2 28.57%
  • 10/5

4 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rate One Piece!

One Piece_Naruto

Default Rate One Piece!

Use whatever method of rating you want to rate One Piece, but I'll be using 5-star rating and 10 point scale.

Ok, I'd rate One Piece somewhere between 7 and 8. One Piece is a good anime that is quite popular. The fights are quite interesting. It's quite unique too. However, longer animes/mangas tend to become a bit more boring and have a bit more errors. Also, although the fighting can get quite rough, I think the overall concept of One Piece is a bit childish. Other than the characters and Devil Fruits, many of the concepts are thought out less deeper.

Default Re: Rate One Piece!

how come there is no 9999999 option?

I voted 9.

I think it suffers from a premise that's a hard sell to a western audience. I think I'm gonna offer it as a fantasy story, rather than "pirates, plus ...."

I also found that the story feels very "encapsulated". You close off one story arc, and you'll likely not see the characters again (outside of cover stories) Now, you can OVERDO it (Gargoyles), but there's no reason that everything should feel so "resolved" at the end of an arc.

Finally, the art is a very, very different style. I would be fascinated to other manga-ka's take on the same characters. It would be interesting to see Nami with a shot of Seras Victoria in her.

Once again. I'm closing this poll until I know a mod approved it.
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

My problem with One Piece is that it's too much "ocean" stuff and no land travelling. The story is good, just to straightfoward and when one arc finishes, you'll never see any arc characters again.

Other then that, One Piece is fine.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Am I the only one who thinks One Piece is perfect? And Joe, you do. And believe me, before OP ends we are gonna see TONS of old characters again.

(Man, this forum is anal about polls.)

The ONLY thing I can find wrong with One Piece is...
    PELL SHOULD HAVE DIED.
    There. I said it. Geez, I sound like a Star Wars geek saying, "Greedo did not shoot first!"
    The story, the characters, the fighting styles...I love them all. So much variety, nothing ever gets old.
    But some characters should just...stay dead!

Discovered Stowaway Creeping_Wrath's Avatar

7/10 for me, too bad I couldn't vote.

It's far from perfect for me, and lacks movement that I myself like to get into, but it is still a fun thing to do when bored.

That's just how I see it.

Don't go all rabid on me. ^opinion.

You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

What S-CRY-ed character are you?

Probably between 8 and 9 for me. It's not perfect, IMO its main flaw is not really developing the characters' personalities and relationships very much outside of their joining arcs. Although currently, Usopp and Robin have gotten some good development, which is a step in the right direction. Just my opinion on the topic.

Oh, and Pell should have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee128
    how come there is no 9999999 option?

I agree, I just read the Pell blowing up part of the manga a few days ago and I nearly cried STILL. He really should have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    Am I the only one who thinks One Piece is perfect?
    * Points on hiself & Melee *

And Joe, you do. And believe me, before OP ends we are gonna see TONS of old characters again.
    Buggy & Smoker are good examples.

I'm going to give OP a 9.9999999999999999999999999 out of ten, for two reasons:
    1)God damn you, Pell!
    2) I don't know if, some day in the distant future, I may find a story that I actually like better than OP. It will most likely not happen, but the point is you can not assume something is perfect because you may experience something better. My uncle told me when he was a kid, looking at NES graphics, he said "It just can't get any better than this" and obviously, it did. So perhaps in the future there could be one story better than this. Not holding my breath, though, haha.

Anyway, to those that think that each arc feels too resolved, I would like to point at the cover stories. There is no way in hell that Oda is just going to drop these guys on their asses after build-up like that (just look at Buggy's and Jango's cover stories). This is the man that must have everything planned out already, so trust me, OP will do a crazy-ass loop and we will see some oldies-but-goodies eventually.

Also, to One Piece Naruto, you think that this is childish? Exactly how far in the series have you gotten? True, it starts out very kiddy and Dragonball-esque in its simplicity, but it very soon becomes very serious and complex, and the serious, maddening, and sad moments all work just as well as the silly ones. I do not mean to persecute you for your opinion, I'm just genuinely curious where you got that idea.

Let me ask you guys something. If Pell just happen to fall over dead in some gutter. (Well safe to say he didn't go back to the kingdom, they think hes dead - don't hold me to this, I'm kidding) Would you be happy?

*hears a thousand yesses*

Killer Bunny Duce of Transilvania's Avatar

*one of the thousands of yesses*
    8/10
    Well i never thought One Piece is perfect, it is a amazing story with incredible characters and Oda has created a World so detailed, that it is surpassing Middle-Earth. But somethings I just cant stand, like people surviving ridiculous injuries and things that are to fantastic.

Let me ask you guys something. If Pell just happen to fall over dead in some gutter. (Well safe to say he didn't go back to the kingdom, they think hes dead - don't hold me to this, I'm kidding) Would you be happy?

*hears a thousand yesses*
    Yeah, that`s a point.
    What if Pell died, what makes OP better if he`s died?

Well dammit, he don't like killin', leave the man be.

If OP was an entire flashback they'd all have died ages ago.

See, Pell not dying isn't that huge for me. But a story can not be perfect unless you adore everything about it. The second there's something you don't like about it, it is no longer perfect. No matter how small. My point is, OP may be godly good, but you can't assume it is perfect until you read everything else ever made or that ever will be made. Don't get me wrong thi is my favorite story of all time, but I'm just saying that the word "perfect" is an awful strong one to throw around, you know what I mean?

And if Pell did die in some gutter, I would not be happy. Because that's just as bad if not worse than him being alive. The point is that Pell made the ultimate sacrifice, and it turned out it wasn't so ultimate. Pell did something so selfless, so amazingly cool, and so downright touching, that it almost seems like we've been cheated when it turns out there was apparently no imminent danger if he could survive the blast point-blank. When Pell's death hit us, it was like a brick wall of sheer emotion. When he lives, it's not that we want him dead, it's just that we wish that that moment had been as truthfully emotional as we had hoped. But this is all off-topic, let's get back to what we were doing before, shall we?

10/10 ;) Best manga ever for me. And even though there some things I dislike little, almost everything else make uo for it, so 10/10.

10/10

and giving something a 10/10 doesn;'t make it perfect. I gave many members a 10 and they are far from perfect, as am I. It just means it is really, really, really, really, really, really, really ,really ,really, really, really good.

and who voted 1? :wacko:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information