at all. Maybe if you took Arlon Park in complete isolation and literally ignored everything else.
    But there has never been even remotely a hint of anything there.

And pretty much every single story has Nami paired up with Sanji.
    Whether it was the two of them against Kalifa in Water 7, the two of them against Absalom in Thriller Bark, the two of them being body-swapped in Punk Hazard
    Or the scenes in both Skypeia and Dressarosa where Sanji fights an impossibly stronger opponent until he is nearly killed and ends up craddled in Nami's arms.
    I think it was even implied that they were married or something in the feudal Japan stories. It wasn't explicit, but they were running that restaurant like a married couple running a small family business.

And then the whole trying to get Sanji back from Whole Cake Island too, how she reacted when she heard he was going to marry someone else-- it isn't over-the-top, but neither is it remotely subtle. And Nami seemed kind of put-off when Sanji showed attention to Vivi or to Robin soon after she joined the crew. She often does or says things to draw romantic attention from Sanji to her whenever it seems like he is starting to stray towards anyone else.

Add in the fact that that even going to get Sanji back was 100% Nami's desire with the rest of the crew seemingly relatively fine with accepting his self-sacrifice or at least considering it a lower priority.
    And also literally moments after Pudding decided that she wasn't going to kill Sanji, she saw Sanji and Nami together and was flipping between sociopath and sweet for the rest of that arc. She sensed out what was going on with a glance.

But Nami and Luffy? Hardly anything at all.
    One could just as well make a case for Luffy and Usopp.

Luffy has shown way more chemistry with Vivi, Boa and Carrot despite having had far more time around Nami.

Now, I do suppose that compared to Zoro, Sanji and Usopp, Nami does rely on Luffy's fighting abilities more often, does end up being the damsel that needs to be saved more often, and does show more concern when Luffy gets hurt-- but that's primarily because the guys are trying to be guys and thus can't be the over-the-top emotional ones in most cases without undermining their "cool" factor. Even Usopp needs to be able to actually overcome enemies and fight on his own no matter how much emotion or fear he shows before and during it.... Meanwhile, Nami can get away with playing exclusively a support role and very, very rarely being the one who is actually directly responsible for taking out an enemy and get away with it.

So I really just don't see it. To me it is akin to someone saying that Goku and Bulma are definitely a romantic pair and dismissing Bulma and Yamcha as being anything at all.
    Of course, Toriyama threw away the Bulma/Yamcha relationship because he needed to spawn more Saiyajins, didn't exactly have any other established female characters to use as a womb, and since Yamcha couldn't blow up planets and any step taken to allow him to still be useful when things had gotten so crazy would have seemed odd.

So by no means would it mean that Sanji/Nami thing is something we can expect to be explicit in some epilogue where they might be living peacefully on some island with some kids they could tell the stories of Uncle Luffy still out there exploring the seas... in fact, there is no guarantee that Sanji is even going to be alive in the end chapter.

It feels like some Straw Hat member, maybe even a couple of them, are going to have to fall in the very end of the story to appropriately raise the stakes.
    And the thing is-- Zoro going down after becoming the greatest swordsman in the world wouldn't be much of a gut punch. If he dies in a blaze of glory taking some great enemy and establishing himself as a bar that no one will ever be able to challenge to surpass, then he grasped his dream and lives on as a legend.
    And Robin dying-- it just seems all too obvious. There has been precious little to even hint at what Robin would even do after finally achieving her mother's goal of discovering the lost history and writing it down and revealing it.

But while Sanji said his dream was to see the All Blue, it seems very apparent that what he really wants most is to get married, have children and be a better father than his own was. So if he gets killed before anything of that sort can happen... well, that would suck more and thus would be what should happen to properly establish the villainous credentials of the last enemy.

But, they wouldn't be because of this supposed "relationship" that Luffy and Nami must have despite showing no romantic chemistry whatsoever through 20 years of stories?

I really have to wonder if it is just that the people who think this are just so set in their ways that "main guy and main girl are always a couple" that they utterly ignore the actual text of the story and impose some narrative they are bringing to it.

But across all of One Piece, I really can't find any of this supposed Luffy/Nami shipping bait while Sanji/Nami seem to be constantly paired up in story arc after story arc.
    And even the recent story arcs where Sanji is lured to someone else, they both turn out to be semi-evil people who were only using him with full intent to do harm to him the whole time. He was deceived and ended up by Nami's side again at the end of each story arc.

If anything, it is teaching him the hard way not to get easily distracted by other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Solgarde View Post
    One could just as well make a case for Luffy and Usopp.
    Spoiler:

Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Solgarde your posts are shitty everywhere

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Now that this thread is bumped, I have to say that Zoro/Hiyori are pretty cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Solgarde your posts are shitty everywhere
    Looking through your post history, you have hardly ever posted anything about 5 words. Often just a picture. Most of it in off-topic threads. And it is at least half generally just shitty trolly garbage attacking others.
    And you have been at it on these boards for 7.5 years?

Does this board have absolutely no moderation?

Quote Originally Posted by Solgarde View Post
    Looking through your post history, you have hardly ever posted anything about 5 words. Often just a picture. Most of it in off-topic threads. And it is at least half generally just shitty trolly garbage attacking others.
    And you have been at it on these boards for 7.5 years?

Does this board have absolutely no moderation?
    Eh, most of ap doesn't care much for shipping so I doubt any mods even come here at all. It's like the wasteland of arlong park, lol
    Gonna give ya the D.!

People who watch the anime seem to ship Koby and Rebecca now.
    But Koby's spin off manga that takes place in another world gives him a stalker girl who crushes on him.

Should Oda make Koby and Rebecca a thing or make Madoka a canon One Piece character?

I only ship Akainu x Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I only ship Akainu x Ace
    I hear that couple's really into fisting.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I hear that couple's really into fisting.
    Through and through

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information