• 10/5

4 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rate One Piece!

Default Re: Rate One Piece!

Quote Originally Posted by IT'S A LION!
    (Man, this forum is anal about polls.)

The ONLY thing I can find wrong with One Piece is...
    PELL SHOULD HAVE DIED.
    There. I said it. Geez, I sound like a Star Wars geek saying, "Greedo did not shoot first!"
    The story, the characters, the fighting styles...I love them all. So much variety, nothing ever gets old.
    But some characters should just...stay dead!
    Well thats pretty much all I wouldv'e said too.

pell should have die...
    since he didnt...i get this impression that no one will ever die in one piece...which reduce the excitment....altho its still pretty DAMN EXCITING TO ME xD

PELL SHOULD HAVE DIED.
    There. I said it. Geez, I sound like a Star Wars geek saying, "Greedo did not shoot first!"
    The story, the characters, the fighting styles...I love them all. So much variety, nothing ever gets old.
    Hey! He didnt. Han always shot first. Hands down.
    I think 1/10. I mean its a godawful manga. The animationsall crappy and Usopp sounds lik a pansy. And Sanji sound like a New Yorker.
    It sucks.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

I vote 7.5/10. Its not the perfect series everyone claims it to be, yet is a thousand times higher than the "averge classic shonen series". What is does have that is perfect is its potential. Did anyone think the story was going anywhere after reading the Morgan arc, or even the Buggy arc? Then Arlong comes out of nowhere and even some of the Narutards are like "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuh???". I don't care whether certain characters live or die, if their story is complete (Like Arlong for example) than it doesn't really matter what their fate is. That is why it didn't even really care Pell lived, he fulfilled his purpose.

Another thing I dislike is the Dourikki (sp?). I haven't watched any of CP-9, but from what I have heard, these are power-levels...come on Oda, I know you're inspired by Toryama, but don't go that far. We already have bounties...

7-8/10
    Great manga, one of my favorites...but not the best, there are many manga I prefer, by artists that actually kill people in their stories.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

meh, One Piece is perfect to me. 10/10

i've never been so moved watching any other series, or reading any other series. I can't find anything to complain about, and even if I did, I'd still say that One Piece is damn near perfect.

I could name off all the reasons, but these speak for themselves...
    reason 1
    reason 2
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Masta D.
    Another thing I dislike is the Dourikki (sp?). I haven't watched any of CP-9, but from what I have heard, these are power-levels...come on Oda, I know you're inspired by Toryama, but don't go that far. We already have bounties...
    Don't assume too much.

Spoiler:
    douriki are not power levels. They just tell you how good you are in something, but nobody knows exactly what. It could be hitting power, or overall. But it's certain that higher douricki in no way means they are stronger than those with lower. Plus it only measures physical prownes. Not taking into account aabilities, unless something like luffy's

Oh, thanks Octogon. That indeed is different from the cliche power-levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Master
    Hey! He didnt. Han always shot first. Hands down.
    I know. I was just saying that I sound geeky obsessing over it.

9.999 out of ten. Maybe not 10 because Pell should have died. But above a 9 because I LOVE the characters, moreso than any other story I've read.

I say 10 out of 10 (at the current time). It's well written, great characters, unique story and plot, and it has a very "uplifting" feel to it (to me). Sure, some things are long, but that just makes it all the better for me.

And I still don't understand the deal with Pell. If Pell shows up in a future arc for some reason (possibly for an important reason), I will laugh. At all of you. XD

Yeah....people generally wait 'til the end to review so they get the full package and don't get caught on petty things like a minor character surviving a bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Quote Originally Posted by Myoti
    And I still don't understand the deal with Pell. If Pell shows up in a future arc for some reason (possibly for an important reason), I will laugh. At all of you. XD
    Well, if that were the case, it would still suck, that he survived. Would you want Bellemere to return, maybe being imporant to the story? Although it would ruin the sadness of Nami's flashback and it would be completely illogical even for OP....
    I mean...Pell was close to a bomb, that was meant to be able to kill everybody in Arbana...but didn't do anything to a bird holding it? Honestly, that must've been one lousy bomb, they didn't even have to take it away, it's not like it was dangerous at all.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

Well, if that were the case, it would still suck, that he survived. Would you want Bellemere to return, maybe being imporant to the story? Although it would ruin the sadness of Nami's flashback and it would be completely illogical even for OP....
    Bellemelle was most definetly dead. They could see the body, touch it, and tell she was dead. Not the case with Pell:

I mean...Pell was close to a bomb, that was meant to be able to kill everybody in Arbana...but didn't do anything to a bird holding it? Honestly, that must've been one lousy bomb, they didn't even have to take it away, it's not like it was dangerous at all.
    What's to say he didn't fly off before it exploded (which, most likely, is what happened). He was injured, yes, (since he was leaving some hospital area when we found he was alive), but there's no reason he couldn't have survived.

But, as Buccaneer just said:
    "Yeah....people generally wait 'til the end to review so they get the full package and don't get caught on petty things like a minor character surviving a bomb."

Exactly. Which is why I gave it a 10/10 for the time being. I'm not truly judging until the series is finished*, and if it stays the way it is through and through (or, of course, gets even better), I'd say all the good things in the series far outways you're wanting for a character to die.

When I think a great character is dead (on movies, books, etc.), and find out later they're not, I'm happy, no matter if they tried to sacrifice themselves for something. It's almost like some of you are saying that dying is Pell's reward for rescuing everyone. :/

*Which reminds me that I'm writing a review for the manga on CAA when the series is over. Sure, it's gonna be awhile, but I can wait it out. :p

Boo.
    I'm not really an objective OP rater, since it's the ONLY manga I pay ANY attention to.

Future Pirate King Monkey.D.Luffy's Avatar

Give One Piece a 100 outta 10. Love One Piece anime til' my heart breaks... Seriously.. But not to the point where I kill someone for not liking One Piece.. That's considered dumb...
    A Quest For Treasure Will Unite Them All: ONE PIECE

PELL SHOULD HAVE DIED.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

The best shounen manga there is currently......

Seen so many of this kind of manga... DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, FMA, HxH, Inuyasha, Groove Adventure Rave, Samurai Deeper Kyo, many more.. can't remember..

but.. OP is the best out of all.. storyline is great.. character is great.. all planned out..
    although the pell thing quite bothered me.. i don't believe Oda wont kill any character.. he might do it sometime in the future.. and probably he did kill characterss.. really2 minor one.. but.. never emphasize too much on it..

so.. 9.5/10.. nothing's perfect.. ^^

JOIN THE ULTIMATE ONE PIECE EXPERIENCE!!
    ONE PIECE HQ FORUMS

BECAUSE ITS MY DREAM

THAT'S WHY I WONT MIND DYING FOR IT
    (Monkey D. Luffy)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information