+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batman

Default Batman

A General Batman Discussion topic. Be it comics, cartoons, or speculations for the next movie.
    Or just to diss Joel Schumaucher.

I have to say I just got finished reading No Mans Land in its entirety and damn I was blown away. My favorite parts were Harvey Dent putting Two Face on Trial and Joker killing Sarah Essen and Gordon shooting him in the leg in response (plusthe first reference to James his son in a long time)

Along with that I read The Man Who Laughs, the Post Crisis retelling of Jokers first fight with Batman and Joker. It was a very good sequal to Year One, though Long Halloween is still the best.

Any speculations on how they will hopefully kill Rachel Dawes in the next movie? With any hope she will be a Joker victim paving the way for Harvey Dent to come in. I seriously hope this kicks ass as much as the last one did.

Which brings us to a great Batman Quote-
    • Dick Grayson: Who the hell are you anyway, giving out orders like this?
    Batman: What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Default Re: Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Master
    though Long Halloween is still the best.
    I love the hell out of Long Halloween. Loeb and Sale make a hell of a team. When you get the chance check out Dark Victory. A followup by the same team and it kicks ass. On a related note, they also did a Catwoman series (When In Rome).

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Master
    Which brings us to a great Batman Quote- ....I'm the goddamn Batman.
    It amuses me how much All Star Batman & Robin pissed people off. It's utter crack so I just read it with the mindset that it's an elseworlds title. Miller may be a little nuts with his handling of the characters and world but it's a fun, wierd ride with kickass art. And love it or hate it, everybody has to admit it's one of the best lines in comics in a long while.

War Games is also a good read though it helps to read the background stuff on Stephanie/Spoiler and how she became Robin and was subsequently fired (it really is the setup for the story). There are a number of things that people find 'wrong' with the storyline (me included) but it's good stuff.

And I hesitate to speculate on the next movie. I'm praying they don't screw it up.

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

I have yet to find the Catwoman story (still looking. May resort to bittorent) but Dark Victory I bought twice (the first time it got ripped in anger by my father a long time ago)
    Two Face is definatly my fav. villian after Joker.
    Now the question is will Ras appear in Batman 2/6? After all he is immortal or Taila? She was mentioned in the novelization. And what about the Roman? Nolan said the movie would be based off Long Halloween and Falcone was a major influence. Prehaps it will all be Maroni (rumored to be played by Anthony Hopkins also rumored to be Oswald Cobblebott) who is used in his place as the chief mafia lord after Falcones downfall.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

My brother recently bought Season 1 of TAS, so I want to start watching that. Childhood memories right there.

Two face and all the other villians (but two face is the best example)=Batman

That is basically what i came up with (after taking a course in which we analysized our summer reading which was Batman: DKR, Year One and The Crow). I can explain why later, if you guys want (if i remember the theories behind it. I took the course months ago)

I think the Killing Joke is one of the best batman stories ever. I love how the Joker was just a person on the brink how was pushed over the edge, which is what he tried to prove to gordan (using the usually extreme joker tactics
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

Batman laughing in TKJ....chilling.
    Dont forget the creepy as hell Arkahm Assylum. That sent chills up and down my spine.
    And Death in the Family...powerful Joker story and the only time besides Hush that I ever saw Batman ready to kill.
    The course sounds awsome. KNR is so great. One of the greatest stories ever. Except for is sequal...I didnt like that as much.
    I also reccomend Knightfall. It is the first appearance of Bane and the first time Batman looses.

The course was awesome, it was called Gothic Novels. We read stuff by freud, we read frankenstein(both of these among other things), and at the end we analyzed a film in the context of the gothic. It was amazing. If i were to go into how batman is gothic, it would take forever. Similarly for my presentation piece, the matrix.

After analyzing the two batman graphic novels, i can safely say that batman doesnt kill because he doesnt want to kill but because he can't kill. Again, that is something that takes an entire explanation that i will post provided some interest

Batman is not gothic.

Gotham at night is Gothic. Think about it

Perhaps we are not thinking of the same kind of gothic. Batman is probably one of the most singularly gothic characters ever written and the metropolis, he "protects" is part of the gothic universe that he inhabits and has created, to a large extent.

What type are you reffering to? The victorian art gothic or the rebelious gothic?

neither, the literary gothic.

Ah now it makes sense. Sorry for my lack of understanding.
    Im watching the Batman cartoon episode Baby Doll. Batman kicks Gilligan and the SKipper and continually punches them!

one of my favorite episodes is His Silicone Soul, where there is a cybernetic batman. It raises alot of questions after doing gothic. Like what exactly makes a person a person? or what is truly real? whose to say that batman didnt have his mind put into a robot? That has a lot to do with my study of the matrix (at least the question of reality) and this story that i was writing (i think it got to like 20 pages) and i mean to finish one day. It is based on the matrix and the terminator both of which have so much symbolism in them. I really should continue it

Batman has always been my favorite superhero.

I'm looking forward to Grant Morrison's upcoming run.

Edit: Oh, I just re-read Alan Grant's the Last Arkham again last week. It's the first appearance of Mr. Zsasz, and I recommend it.

batman is such a multi-faceted character. He is so much better than other popular superheros like superman.

Quote Originally Posted by gilrules2000
    batman is such a multi-faceted character. He is so much better than other popular superheros like superman.
    Though the Dark Knight is my favorite, Superman is pretty damn awesome too.

His greatest assest is his intelligence. His gadgets have the ability to cripple the JL when properly used. And he can lift a freakin' 100 pounds >.<

he can definitely lift more. I have seen some of the versions of batman and he is huge all the time. I can take out anyone, given some prep time.

Quote Originally Posted by gilrules2000
    he can definitely lift more. I have seen some of the versions of batman and he is huge all the time. I can take out anyone, given some prep time.
    Ya, he can lift more. With weights and such. If I'm not mistaken I believe we saw him lift 1800 hundred pounds for a workout? He's fast as hell to. and his level of skill is enourmas. Was it ever mentioned who all of his teachers were?

I don't know what you man by saying you can take anyone with some prep time. Sure, if you have the right tools and knowledge, but thats not easy to come by at all. But even with prep, fighting the likes of Superman is pretty damn immpressive.

edit: I made a typo. I mean to say "he" not "I"
    it is impressive is what i am saying. He is damn good.

Future Pirate King Monkey.D.Luffy's Avatar

About time someone puts this up... And I seriously doubt Rachel is gonna die.. Joker rules! Best comic-villian ever..

The Joker: Behind all the sturm and bat-o-rangs, you're just a little boy in a playsuit crying for mommy and daddy. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Oh, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. HA HA HA HA HA!

You think the Joker's gonna look like this in the next movie or they're gonna stick to his original look?
    http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...facept1/17.jpg
    Now... I don't mind his looks but his personality could use more kick
    A Quest For Treasure Will Unite Them All: ONE PIECE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information